NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Love seeing everyone eating crow on this now :hehe:

I don't see it as eating crow, rather that Nintendo released a decent trailer that got people excited. The first trailer did nothing for a lot of people, no harm in people feeling like that whatsoever.

I've been excited since E3, but now I can't control myself! Less than two months now...

I can see why people had concerns over this title. But at the same time, it's a 3D Mario title. They have always been awesome, people should have a little more faith.

Yeah that's how I see it. It wasn't the most overwhelming of intro's and all the 3DS land comparisons were off putting. But I just thought they never mess it up so it's bound to be amazing. I remember 3D land getting bad reports from E3 - too slow, levels too short and easy and bland etc. Look how that turned out!

Looks like the awesome retro art is back if you look near the logo's cat tail.

That doesn't surprise me actually, I've seen a lot of very recent merchandise with this kind of 'classic' art-work on it. From cups to easter eggs and tshirts. It makes sense really, especially considering how often people use the image of 'Paper Mario' when a lot of people probably don't even know about the Paper Mario series. He's coming to an age where his image is that of Mickey Mouse, I think.

And my god, this trailer is just so good. I watched it again and that music. I love that it has an open world stage as well where Mario is just messing about trying to catch things as the cat. It brings back memories of just messing around with things in Mario 64 for ages and not worrying about objectives or time constraints.

mariogatojuega_944864b.jpg

Anybody think the reason the pipes are transparent has some sort of a correlation with the green Sprixie fairy?

No one else see just another Mario game? Anyone?

I wouldn't fault EAD Tokyo's design as such but it all looks too familiar, way too familiar. Personally speaking, i'm finding it really difficult to get hyped for it. I should love it but I don't.

I wouldn't fault EAD Tokyo's design as such but it all looks too familiar, way too familiar. Personally speaking, i'm finding it really difficult to get hyped for it. I should love it but I don't.

Na. I see bags and bags of creativity in there. The level design is going to be amazing. It looks pure fun.

Still gutted it's not online. I'll never play multiplayer!

I do see your point. Nintendo are very fond of the wash/rinse/repeat cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a level editor over there in Tokyo. This game looked abysmal at E3 but its come on leaps and bounds in the mean time and I think in the 4 months it shows why they went this route. It looks really nice now but I think Nintendo had to use the cookie cutter in order to have this out by Christmas. Take this game out of the line-up and what core Nintendo game have you got? My concern now is it could be a short game to get it out on time. We'll see.

Not necessarily true. You have me :)

Not necessarily true. You have me :)

Not sure if you've noticed but I live in Manchester and you live in Sheffield... might be difficult playing local multi mate.

Not sure if you've noticed but I live in Manchester and you live in Sheffield... might be difficult playing local multi mate.

Errrrrr

There is a thing called trains. They transport folk from one place to another

In case you have forgotten I was only in your flat the other day...:weep:

Errrrrr

There is a thing called trains.

They also deliver data connection services for Nintendo.

This is a bit of a killer for me. I saw a powerup showcase type video via Kotaku the other day, and the general footage and stuff did look pretty good. However I just kept thinking it'd be so much better in multi than single.

Then I realise how hard it is not only to get everyone together now that we're older, but even when we DO get together how much we're more distracted with other things as well as gaming. Just like NSMBWii and U, I can't see myself getting this above a certain price.

I hated the multiplayer when I played it at Eurogamer, far too chaotic and it just ended up being a sprint to the finish with everyone being left off screen. Single player all the way for me.

Having thought about the trailer some more, I actually think Nintendo were quite smart with their reveals for this game. If they'd released this awesome trailer at E3 everyone would be still be moaning that it wasn't an epic Galaxy-like game and the hype would have been mixed. Instead they released a modest one, got everyone talking about the game (for better or worse) and then dropped this bomb, creating MASSES of hype, less than two months before release. It worked out for the best IMO, building the hype gradually towards release.

Yes, so "smart" because they did that on purpose and wanted that backlash from E3.

Read beyond the first line, instead of adopting your usual child-like, clueless, blinkered approach to arguing.

I read it all and your "MASSES" of hype line. I wouldn't quite go with that but we can all agree it looks miles better.

Nintendo Minute -- Super Mario 3D World New Levels and Power-up!

After watching that my interest dropped again. Nothing inspiring about those 2 levels, they were linear, non challenging and empty. I hope there are few as bad as those and they are more of the open world variety.