NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Whilst I have reservations about the new 3D Mario game (specifically a lack of true analogue control and the focus of the game being local multi-player) let's not all start acting like babies. There's never been a bad 3D Mario game, EVER. Let's have a little faith and reserve judgement until we have played it. After all, I've read nothing but positive impressions about the game.

Whilst I have reservations about the new 3D Mario game (specifically a lack of true analogue control and the focus of the game being local multi-player) let's not all start acting like babies. There's never been a bad 3D Mario game, EVER. Let's have a little faith and reserve judgement until we have played it. After all, I've read nothing but positive impressions about the game.

It's not that it will be bad, it's that it doesn't have any ambition. It doesn't show what the console can do, it doesn't push the genre in any way at all like other Mario games have. This game could have been made on the Wii or even the 3DS... that's my issue with it.

It's not that it will be bad, it's that it doesn't have any ambition. It doesn't show what the console can do, it doesn't push the genre in any way at all like other Mario games have. This game could have been made on the Wii or even the 3DS... that's my issue with it.

That's legitimate criticism - but unlike others you don't come over as a spoilt child who probably doesn't even own the system. There's nothing wrong with legitimate criticism at all - in fact your worries over the game pretty much overlap with mine!

That's legitimate criticism - but unlike others you don't come over as a spoilt child who probably doesn't even own the system. There's nothing wrong with legitimate criticism at all - in fact your worries over the game pretty much overlap with mine!

To be honest, this is my problem with all Nintendo releases up to the end if the year. Nothing takes advantage of the system. Not even Nintendoland! On an online enabled console they completely omitted online play... why on earth?! Reggie said "online is the air gamers breathe, we want to provide you with as much of this air as possible." Well bollocks to that, they completely lied to us!!!

If this game is £30 or so and lets us use multiplayer with the Gamepad and Wii remotes then I might get it. NSMBU is awful because you're not allowed to actually play the game in multiplayer if you want to use the Gamepad.

If this game is £30 or so and lets us use multiplayer with the Gamepad and Wii remotes then I might get it. NSMBU is awful because you're not allowed to actually play the game in multiplayer if you want to use the Gamepad.

It's 4 player, with one using the GamePad so you don't have to worry about that.

There are Bowser signs around, so I believe Bowser is in the game as an antagonist. then again, never say never. That one fairylike character in one of the pics resembles sub-con.

Come on Nintendo give us something new (ish), we don't need to fight Bowser for the millionth time, Wart would be a very welcome change.

It just crossed my mind, could this game reintroduce Wart?

I've got my fingers crossed since E3!

Makes a lot of things difficult though...

I think they'll probably just continue their safety-first no-risk-whatsoever approach and go with Bowser.

I think they'll probably just continue their safety-first no-risk-whatsoever approach and go with Bowser.

lalalalala-I-cant-hear-you.jpg

I'm actually pretty convinced it could be Wart. I mean there are enough references to SMB2 already, plus Peach has not been kidnapped, so Bowser wouldn't even have a reason to be there. Team Wart all the way.

I think anyone complaining this doesn't look fantastic is being a moron. Fine, it may not be what you expected. But it's clearly going to play brilliantly, moaning for the sake of moaning seems so petty.

I think anyone complaining this doesn't look fantastic is being a moron. Fine, it may not be what you expected. But it's clearly going to play brilliantly, moaning for the sake of moaning seems so petty.

But there are plenty of things not to like about this direction or be disappointed about what it's not, so people are entitled to complain without being labelled a moron. Not everyone likes the New Super Mario Bros version of the series and if this is just a 3D version of that I'm not interested no matter how much they take from 3D Land.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Here we go again.

Not you specifically but ive noticed that if you dont agree with something on this forum then the members tend to insult you.

Generally its this:

"You are an idiot if you do not agree with what im saying"

Annoying.

Now back on topic. Yes the game looks fun and im positive it will be a joy to play. I do not doubt this. I just dont think that in regards to what we have seen so far the game pushes the genre forward like the other mario console games did for that specific generation.

Edited by Blade

To a large degree I agree with you. Whilst I have some concerns, the most important thing is this:

When has their ever been a 3D Mario Platformer that hasn't been awesome? Oh, never! Let's have some faith :)

I still maintain that if they hadn't have called it Super Mario 3D World, we wouldn't have these complaints

It's not just the name, it's the fact that there is a run button when the 3d mario games were so good because of the level of analogue control. It's the flags at the end of the level, it's the fact that the levels "seem" to be start to end and not worlds to explore; the fact it doesn't seem to be true movement and instead 8 directional. Will all these stop it from being incredible? Not necessarily, but it's enough to make people worry and suggest it's not going to be the same type of game as Galaxy; and it's clear that most people want a Galaxy type game more than a souped up handheld game.

It's not just the name, it's the fact that there is a run button when the 3d mario games were so good because of the level of analogue control. It's the flags at the end of the level, it's the fact that the levels "seem" to be start to end and not worlds to explore; the fact it doesn't seem to be true movement and instead 8 directional. Will all these stop it from being incredible? Not necessarily, but it's enough to make people worry and suggest it's not going to be the same type of game as Galaxy; and it's clear that most people want a Galaxy type game more than a souped up handheld game.

But wart about WART?!

wart.jpg

It's not 8 directional, just as 3D Land wasn't. There will be a few levels to explore, just like in 3D Land.

But wart about WART?!

wart.jpg

Haha, if he's in it it'll be awesome. I have no doubt it'll be in my top 3 games of the whole year, it's my favourite game series. But I just want it to be a defining game of the generation like 3D mario games should be, and not just "another" good one in the series

Maybe he'll be revealed as the real villain behind bowser, and markderoos will be happy. Of course, you'll have to buy it to find out!

I still haven't gotten NSMBU, I think I might end up not getting this. I agree a lot with dazzybee's post(except the 8-direction thing, because that isn't strictly true) but I definitely don't want another Galaxy, I still want another SM64. I've wanted it since before Galaxy, too.

Super Mario Galaxy was essentially the same, it just had a star at the end of a level rather than a flagpole. Don't try and pretend that Galaxy's levels weren't as linear as hell