NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

Art Academy

New art software:

* use pastels, pencils and coloured pencils

* use aspects of it on Miiverse

Edited by Grazza

If this has tutorials that can help a no-hoper like me draw something good, then I'm really thinking about giving this one a go. Thought the little we seen looked beautiful... Wack on some Bembeya African jazz and I'm away.

Zelda Art Academy competition:

[tweet]424213007477272576&tw[/tweet]

Anyone going to take part?

I haven't used Art Academy: SketchPad in quite a while, so this is a good excuse to use it again. :)

Only if they have a prize for worst drawing. I'm terrible, Leonardo Da Cringi. It's astounding what so many people do with this software.

I thought Art Aademy: Sketchpad was only supposed to be a taster of what the full software would be like when it eventually releases, are they now not going to release the fuller, expanded version?

I deliberately held off buying sketchpad for that reason, plus the fact that you can only save a few pictures at a time I heard... I'd quite like to be able to save limitless amounts as I have a hard drive for my Wii U.

Only if they have a prize for worst drawing. I'm terrible, Leonardo Da Cringi. It's astounding what so many people do with this software.
I'm not even sure if there's going to be a prize for the best drawing. :heh:

But yeah, there are some incredible artists on Miiverse, so it'll be cool to see what they come up with for this.

I thought Art Aademy: Sketchpad was only supposed to be a taster of what the full software would be like when it eventually releases, are they now not going to release the fuller, expanded version?

I deliberately held off buying sketchpad for that reason, plus the fact that you can only save a few pictures at a time I heard... I'd quite like to be able to save limitless amounts as I have a hard drive for my Wii U.

Yeah, apparently SketchPad was just a small portion of the full software. I've not heard anything about the full version though.

I imagine it's still on the way, but who knows. ::shrug:

The problem with SketchPad (like you mentioned) is the save limitation, it's only possible to save around 12 (I think) drawings at a time in the actual software. Obviously you can save as many as you like via Miiverse posts, but at a reduced resolution, plus you can't import those back into the software.

Well I'd be damned. It still exists

CFg87wsWYAET3LP.png

June 26th

Art Academy: Atelier comes to #WiiU on 26/06. Artists can even upload time-lapse videos of their work to YouTube!

Box-art:

CFhAVUpWIAA40Q_.jpg

Yes! :D

Finally... Day 1 purchase. :)

I'm sure @RedShell will be on this as well? ;)

I have the one on the 3DS, played it once, but really liked it. Tempted by this, if it was on my machine all the time I'd probably play it more!

I have the one on the 3DS, played it once, but really liked it. Tempted by this, if it was on my machine all the time I'd probably play it more!

Yeah... I decided to 'dazzybee' the 3DS Art Academy games as well, only got around to unsealing them recently for their Stars. ;)

But this one is on the Wii U, with more features than Sketchpad, plus presumably unlimited storage, and time lapse!

It has got to be worth it. :)

The time lapse is a fantastic idea, and being able to upload directly to Youtube is just brilliant.

It still exists!? Could've fooled me!

Hell this announcement is so ridiculously low key that I'm still not even sure if it actually exists :p

SHARE YOUR ARTISTIC CREATIONS ON YOUTUBE AS YOU LEARN TO DRAW AND PAINT WITH ART ACADEMY: ATELIER EXCLUSIVELY ON Wii U

With an extensive range of art materials and tools to choose from, anyone can become an artist with easy-to-follow lessons that teach you how to draw and paint

From 26th June, with Art Academy: Atelier the Wii U GamePad transforms into an artist’s canvas full of possibilities. The latest instalment in the popular educational software series offers 30 comprehensive lessons under the tutelage of a friendly master named Vince who takes you by the hand and offers information on concepts, theory and techniques. Artworks can be created from a wide variety of materials and tools, including charcoal for the first time in the series. The user can import and export images using an SD card, share their works via Miiverse, display them in a virtual in-game gallery and, in another first for the Art Academy series, upload time-lapse videos of their works being created to YouTube.

The Art Academy titles teach people drawing and painting skills on a touch screen that transfer to the real world - just follow the easy steps and create stunning masterpieces you might never have believed possible. Following the release of Wii U Download Software Art Academy: SketchPad – which offered budding artists a taster of the full experience – this new instalment offers a fully comprehensive drawing and painting package, with the stylus once again acting as your art material or tool and the Wii U GamePad touch screen as your canvas. By utilising the touch screen’s large surface as well as the ability to zoom in on specific areas of the touch screen, you can create highly detailed works. Gain inspiration from some of the artworks already created and shared by some Wii U users in the Art Academy: SketchPad Community on Miiverse.

Art Academy: Atelier offers a fun and interactive course of study called Lessons Mode where you follow step-by-step tutorials to learn drawing and painting techniques. The techniques handed down from your master Vince are categorised into groups called Beginner, Advanced and - a new category for Art Academy: Atelier - Tools, with the Lessons in each category increasing in complexity as you progress. By completing Lessons, you will become familiar with the reasoning behind the techniques and learn more about the masters of the craft. Of course the software can also be used to draw or paint freely thanks to the wide variety of available materials and tools.

