NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Completely stolen from Neogaf, but can't stop laughing at this.

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Played a bit more of 50CC, it was amazing! I love thwomp ruins so much, the music is super nice too! The only thing that's bugging me a bit so far is the character roster, but it's not a major issue at all.

150cc 3 stars is finally done! I'm so relieved.

Ive had the Special Cup & Lightning Cup to finish since yesterday afternoon but constantly got screwed over. I woke up this morning and tried again, doing the Special Cup straight away. The lightning one though...

I reached Rainbow Road twice in a row, only get pelted with everything under the sun on the final section. On my third attempt I was second with a couple of corners to go and one item box left to hit. It all came down to whatever the game gave me and luckily it was a red shell. Waluigi was a fair ways ahead but I fired it anyway, scored the hit, caught up with him and we passed the finish line side by side. I got the win and my final 3 stars on 150cc.

It was so intense. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking like hell. They are still shaking now. This can't be good for you. :D

There's simply no other game that can do this to me. It fills me with a sense of pure hatred, then switches to absolutely joy. From raging after getting screwed over left and right by the AI, to feeling an immense sense of satisfaction of the victory.

Crazy game.:bowdown:

150cc 3 stars is finally done! I'm so relieved.

Ive had the Special Cup & Lightning Cup to finish since yesterday afternoon but constantly got screwed over. I woke up this morning and tried again, doing the Special Cup straight away. The lightning one though...

I reached Rainbow Road twice in a row, only get pelted with everything under the sun on the final section. On my third attempt I was second with a couple of corners to go and one item box left to hit. It all came down to whatever the game gave me and luckily it was a red shell. Waluigi was a fair ways ahead but I fired it anyway, scored the hit, caught up with him and we passed the finish line side by side. I got the win and my final 3 stars on 150cc.

It was so intense. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking like hell. They are still shaking now. This can't be good for you. :D

There's simply no other game that can do this to me. It fills me with a sense of pure hatred, then switches to absolutely joy. From raging after getting screwed over left and right by the AI, to feeling an immense sense of satisfaction of the victory.

Crazy game.:bowdown:

Special Cup and Lightning Cup are the ones that screw me over, too... well, and Leaf Cup

Started running through the offline cups last night. Kinda like the random character unlocks to add a bit of a surprise into the process.

Special Cup and Lightning Cup are the ones that screw me over, too... well, and Leaf Cup

Yeah, just seemed like the game didn't want me to get the stars on either of those cups. The others weren't that bad but on these the AI had new levels of douche baggery.

So yeah, my Pro Controller definitely didn't like the marathon MK8 session I've had this weekend, the left analog stick is now messed up. :(

I started noticing that my kart would occasionally move to the side even though I wasn't trying to turn. It's absolutely fine when there's no input at all, but the slightest movement in any direction causes it to move left by itself.

Tested it on the Wii U menu with the cursor too, if I push up (even slightly) the cursor starts drifting to the left. :indeed:

So I've now switched to the GamePad, not as comfy to hold, but at least I have precise control again.

Might open up the Pro Controller soon, see if I can tinker with it. :hmm:

This happened to my GamePad, only it drifted upwards. Seemed to rectify itself after a few days, that was a few months back now

and no further problems. I put it dwn to dust or a hair or something being introduced into the mechanism????

C'maan. Admit you threw it after being hit by a blue shell on the last stretch of a 150cc 3 star run. :D

Just had an epic race on 150cc Piranha Plant Pipeway - stole the win right on the line. Unfortunately got screwed over on the last corner of Rainbow Road costing me my stars :(.

MKTV footage:

Sorry @lostmario I'm not one for the league... I'll see if I can join in every now and again though.

I won't forget this... :blank:

I'd like to join the league, but I would only be able to do one Thursday out of every two; joining fortnightly...

Not a problem, declare you are in when you can make it.

Having a break from MK this morning, this afternoon I'm going to beat the last 12 ghosts then unlock all the character stamps then its time to focus on increasing my online ranking.

I won't forget this... :blank:

Not a problem, declare you are in when you can make it.

Having a break from MK this morning, this afternoon I'm going to beat the last 12 ghosts then unlock all the character stamps then its time to focus on increasing my online ranking.

Cool. Well I'll be able to make it in this Thursday at least :)

Cool. Well I'll be able to make it in this Thursday at least :)

Be sure to post that in the league thread. :)

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to check my coin total. That sucks. Gonna be a pain not knowing how far I'm off getting the final gold part.

Amazing that some people already 100% this game so quick!

I doubt I will TBH. The last golden part requires 10,000 coins and seeing as I can't actually track how many I have, and don't really care for the online, I could be pretty much done with the game now.

I've got Minish Cap sitting waiting for me.

I doubt I will TBH. The last golden part requires 10,000 coins and seeing as I can't actually track how many I have, and don't really care for the online, I could be pretty much done with the game now.

I've got Minish Cap sitting waiting for me.

hehehehehe_duck.gif

EIGHT ITEM HERO! COME AT ME BRO! NE'ER HAS YOU SEEN SUCH A SKILL SHOWCASE!

I meant to use the invincibility, but went too late/early and accidentally threw a bomb in front of my own path...knew the only chance of survival was using invincibility but had to wait until it was the item that rotated in front of me, which seemed to happen at the very last second.....

....Just a shame that MKTV is so fucking shit.

I was enjoying this game... until I started 150cc...

Fuck meeeee!

In first allll the way. Last lap, final stretch, blue shell, green shell, another green shell. Twatted out the way by Bowser... aaaand finished 11th.

Such a cruel cruel game. :(

Who have you lot been playing as then? Your usual character choice? Or finding yourself someone else to play as?!

Fuck meeeee!

In first allll the way. Last lap, final stretch, blue shell, green shell, another green shell. Twatted out the way by Bowser... aaaand finished 11th.

Who have you lot been playing as then? Your usual character choice? Or finding yourself someone else to play as?!

Been testing all out but think I'm settled on Larry

Fuck meeeee!

Let the pain and general unfairness commence!

Team Toad here. Used him ever since the original game and although I get barged out the way a lot, I wouldn't change him for anything. :heart: