NEurope
Grazza

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

The more I see of it the more I think that Nintendo could've handled this themselves and Retro could've done something big and ambitious. Something to really show the gamer what the WiiU can do!

Sure it'll be great, of course it will, but I just can't help that feeling!

Yeah I will say that if I didn't know I'd think this was a Wii game.

I genuinely can't see an improvement over the first game... which is very strange given Retro's ability to push a console. It feel like this was developed on Wii and ported over. You only have to look at Mario Karts levels to see the Wii U's potential.

They mention the fur effect... but that looks less remarkable than Mario Galaxy's to me.

Every time I see this title, it puts me in the mood for an iced slushie...

Now that David Wise is on board, Retro could go for it for real. If they ever make third DK platformer, they should ask Eveline Novakovic to do music for it, like she did for DKC3.

Or if they make 3D DK, asking Grant Kirkhope would be a natural choice. They probably won't continue with DK after this, given the amount of hate their choice of project has risen.

I was thinking of replaying the Wii version of returns as I never completed it with my gf or even picking up the 3DS version but after seeing this announced for November I am going to hold off I think.

I loved the first one, it was a great surprise for me gaming wise so I am looking forward to playing this one! :)

14 minutes of off-screen with decent music recording.

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

Me and my brother are using our evenings these days collecting puzzle pieces and KONG letters on Donkey Kong Country Returns, to prepare for Tropical Freeze. We completed all 'normal' levels in 2011, but could not find all the collectables and secret levels. We are both so excited for DKCTF!

Edited by are1981

I'm actually getting more and more excited for this game.

When I pick up a Wii U, possibly around Christmas time with a few games in anticipation for Mario Kart... this will definitely be one of them.

I love the idea of an even more refined and diverse DKCR... Perfection!

Also I think the Sea Pirate animal theme appeals to me a little more. Should be great! :)

Wouldn't mind it having that next-gen step up like Mario Kart mind you, but still... DKCR was very pretty! I wonder what little graphical wonders we'll be treated to this time round, like we had the little fiery cinders and heat in the lava levels, and the luscious grass throughout.

Edited by Retro_Link

DKCR is so hard! Finding all the puzzle pieces takes a lot practise on some levels, and a lot of time! Hope me and my brother find the time to finish it before DKCTF arrives!

Just bringing this over from the General Gaming Sales thread:

I can't believe that Redshell isn't interested in DKC Tropical Freeze though. I can understand someone being disappointed that Retro Studios wasn't working on an original game or that it doesn't seem to utilise the Gamepad in any significant way (I'd count myself amongst both these groups), but not interested in the game itself? Not even with underwater levels? Dixie Kong? Silly woshie swooshie 3D camera angles? MOTHER FUCKING DAVID WISE COMPOSING MUSIC!?

MiTcL.gif

I can't quite believe it myself! Not sure why either as I enjoyed DKCR on Wii. ::shrug: Well, apart from the waggle roll mechanic, that became infuriating. :mad:

To be honest, I'll probably end up buying this anyway. Once the release date approaches and there's more hype going down, it'll be difficult to ignore. That, and I'll be absolutely gagging for a new Wii U game by then! :laughing:

But at the moment... inexplicably... I'm just not feeling it. :hmm:

I em bying a wii u for dis gamez.

Looking forward to that Rez appeal on Miiverse. :blank::hug:

Hope David Wise has been listening to more Vangelis for this soundtrack.

I'm convinced he did that for a lot of DKC2...(sound familiar at 37secs?)

The Rare games were quite dark/creepy in places. Will be interesting to see where this goes from an audio perspective. Gameplay will already be joyous. Roll button will be there too. Ain't waggling that Gamepad to roll!

Who do we reckon is returning for the 3rd one? Kiddy Kong? It seems to be following a pattern of adding things back in from the SNES games (not that I mind). More animals, more kongs, more unique bonus rooms/secrets, and make one of those ice/snow levels Christmas themed, please. Also,let the 3rd game be "Donkey Kong Country: Return of the Kremlings".

Been enjoying the first one on 3DS, but don't like it as much as the SNES ones. There's like 4-5 bonus rooms just repeated through the whole game. And the one thing I ABSOLUTELY HATE is the time trials. The fact it probably counts to your score percentage pisses me off. I just hate time trials so much.My OCD is pushing me to do everything, but the thought I'll eventually have to do time trial makes me want to give up. PLEASE, tell me it's not that hard...?

I'm hearing rumours that this game has been delayed into 2014. Its listing has been removed from several sites including Amazon. It would be a shame as it's/was probably their best game this year. It would make some sense though and I can their logic with the rumoured NSMBU/NSLU bundle coming, Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost Worlds and even Rayman, all platformers competing against each other in the run up to Christmas. We'll see what comes of it because as I said it's just a rumour so far. Maybe they're worried about cannibalising each others sales. I don't think it's a good move if true.

Edited by Wii