NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

Super Mario 2. :wink:

W.A.R.T.!.!.!.!

Please be in it! There's no need for Bowser when Peach isn't kidnapped :awesome:

W.A.R.T.!.!.!.!

Please be in it! There's no need for Bowser when Peach isn't kidnapped :awesome:

04_l.jpg

Notice the fairy in the background?

Edited by Dante

Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Galaxy :)

Super Mario 2. :wink:

@Serebii it's not a sequel to Galaxy. Just like Galaxy is not a sequel to Sunshine.

Unintentionally you've kind highlighted my problem with this game. The word lazy has been banded around, to me it's kind of desperate. They want "that" game the Wii Sports, Brain Training, Nintendogs that really catapults the system into the general public entertainmentsphere (trademark pending). I think they kind of hoped New Super Mario Bros. U would be that title, New Super Mario Bros Wii was an evergreen title on Wii and certainly from my experience one of those titles the more casual Wii owners picked up.

Right now the Wii U is not selling what they hoped they need to appeal to both the casual masses and the hardcore. This is their idea a god awful hodge podge mess of ideas. It just doesn't feel right to me. Think how clearly refined every Mario game of old has been Super Mario Bros. Mario 3, Mario 64. Even Mario Galaxy with all it's nods back to the past had a clear vision of what it was as it's own game! It had some old things but just the right amount amongest this wonderful rapper. I don't get any of this sense of identity from Super Mario 3D World right down to it's title and the use Super Mario Bros 2 quartet.

Where's showing me a compelling reason that I need the Gamepad? Mario Galaxy nailed motion controls like no other game. This doesn't do that. Perhaps I should be waiting for Mario Universe to go a head and get that experience. Personally to me the use companion apps for the likes of Watch Dogs is way more compelling and sure this will exist on the Wii U version but why should I care when I get the same experience using an android tablet I already own and better looking version on next gen consoles.

Aside from this I think graphically it's very nice, lovely to see Mario in HD. I like the catsuit the creepy catsuit wearing booth folk less so.

04_l.jpg

Notice the fairy in the background?

Hypehypehypehypehypehype!!!!

8 Bit era Mega Man and a hint at Wart in one week, nostalgia quote maxed out! :bouncy:

I don't dare dream about Wart in Smash Bros now, because than I can die peacefully by the hand of that creepy Villager and that would mean I can't play all these games...

There's a slight misnomer going around that this game only has 8 directional movement.

Technically true, but very untrue. It's like Super Mario 3D Land where control is analogue, but it snaps you into a direction (not just 8 of them) to give you more precise control

There's a slight misnomer going around that this game only has 8 directional movement.

Technically true, but very untrue. It's like Super Mario 3D Land where control is analogue, but it snaps you into a direction (not just 8 of them) to give you more precise control

For me that's actually a good thing as most of my gametime is the day after a night out ;)

Nintendo have made a video for you worrying about camera etc

Right Stick & Gyroscope control

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Nintendo have made a video for you worrying about camera etc

Right Stick & Gyroscope control

Great. Now they need to stop this joke and make it into a proper 3D Mario title not some inbred NSMB/3D Land.

Oh, please.

Believe it or not, I MUCH prefer this over a galaxy game. This IS a real 3D Mario game for some and I'm glad they went down this route. It looks incredibly fun!

If that's the difficulty of level 4-2 I dread to think how piss easy the rest of the game is. Hopefully like 3D Land the content will double after the first playthrough.

I also felt like slapping the guy who played the world 2 video.

Edited by Ronnie

When I watched the Nintendo Direct video I was initially disappointed when I saw this.

Whereas I still would have preferred the next 'big' mario game (no idea what it could have been, but I wouldn't have wanted a Galaxy 3... something different like they have always been) Maybe not with a water cannon on the back though! :p

But I know I will enjoy this game as I usually do, the option to play multi-player as well is something that interests me because I can actually play a 3D mario now with my girlfriend rather than just the 2D ones.

3D Land was great on the 3DS and I am sure World will be great on the Wii U. I understand where people are coming from in that it almost looked like a 3DS game at first, I too initially thought this.

For me, as long as this is great fun to play and gets Nintendo sales of the Wii U then I will be happy! :)

Yeah, I almost I hate the fact this game is a disappointment as it looks loads of fun. It's just... Galaxy 2 is probably my favourite game of all time, and mario 3D is SO good partly because it's on a handheld; it's obvously too early, but a home console 3D land just doesn't excite me as much as a Galaxy scale game... I should be looking forward to this game more than anything else this year. But I'm looking forward to Pikmin and maybe even Donkey Kong more...

As I don't own a 3DS, I'm actually looking forward to playing a '3D' Mario game.

Colour me excited!

Super Mario 3D World won’t have online multiplayer

Super Mario 3D World is the first 3D Mario game to offer four-player multiplayer. Gamers will be able to play as one of four characters, each with their own unique traits: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad.

