NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Super Mario Galaxy was essentially the same, it just had a star at the end of a level rather than a flagpole. Don't try and pretend that Galaxy's levels weren't as linear as hell
I could also find you a lot of non-linear levels in Mario Galaxy, especially the first.

can we all stop arguing about linear levels since we've seen snippets of about 3 levels out of the game, or atleast add the caveat of "from what levels we've seen" before making assumptions about being linear and/or open world, for all we know there could be a huge hub world where you access levels from pipes around it! (i'd actually love that given the pipe emphasis)

The flag poles and time limits tend to be indicators of level design, but yeah, we've only seen a selection of levels so far.

The level design will be exactly like in 3D Land. Some will be straight lines, some more exploration-based

The flag poles and time limits tend to be indicators of level design, but yeah, we've only seen a selection of levels so far.

I know, i know but i could just see this descending into an argument thread, so if we just leave preconceptions at the door for the most part then hopefully this won't derail into madness (well madness for this forum, i think most threads are madness compared to other forums as it is :heh:)

I know, i know but i could just see this descending into an argument thread, so if we just leave preconceptions at the door for the most part then hopefully this won't derail into madness (well madness for this forum, i think most threads are madness compared to other forums as it is :heh:)
haha ok, understood ;)

Super Mario Galaxy was essentially the same, it just had a star at the end of a level rather than a flagpole. Don't try and pretend that Galaxy's levels weren't as linear as hell

But you could get stars when you didn't even mean to, going for another one, there seemed to be some exploration involved and choice. From a to b doesn't feel like what 3D mario should be. And some where extremely linear admittedly (but so fucking imaginative) but a lot weren't as well.

Galaxy 1 + 2 are two of the greatest games ever made, this just being very good isn't good enough for me; I worry the direction it's taking is going to limit the creativity.

Like I say, i'm excited by it and no doubt I'll love it, but I worry I'll think a lot about what could have been

But if can't talk about anything we don't know there's nothing to say :)

Here we go again.

Not you specifically but ive noticed that if you dont agree with something on this forum then the members tend to insult you.

Generally its this:

"You are an idiot if you do not agree with what im saying"

Annoying.

Now back on topic. Yes the game looks fun and im positive it will be a joy to play. I do not doubt this. I just dont think that in regards to what we have seen so far the game pushes the genre forward like the other mario console games did for that specific generation.

I did make sure I put "I think" before making said statement. I just find sometimes when people don't get exactly what they want, they immediately feel the need to be overly dramatic, when actually, in reality, the situation could be far worse.

I still maintain that if they hadn't have called it Super Mario 3D World, we wouldn't have these complaints

Couldn't give a shit about the name...it's like you haven't even bothered to read peoples genuine views and just put your own "tag" on them. It trivalizes peoples views when you say stuff like that and is actually kind of insulting.

Sent from my Novo7Aurora using Tapatalk 2

it's like you haven't even bothered to read peoples genuine views and just put your own "tag" on them. It trivalizes peoples views when you say stuff like that and is actually kind of insulting.
Nailed it.

Nailed it.

Cheers!

@flameboy You've been in North America for no time at all and already you write it trivializes ;)

Posted on phone so it used autocorrect I assume!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Is this online 4 player or just local?

Have a guess.

Is this online 4 player or just local?

Unlike some other people, I think giving a direct answer to the question works better than not giving one. Local only.

It's local only. When you look at how others have attempted online platformers, nobody has managed to perfect it yet. Nintendo decided not to risk it and to focus on the local aspect

I feel this game could be easily done online. They could use a netcode similar to GGPO which offers no input delay to the player but if the games become out of sync then it rolls back causing teleporting enemies etc. It's not perfect, if you have bad internet then it's even worse than the usual input delay gameplay but if you have good internet then it's much better since you'll never experience the roll backs and it'll feel just like you're playing offline. I think I'll skip this game tbh I hated the digital controls in Mario 3D Land and I'll hate them in this game, if it had online that would be a reason to get it but as it is I'll stick with Sonic and Donkey Kong

It had come after a tense week so I think its understandable. Im sure it'll be fine now and then when whatever is needed for the Wii U threads to be brought back is figured out we can try get back to civilized two sided conversations.

I feel this game could be easily done online. They could use a netcode similar to GGPO which offers no input delay to the player but if the games become out of sync then it rolls back causing teleporting enemies etc. It's not perfect, if you have bad internet then it's even worse than the usual input delay gameplay but if you have good internet then it's much better since you'll never experience the roll backs and it'll feel just like you're playing offline. I think I'll skip this game tbh I hated the digital controls in Mario 3D Land and I'll hate them in this game, if it had online that would be a reason to get it but as it is I'll stick with Sonic and Donkey Kong

You forget that this is Nintendo. While that is possible, they'd rather the game have no online than online that isn't consistently top quality, especially after Smash

Has there been posts deleted from this thread or something? I'm sure we were on a new page before?? :confused:

Anyway, I watched the launch vid for this again recently, as well as some playing footage. Looks so much fun. I also can't wait to play through as all the different characters! Especially Princess Peach! :love: Although I'm a bit gutted she's like the character for the beginner / younger sister... :angry: haha.

Be good to take control of Toad for a change too!!

I'm still wondering what the story is, since we have Peach as playable.

Please don't be Bowser kidnapping Daisy...

Has there been posts deleted from this thread or something?

Yes. I do not understand why. I made a joke, maybe for the first time here, and it gets deleted. Imagine if everything not precisely on-topic and everyting defamatory on this board would get deleted...

I'm still wondering what the story is, since we have Peach as playable.

Please don't be Bowser kidnapping Daisy...

I think that would be amazing!! Lets get Daisy involved!

Although that's a good point Serebii - I wonder what the 'story' will be. I say story, it's normally a minute and a half cut scene of Bowser stealing someone and an item being scattered across the lands! :laughing:

Yes. I do not understand why. I made a joke, maybe for the first time here, and it gets deleted. Imagine if everything not on-topic here would get deleted, and not just my content.

Oh yeah! I thought I was losing it haha! I knew I'd commented on something at work today that made me chuckle. Well that's just ridiculous quite frankly. I'll re-iterate my comment as it clearly still stands! Chill pills required...!

Has there been posts deleted from this thread or something? I'm sure we were on a new page before?? :confused:

Anyway, I watched the launch vid for this again recently, as well as some playing footage. Looks so much fun. I also can't wait to play through as all the different characters! Especially Princess Peach! :love: Although I'm a bit gutted she's like the character for the beginner / younger sister... :angry: haha.

Be good to take control of Toad for a change too!!

I watched the E3 trailer again too, looks better every time I watch it. Love the music :)