NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

To me, time trials was just an excuse to go exploring without negative conequences. The amount of time spent trollin' Peaches Castle and following the train on the 64. Good times.

Most people will defeat the Nintendo ghosts and then leave the mode there

I've been doing that since 64...

I think you might be the only one here who is annoyed by this.

I know I seem to be the only one who's irritated by this, but anyway. Here - http://nintendoreview.co.uk/2014/06/patch-it-mario-kart-8-time-trials/ if it irritates anyone else then tweet it to Nintendo :) And who're miiverse. I want my time trials back... :(

This is one of those things that typifies Nintendo. They get something so very right - ie Time Trials in Mario Kart Wii. I loved that mode and spent time sending ghosts back and forth with friends who would then try to beat them.

But it's like when Nintendo get something so right, rather than just copying it for the next instalment, they redesign the section from the ground up, wrecking it.

Several things that really annoy me with this game (which I really love by the way) are things like the lack of on screen map. The lack of times next to the racers names after the race so you can see how far ahead you were. They are only small things. But in an 8th edition of a game, they should be things that are there, almost the first things on the board when the design was being drawn up.

Weird. Because for a game that is so great, it's strange they overlooked the small things and decided to redesign the things they had already nailed in previous versions.

Sometimes I don't understand the Nintendo design philosophy at all.

I don't even bother with the time trials. Did two or three of them and then got bored and quit.

Can someone post me a picture of used Club Nintendo PIN code where both the 0 and O is used? I'm afraid I'll write the wrong code and not get the free game. It looks like an O but I want to be sure. We have special case of the promotion and I won't recieve an error if I write the wrong code.

They look exactly how you just typed them. 0 is thinner than O.

I know that, but I only have one of them in my code so I can't be 100% sure. I'd really like a comparison I can see. I really don't want to input the wrong code, I basically bought the Wii U for the freebie...

I have to thank @Blade profusely as I have received a copy of MK8 in the post today courtesy of him!

Thanks man, love ya!

Was playing this online before and having lots of fun. More fun when you're not gunning for three stars. :p

My thumb really hurts from keeping the gas pedal pressed. Them pro buttons are hard!

Did I spot a @Mr\-Paul before?

I have to thank @Blade profusely as I have received a copy of MK8 in the post today courtesy of him!

Thanks man, love ya!

No worries pal! Enjoy :D

Was playing this online before and having lots of fun. More fun when you're not gunning for three stars. :p

My thumb really hurts from keeping the gas pedal pressed. Them pro buttons are hard!

Did I spot a @Mr\-Paul before?

You did indeed!

Now I'm not one for voice chat, but it is annoying that you're unable to send an message to someone to let them know you're racing with them. Neither my mii name, nor my NNID (not that it shows it) reflect my forum name so when I join any of you guys, unless you learn to recognise my Mii, it could be any old Paul!

My name appeared as Sheikah, right? Can't you change the name you appear as to others to Mr Paul? You appeared as Paul to me, I recognised your Mii which was lucky.

Hey guys,

My order has just been shipped :D

ibdkSWs5w7xonb.gif

Share this moment with me as I'm sure none of you have the game yet!

In time for Thursday?

You did indeed!

Now I'm not one for voice chat, but it is annoying that you're unable to send an message to someone to let them know you're racing with them. Neither my mii name, nor my NNID (not that it shows it) reflect my forum name so when I join any of you guys, unless you learn to recognise my Mii, it could be any old Paul!

I recognised you, played against you a few times now.

Will have to look into the options. In a room with Serebii right now if anyone wants to join!

Thanks man, love ya!

How generous of you @Blade!

Did I mention that I can't afford a copy at the mo and am desperate to play it...;)

I so wish this had a proper Battle Mode, akin to the SNES and N64 MK's... I've just had a quick GP and can't be arsed carrying on. I definitely won't be joining the MK League. I'll still play it but not as much as most people do.