Whether you have created fun doodles, work-in-progress artworks or finished masterpieces, you can show off your creative process by uploading a time-lapse video of the creation of your artworks to YouTube. Whether you set it to one, two or five minutes in length, the time-lapse video shows the process of creation from the first brush stroke to the last. You can also save your creations to an SD card to view on a computer, as well as view your work in a virtual Gallery. The Gallery also includes the Family Wall, where all household members linked to the same Wii U console can contribute their artistic touch to the same canvas.

You can share your creations via Miiverse, Nintendo’s network service that brings together like-minded communities from all over the world. Artwork created by others is sorted using predefined tags for easy searches and can be viewed without leaving the software. It can also be saved to the software or to an SD card for future use as a reference for your own work. What’s more it’s just a single button press away to access the Art Academy: Atelier Community online.

Art Academy: Atelier launches exclusively for Wii U on 26th June, offering a fun yet thorough course of study, a wide variety of materials from which to create, as well as multiple options for budding artists to share their works. Wii U owners who already purchased Art Academy: SketchPad from Nintendo eShop can upgrade to Art Academy: Atelier for a reduced price if they purchase it from Nintendo eShop.*

*Offer price: €26.00 (£21.40), regular price: €29.99 (£24.99). Art Academy: SketchPad must have been downloaded from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U before the purchase of Art Academy: Atelier.

Official site: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/artacademyatelier (not open yet)

Yes! :D

Finally... Day 1 purchase. :)

I'm sure @RedShell will be on this as well? ;)

I'll probably upgrade from SketchPad, yeah.

Wii U owners who already purchased Art Academy: SketchPad from Nintendo eShop can upgrade to Art Academy: Atelier for a reduced price if they purchase it from Nintendo eShop.*

*Offer price: €26.00 (£21.40), regular price: €29.99 (£24.99). Art Academy: SketchPad must have been downloaded from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U before the purchase of Art Academy: Atelier.

So they're basically just discounting the price we already paid for SketchPad. :heh:

Actually, does anyone remember exactly how much that was? Got a feeling it might have been more than £3.59.

Would've been nice if they made a slightly better deal for the early adopters, but oh well.

I'll probably upgrade from SketchPad, yeah.

So they're basically just discounting the price we already paid for SketchPad. :heh:

Actually, does anyone remember exactly how much that was? Got a feeling it might have been more than £3.59.

Would've been nice if they made a slightly better deal for the early adopters, but oh well.

I thought I seen either €2.99 or €3.99. I too thought the early adopters would get a better discount. Seems pretty pricy for an art app. Is there really so much more content to have a ten fold increase in the price?

Edit: The € price is €3.99.

I thought I seen either €2.99 or €3.99. I too thought the early adopters would get a better discount. Seems pretty pricy for an art app. Is there really so much more content to have a ten fold increase in the price?

Edit: The € price is €3.99.

Have you played an Art Academy title before? They're very in-depth.

To be honest, I imagine most people that are already really into SketchPad would be happy to pay that just for the increase to save capacity. :grin:

But yeah, all of the additions (especially the lessons though) justify the price I reckon.

Have you played an Art Academy title before? They're very in-depth.

Yes. I own Art Academy on the DS. It was fine yes with its tutorials but there weren't very many and there wasn't a whole lot to the title really. I think I paid either €25 or €30. I wouldn't be in a rush to do that again. The new thing for this one seems to be the stop motion animation feature. I'll see what else they show at E3 but no way am I paying €30 for a HD big screen canvas when I've the DS version and I think it's just not worth the upgrade.

The Youtube upload feature will be a nice addition. My drawing skills are atrocious though. It's like something out of playschool.

Edited by Wii

*Inspects box art*

There's no markers?

THERE'S NO MARKERS!?

Monitor-Throw-Maurice-Moss-The-IT-Crowd.gif

temper-tantrum-o.gif

I want markers! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!

This is single-handedly the greatest insult in the history of gaming!

Eff your HD tools!

Eff your stupid Youtube compatibility!

And eff your stoopid little charcoals!

NO BUY!

*Inspects box art*

There's no markers?

THERE'S NO MARKERS!?

temper-tantrum-o.gif

Eff your HD tools!

NO BUY!

Nowhere does it say no markers. Relax :p

Nowhere does it say no markers. Relax :p

There is not a single picture on that box art that is done with the marker tool!

And look at the bottom, I see pastels, paintbrush, charcoal(?), smudge stick, eraser and there's coloured pencils on the right hand side!

Not a single marker in sight!

I will not calm down!

furious-outraged-sick-with-anger-o.gif

When not even a Boo on the front cover can quell his fury, you KNOW that Nintendo messed up bad...

... They had better put out premium priced Marker DLC and a Marker Pen Amiibo to make up for this injustice or they can kiss their company goodbye! :p

*Inspects box art*

There's no markers?

THERE'S NO MARKERS!?

temper-tantrum-o.gif

Eff your HD tools!

NO BUY!

Of course there's no markers. It's PEGI 3 and it's Nintendo, they don't want the kids getting high.

scented-markers.jpg

What are markers?

Felt tips? You know.

They're in Pokemon Art Academy and allowed for a cartoony style that the other tools couldn't use.

Case in point...

yooka_by_glen_i-d8rs56w.png

I love the look it gave and am very upset that there's no sign of them.

Edited by Glen-i

Sign in to follow this