Unfortunately, Super Mario 3D World’s multiplayer will be limited to local play only. Nintendo has confirmed that you won’t be able to go online and continue the experience with others.

Director Koichi Hayashida and producer Yoshiaki Koizumi commented on the decision to not include online while speaking with TIME. Their main response was that Nintendo is focusing on seeing the other players around you. You can find Hayashida and Koizumi’s complete comments below.

Mr. Hayashida: I think that we’ve always wanted to focus on being able to see the other players around you. I always thought that was fun.

Mr. Koizumi: The first Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Entertainment System had two controllers, so you could play multiplayer with someone right next to you. I think that we wanted to accomplish the same kind of feeling in a 3D Mario game for the first time.

Mr. Hayashida: I’ve always really enjoyed playing games with my children. In Super Mario Galaxy, we had the “assist play mode” that was available, but this is the first time that we’ve implemented a real multiplayer where the second player is moving a character around on screen in a 3D Mario game. And so I’m really happily looking forward to the experience of playing that with my kids.

Mr. Koizumi: And now that Peach has been included, I’m also hoping that people will be able to play the game with their girlfriends. Perhaps some of their girlfriends will find Peach as a more appealing character to play – or your wife, of course.

http://nintendoeverything.com/125701/super-mario-3d-world-wont-have-online-multiplayer/#more-125701

When will we see Nintendo move with the times and add a real incentive to play this game? Just another reason at this stage I won't be buying this game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/125701/super-mario-3d-world-wont-have-online-multiplayer/#more-125701

When will we see Nintendo move with the times and add a real incentive to play this game? Just another reason at this stage I won't be buying this game.

Online mechanics are not as simple as many believe. There are reasons why this game, Pikmin 3 etc. are not online. It's just not as feasible.

Besides, local is better

Online mechanics are not as simple as many believe. There are reasons why this game, Pikmin 3 etc. are not online. It's just not as feasible.

Besides, local is better

Shetland_Pony_on_Belstone_Common,_Dartmoor.jpg

Yet somehow Sony and Microsoft manage it.

Shetland_Pony_on_Belstone_Common,_Dartmoor.jpg

Yet somehow Sony and Microsoft manage it.

Not at the level you desire.

Look at Pikmin, for just two player online, it'd have to track up to 200 individual Pikmin in realtime running independently, not to mention the enemies etc. That much data being transmitted and sent constantly will cause issues.

In this circumstance, the level of interactivity between the players, the environment and themselves would result in latency issues again. Most games, such as racers and first person shooters get over this through extrapolation to determine direction, speed etc. which is why if things are a bit laggy, you'll see people jump about. With games such as Mario, things need to be in severe real-time and even the slightest bit of latency would destroy the experience, and that is not what Nintendo wants people to see with their titles

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough first time around.

*image removed*

Edited by Ike
Inappropriate/Offensive image

Great. Now they need to stop this joke and make it into Mario Galaxy 3.

Oh, definitely.

Also, don't delude yourselves into thinking there are any technical limitations for this game being local offline, there aren't any. I'm as peeved as most of you about local multiplayer, but I'm not going to sit back and accept some complete nonsense about it not being possible online.

Anyone who honestly thinks that should take a look at the other online games companies are churning out these days. Those games are far, far, far more demanding than a fucking four player game of Mario.

Edited by Guy

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough first time around.

*nope*

Then let me be clear, if you can't have a proper discussion without resorting to posting images like these then don't bother.

Then let me be clear, if you can't have a proper discussion without resorting to posting images like these then don't bother.

O.K. Sorry, I thought I was being funny. It was a little extreme. Still, if that's the worst image you've ever seen then you've lived a very sheltered life and it was straight to the point.

Nintendos excuses for not having online is fucking pitiful. "We want it to be like the NES when people played next to each other" IT'S NOT 1986!!!!! Yes local is better, but why not have CHOICE? Just because we can play online, it's not going to stop us playing locally if we can, just means friends and families can play more often, it's only a GOOD thing, there's no negative to adding it.

What's more worrying is the game only having 8 directional control as has been reported today. Maybe the upscales 3ds rumours are quite true and confirms one of my biggest fears with the game, tout having the control of mario galaxy games...

Nintendo really do baffle m some times. I just don't know what goes thro their heads...

Nintendos excuses for not having online is fucking pitiful. "We want it to be like the NES when people played next to each other" IT'S NOT 1986!!!!! Yes local is better, but why not have CHOICE? Just because we can play online, it's not going to stop us playing locally if we can, just means friends and families can play more often, it's only a GOOD thing, there's no negative to adding it.

What's more worrying is the game only having 8 directional control as has been reported today. Maybe the upscales 3ds rumours are quite true and confirms one of my biggest fears with the game, tout having the control of mario galaxy games...

Nintendo really do baffle m some times. I just don't know what goes thro their heads...

True. It's like NintendoLand. I've not gone near it this year, if it had online I'd have so much more incentive to go back to it.