I know I seem to be the only one who's irritated by this, but anyway. Here - http://nintendoreview.co.uk/2014/06/patch-it-mario-kart-8-time-trials/ if it irritates anyone else then tweet it to Nintendo :) And who're miiverse. I want my time trials back... :(
I'm not really seeing the problem with TT, apart from the fact it's pretty bloody slow to load. But it does load (eventually :heh:) and gives you a lot of different ghost data to choose from:

3Vpufhi.jpg

::shrug:

I so wish this had a proper Battle Mode, akin to the SNES and N64 MK's... I've just had a quick GP and can't be arsed carrying on. I definitely won't be joining the MK League. I'll still play it but not as much as most people do.

I wish it had a decent battle mode too! Shame that you are not going to get into the racing. The track design, the graphics, music and all the freshness of the anti gravity is awesome!

Will have to look into the options. In a room with Serebii right now if anyone wants to join!

Some of our matches were absolute carnage lol

I really am the only one whol likes battle mode :)

I'm not really seeing the problem with TT, apart from the fact it's pretty bloody slow to load. But it does load (eventually :heh:) and gives you a lot of different ghost data to choose from:

3Vpufhi.jpg

::shrug:

I left mine on for ages and it just never showed up!

This game is a total joke online. It is an absolute mess.

After the excellent Wii version this is a real step backward. I know there's a lack of voice chat, which is a total farce in this day and age - but that is the least of the problems.

I just played three races waiting for Blade to join me. He sat patiently waiting, because the system is retarded you can't buddy up before a race and go into a race together, you have to search for a player already in a race. This means one person has to start racing and the other has to then join that player and hope a spot opens up so you can play together. So after watching three races it finally let him join - then communication error.

It's an absolute farce! This is meant to be Nintendo's big one, the game that could save the Wii U - and it's online component is so laughably broken and behind the times it is unreal. The worst thing is, it's actually a step back from the Wii version.

I am totally bemused at the omissions in this game, from the lack of mini-map, to the broken online, to the removal of a proper battle mode to the complete ruination of the time trials - what the hell are Nintendo playing at?

To be honest, when Nintendo drop the ball like this, it's no wonder they are in the situation they are with the Wii U.

I totally agree.

With the shite that is Mario Kart 8's online mode I reckon voice chat is the least of their worries!

What a load of bollocks.

This game is a total joke online. It is an absolute mess.

After the excellent Wii version this is a real step backward. I know there's a lack of voice chat, which is a total farce in this day and age - but that is the least of the problems.

I just played three races waiting for Blade to join me. He sat patiently waiting, because the system is retarded you can't buddy up before a race and go into a race together, you have to search for a player already in a race. This means one person has to start racing and the other has to then join that player and hope a spot opens up so you can play together. So after watching three races it finally let him join - then communication error.

It's an absolute farce! This is meant to be Nintendo's big one, the game that could save the Wii U - and it's online component is so laughably broken and behind the times it is unreal. The worst thing is, it's actually a step back from the Wii version.

I am totally bemused at the omissions in this game, from the lack of mini-map, to the broken online, to the removal of a proper battle mode to the complete ruination of the time trials - what the hell are Nintendo playing at?

To be honest, when Nintendo drop the ball like this, it's no wonder they are in the situation they are with the Wii U.

Dear lord, don't you think you're exaggerating the issues a bit? The online isn't broken, the battle mode is proper (just doesn't have arenas) and the mini-map does exist.

Dear lord, don't you think you're exaggerating the issues a bit? The online isn't broken, the battle mode is proper (just doesn't have arenas) and the mini-map does exist.

There is nothing to exaggerate.

It is crap.

There is nothing to exaggerate.

It is crap.

If it was broken, then it'd be disconnecting left, right & centre; you couldn't match up with friends or have any option in what you do; have lag up the wazoo. That's a broken online. This is not.

Here you have friend lobbies, ability to set whatever you want, tournament options, ability to join friends in race, rankings etc. Yes, it would have been nice to be able to buddy up and then go on global, but I can overlook that because everything else works so well. I have no issues with the online and have spent many hours on it already.