NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Always find it weird how people order from anywhere other than Shopto. If you want it on release so badly, there's only one option.

Mine hasn't arrived.

CHUFFING FUMING!!!!

Fuck me.

Refer to my earlier post. Some are getting given download codes

Got an email from Nintendo with download code and also to guarantee delivery before noon tomorrow.

Refer to my earlier post. Some are getting given download codes

YES!! Just checked me emails and I have a download code!! Disaster averted!!

@Serebii you are awesome!!

Also, does this mean that I will have two versions of the game? I could get rid of the physical copy no?

Wait, what? They are giving out DL codes? I've not had any emails or texts from them.

Also, does this mean that I will have two versions of the game? I could get rid of the physical copy no?

i was sorely tempted to sell the download code, but when push came to shove just wanted to play the game straight away. However, will probably sell the game when it arrives, so MK8 and Sonic Olympics for absolutely nothing. It's their own fault for fucking up the deliveries

Fair play to Nintendo for the download codes thing. That is a surprisingly decent resolution for people who got screwed over on late delivery. I'm impressed.

My limited edition didn't arrive from the Nintendo official UK store today either (not that I noticed ;)) and I've also been sent a download code! :awesome:

This time tomorrow I'll have 3 copies of Mario Kart 8! :heh:

Anyway, I think that was a brilliant move by the official UK store, good customer service that definitely get's them some brownie points with me. :bowdown:

Nintendo Store buyers!

Use the second (third in some cases :heh:) Club Nintendo code to create a new account and claim another FREE game too!

Don't forget to link your current CN account with your NNID before downloading the game, if you haven't done so yet.

Use the second (third in some cases :heh:) Club Nintendo code to create a new account and claim another FREE game too!
LOL.

Can you then use all of those codes on the same Wii U though? Or would it also require setting up 3 different NNIDs? :hmm:

LOL.

Can you then use all of those codes on the same Wii U though? Or would it also require setting up 3 different NNIDs? :hmm:

Yep - codes are not unique to a NNID. :)

Fuck me are they mental?

Also, am I the only one who quite likes battle mode? As a cod style death match it's fun. Arenas and last man standing would make it incredible, but for what it is I quite like it. Way better than I thought it would be.

Yep - codes are not unique to a NNID. :)
I'm gonna need to get a hard drive. :heh:

Why did mine have to turn up? :( I don't even need it it's my extra copy!

Oh yeah, can I just thank everyone who input into the MH3 vs NSMBU question earlier. I just went back and read all the comments and they were very helpful. Great community. Winning post was this, which made me spit peas from my mouth.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

Pro

- Nothing

Con

- If you buy this game you've made the wrong decision

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Pro

- Everything

Con

- If you don't buy this game...I'll let you guess the end of this sentence.

In regards to Mario Kart 8 - the fluidity of the tracks, gradients and smoothness....levels etc....all of these are the next step in Mario Kart, and just like powersliding, vehicle customisation and parasails that came before them, it seems like an evolution for Mario Kart, and one that can no longer be shed.

I don't word myself well but what I mean is - if this kind of thing doesn't continue into the franchie's future it will be a sad thing.

Going to play more tonight.

I am a little concerned I haven't unlocked Diddy Kong yet....

Saw this and thought of you hah...

Bbaahahahahaha. I love it tapedeck!! :hug:

Made me lol. :laughing:

Having way too much fun with this! Awfully hard to resist online mode until I unlock Mii!

Is Waaaaaaluigi in the roster from the start?

Nintendo Store buyers!

Don't forget to link your current CN account with your NNID before downloading the game, if you haven't done so yet.

Bit cheeky. Poor Nintendo, losing money like that. We can blame this for their Q1 loss in FY3/2015 :p

Is Waaaaaaluigi in the roster from the start?

He is!

And after all my pink gold peach chat, it's waluigi i've enjoyed using the most so far?!

I am going through all the characters to test them out but some of the lighter characters feel a bit slippy.

They should have done like a time limited 2 day download or something. Happy for everyone that got the full download free though and definitely encourage them to grab all the free games they can.

Can you still do the stunts as you go off a ramp for a speed boost?

Yes, but cars have stunts as well. They all give a speed boost. Someone mentioned that bikes are easier to turn, but are slower.

Picked this up from GAME earlier, very nearly was given the standard edition. Had to point out i had an order for the Blue Shell edition. First race i had, was hit by the Blue Shell. Found a solution to that.

10402440_536324239810001_1402621174663627541_n.jpg

Did all the 50cc cups earlier, nice choice of tracks on the retro courses. Bit disappointed in the lack of GBA tracks, but it's all good none the less. Only used the standard kart so far, standard parts etc. This is one fine game, easily the best in the Mario Kart series. And one game that will keep bringing me back for more.

no physical version, no email download code :blank:

Ike, did you get one in the end?? what time were the emails sent??

Edited by Pestneb