NEurope
Grazza

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

only one level to go on NeS Remix (the last bonus stupid thing), so I'll do that tonight too!!
You underestimate the 'last bonus stupid thing', especially if you're going for 3/Rainbow stars. ;):D

But anyway, nice one on getting DK. Enjoy! : peace:

"FUCKING GET IN THERE!!!!" :bouncy::yay:

I literally shouted that just now, having spent around 2 hours trying to beat your time on 1-1 @tapedeck. :laughing:

nhcY5Ow.jpg

This game + online leaderboards/replays = digital crack. :hehe:

And damn, you weren't kidding about the blisters. :heh:

Let's do this!

WotR72TT004.jpg

You underestimate the 'last bonus stupid thing', especially if you're going for 3/Rainbow stars. ;):D

But anyway, nice one on getting DK. Enjoy! : peace:

I don't underestimate it :) But I can get 3 stars on it surely quiet easily?! I have 3 stars on everything (not going for all rainbows, unless you get something)! I presume if I can make it all the way through without using a continue I'd get 3 stars!!

Do you get anything for 3 starring everything?!

And I can't pick up my donkey kong from the la post until tomorrow - ARGH!!!! I have tonight all by myself too. And I'm out tomorrow night!!! Bum...

Right. I'm having a day off tomorrow to play it :)

Let's do this!

WotR72TT004.jpg

Oh no! :shakehead

I'll never get to play the rest of the game if this continues. :heh:

I don't underestimate it :) But I can get 3 stars on it surely quiet easily?! I have 3 stars on everything (not going for all rainbows, unless you get something)! I presume if I can make it all the way through without using a continue I'd get 3 stars!!

Do you get anything for 3 starring everything?!

You don't get anything for all rainbow stars, no.

I can't remember now if that stage was annoying to get rainbow, or just to get the 3 stars, but it was certainly annoying and led to me posting this on Miiverse:

zlCfzRVtoHkd7o0tPA

:laughing:

Did you get rainbow stars for all the mini games?

Did you get rainbow stars for all the mini games?
I got them for 100 or so stages before learning that the reward for all rainbow stars was Sweet F.A. :heh: so I kind of lost the motivation at that point. ::shrug:

I got them for 100 or so stages before learning that the reward for all rainbow stars was Sweet F.A. :heh: so I kind of lost the motivation at that point. ::shrug:

I may just do that then, when I get back on it. I thought you got something for it. :(

We've gotta make that 3 months until MK8 fly over!

I should really do some time trials to destroy you all :p

Is that you...

in eighth?

nhcY5Ow.jpg

We've gotta make that 3 months until MK8 fly over!

Is that you...

in eighth?

nhcY5Ow.jpg

I did one to test the feature out. That's all :p

Keep hitting the 1'50 mark :( It really is a one mistake, one split second miscalculation and you're screwed for eternity situation

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Had a blast tonight...good lord! @RedShell

wiiu_screenshot_gamepxfsd7.jpg

This game is genius.

Has that EAD Jungle Beat flow about with pin-point precise controls. I even learnt new moves tonight - such as smashing barrels and not stopping your momentum as well as pulling items quicker. All of their buttons make sense too. Retro's control depth is perfectly done for time trial runs.

Edited by tapedeck

Had a blast tonight...good lord! @RedShell

wiiu_screenshot_gamepxfsd7.jpg

This game is genius.

Has that EAD Jungle Beat flow about with pin-point precise controls. I even learnt new moves tonight - such as smashing barrels and not stopping your momentum as well as pulling items quicker. All of their buttons make sense too. Retro's control depth is perfectly done for time trial runs.

7c4830ba69cc54158e921c11222c95b9.gif

Wow. That is insane. :o

Awesome stuff, tapedeck. icon14.gif

Damn, I gotta get back to that run then, as it's only a matter of time... :grin:

You're spot-on about the depth of the gameplay too, it's actually astonishing what can be done in Time Attack. Check out the world number 1 replay on 1-K, it's something else. :cool:

Edited by RedShell

OK, I checked out your replay @tapedeck and that was just too awesome not to do this:

It's a bit choppy in places, don't think my PC likes running 2 HD vids simultaneously. :heh:

We go both go in and out of the lead quite a bit throughout that run, you're leading right at the start (after the swimming part) and before the barrel blast section too. Think you might be on the final stretch as well, but then you make a mistake on the last spike pit! :shakehead

Check out the slowmo replay at the end of the vid though, you miss out by a frame... a single frame. :eek:

: peace:

That is preposterous.... You could see the point tape deck messed up, got stuck against that wall... How do you record those videos RedShell?!

