NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I've been thinking about it, based on what I've read, and I'm convinced that all the Mario Kart 8 trailers were made using this feature.

It's a fair shout and it wouldn't surprise me.

Man, I've watched the trailer far too many times now and each time it brings a massive smile to my face. When the Rainbow Road music hits....Dem feels. Last trailer to make me feel like this was the Smash Bros Megaman reveal, which I still watch at least once a month. :D

Anyone else heard/read about certain tracks using live music?

The trailers definitely use the replay / MKTV footage but I still think the regular behind-kart camera angle shows off the game at it's best. At least in terms of the visuals.

Anyone else heard/read about certain tracks using live music?
Yep, incredibly awesome stuff. icon14.gif

It can be heard throughout the new trailer:

:love:

Looking forward to hearing clean versions of all the music once the game is out or the OST is released.

Yeah the game has been confirmed to have live recorded music.

As for Mario kart tv, I've read that you can edit your own videos, also read that hero quoted you give is broad instructions... I don't think anyone knows yet, but hopefully you have 3 options - it does it auto, you can give it basic parameters, and full on video editing mode.

And Nintendo, don't make this miiverse only. You will have millions of people advertising this game for you on a daily a basis if you allow for social network sharing. It will be the biggest, broadest, most successful advertising campaign you could ever wish for, and it'll be free. Don't turn your nose up at it!

Oh this is promising. I load up a Youtube video and the advert is for Mario Kart 8. Good work, Nintendo.

Time for another super sexy gif:

lEDQZPK.gif
Oh this is promising. I load up a Youtube video and the advert is for Mario Kart 8. Good work, Nintendo.

*disables adblock*

Your right! Excellent. :awesome:

*enables adblock*

Oh. :heh:

Better than no advertising at all though.

That will probably be running on TV soon anyway, and I'm guessing they'll do a trailer to show in cinemas at some point as well.

I might actually go see a film just to see MK8 on the big screen for a few seconds! :laughing:

Time for another super sexy gif:
lEDQZPK.gif

Haha! The way he looks at the camera is begging for a "Deal With It, Bitches" slogan.

Goty by the looks of it ;)

Someone hasn't seen Goat Simulator yet.

I'm trying to not spoil as much to myself as i need be. I don't know what all the tracks* are, and i don't want to know (at the moment at least, i think i can wait until i play the game to find out which tracks made the cut). But the more i look at the trailers, the more i want this now. We know what Nintendo can do with the power of their consoles, this is another example of such.

*I know of a few already

Yeah I'm not looking at the tracks that much either. Trailers are fine, but I have no need to see what every single damn track looks like from start to finish, total spoiler overkill...

Yeah I'm not looking at the tracks that much either. Trailers are fine, but I have no need to see what every single damn track looks like from start to finish, total spoiler overkill...

I don't mind at all knowing all the characters you can play as in-game, that part doesn't bother me at all. Like yourself, i don't want to know the tracks. Especially the retro tracks, i like that part to remain spoiler-free in my mind. I like to be able to find out what classic tracks i can replay in each incarnation.

This looks seriously brilliant. Probably will be getting a WiiU/MK pack as a late birthday present to myself.

Really hoping we see either Wario's Colosseum and/or Yoshi Circuit from Double Dash :)

^ Ahhh... all the highs and lows of Mario Kart captured perfectly in a GIF lasting less than 20 seconds, glorious! :D

Mario's reaction to getting Green-Shelled right near the end is priceless. :)

Yoshi circuit is probably my all time favourite time trial track. And baby park ride probably the most fun track. Would love both... I want every single track ever created to be honest. Especially with as much love these retro tracks are getting. Give us dlc Nintendo!

Mario was a noob that's why he lost in that gif on moo moo, he wasted 2 shells and had no protection

Has the cloud been spotted yet ? It's a great weapon.

Mario was a noob that's why he lost in that gif on moo moo, he wasted 2 shells and had no protection...

2 shells?

He actually only had 1. You can no longer hold an item behind you and store another item from question blocks in reserve. Even whilst holding an item for protection, that item still shows in your "inventory" as it were.

Edited by Kav

I haven't been keeping up with this much since the E3 trailer but I just watched the latest one, along with the amazing GIFS of Moo Moo Meadows in this thread, and I'm blown away.

That Rainbow Road, that awesome music. This is the first time since Mario Kart DS that I've been this excited for an MK title two months before release - and back then I had the excuse of being a 15 year old Nintendo fanboy with no friends :p