Awesome, who needs Mario Kart TV?
Yeah, I'm planning to do league highlight vids again. ;)

Is it really simple to use?
Very. You just hook it up to PC via USB, open up the recording software and hit record.

The picture still passes through to your TV too, so you can game on there while it's recording/streaming. :awesome:

How much it cost you?
I got it on an Amazon flash sale, think it was £70. :blank:

They currently go for £115 though.

OK, I checked out your replay @tapedeck and that was just too awesome not to do this:

It's a bit choppy in places, don't think my PC likes running 2 HD vids simultaneously. :heh:

We go both go in and out of the lead quite a bit throughout that run, you're leading right at the start (after the swimming part) and before the barrel blast section too. Think you might be on the final stretch as well, but then you make a mistake on the last spike pit! :shakehead

Check out the slowmo replay at the end of the vid though, you miss out by a frame... a single frame. :eek:

Judging by the slow motion video, @tapedeck should have won, but it looks the goal barrel's collision box is wider than it is tall. Tapedeck crossed the invisible vertical line at the barrel's leftmost x-value first. Anyway, the game set the rules, so congratulations @RedShell!.

That's incredible. Thanks for making that and sharing @RedShell

The bit that drives me crazy (and sets me back every time) is the area with the huge tree and bounce onto the highest 'bush'. It never seems to work for me (have only pulled it off once) and so I have to go with the small bush bounce straight into the barrel. That costs me (on average) 2 seconds every time so I feel like I'm always making time up hah. Have tried so many times to get it pixel perfect. Also - the folk who are top (01:31-ish) seem to do it every time with minimal effort. I'll nail it eventually but for now it's damn frustrating.

Other than that, yeah at the end it got a bit frantic. There are moments where I was actually forgetting the buttons from it being so complex. :laughing:

@dazzybee I thought I was WAY out tbh. I thought RedShell had got 01:37 so when I had a look to check I just shook my head in bemusement.

Judging by the slow motion video, @tapedeck should have won, but it looks the goal barrel's collision box is wider than it is tall. Tapedeck crossed the invisible vertical line at the barrel's leftmost x-value first. Anyway, the game set the rules, so congratulations @RedShell!.
You're right, it does look like tapedeck's DK touches the barrel first! :o:

R5LFF5i.jpg

Mental. :woops:

That's incredible. Thanks for making that and sharing @RedShell

The bit that drives me crazy (and sets me back every time) is the area with the huge tree and bounce onto the highest 'bush'. It never seems to work for me (have only pulled it off once) and so I have to go with the small bush bounce straight into the barrel. That costs me (on average) 2 seconds every time so I feel like I'm always making time up hah. Have tried so many times to get it pixel perfect. Also - the folk who are top (01:31-ish) seem to do it every time with minimal effort. I'll nail it eventually but for now it's damn frustrating.

Other than that, yeah at the end it got a bit frantic. There are moments where I was actually forgetting the buttons from it being so complex. :laughing:

@dazzybee I thought I was WAY out tbh. I thought RedShell had got 01:37 so when I had a look to check I just shook my head in bemusement.

No probs, it had to be done. :)

As for the pogo jump up to that high ledge, it took me ages to get it right (still can't pull it of consistently) but I found that it helps to push the analog stick slightly to the right when approaching the edge. It kind of pushes DK/Cranky on to it. ;)

R5LFF5i.jpg

I found that it helps to push the analog stick slightly to the right when approaching the edge. It kind of pushes DK/Cranky on to it. ;)

That's not even insane. It's Ninsane. :eek:

Yeah, noticed that too, thanks. Everything in this is about consistency and nuance. Looking forward to taking it on again. Still can't believe how folk are getting to the 01:31 bracket. God-tier. Still, nice to be in the top 100 globally.

Still, nice to be in the top 100 globally.
Absolutely. Especially considering we're both over 30. :heh:

I bet everyone else in the top 100 is a teenager.

N-E Team Cranky, keeping the dream alive! :laughing:

Absolutely. Especially considering we're both over 30. :heh:

I bet everyone else in the top 100 is a teenager.

N-E Team Cranky, keeping the dream alive! :laughing:

Indeed!!

cranky_kong_04.png