NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

They should be sponsoring the F1! :heh:

SEGA actually sponsored a F1 race here in Britain a few years back! There were huge Sega banners everywhere and a life size Sonic The Hedgehog who took pictures with the drivers before the race. In fact, I'm pretty sure the winners trophy had a big Sonic logo on it too :)

Here it is! http://blog.gamefreaks.co.nz/post/12255001420/senna-sonic :bowdown:

21 years ago is a few more "years back" than I was expecting.

21 years ago is a few more "years back" than I was expecting.

Now you mention it, that makes me feel proper old :(

Edit. Just noticed that the Monaco GP is on the 25th May, although I'm not sure they could afford to sponsor that....!

Now you mention it, that makes me feel proper old :(

Edit. Just noticed that the Monaco GP is on the 25th May, although I'm not sure they could afford to sponsor that....!

What they should do though is get some Mario themed Go-Karts down there when the track is free like when Top Gear did that city car feature last(?) year :)

Get the BBC/Sky presenters driving them for a feature on the coverage.

In reference to Mario Kart...

oHxOG4w.jpg

Hype is intensifying on NeoGaf. :heh:

I wonder what this is then...

New info/trailer?

MK8 Direct?

Early eShop release? :laughing:

Anyway, if it is to do with MK8 then bring it on! :bouncy:

Hype is intensifying on NeoGaf. :heh:

I wonder what this is then...

New info/trailer?

MK8 Direct?

Early eShop release? :laughing:

Anyway, if it is to do with MK8 then bring it on! :bouncy:

People are going to be disappointed...

People are going to be disappointed...
Nothing new there. :hehe:

*EDIT*

Wow. :o

MK7-noscale.jpg

Edited by RedShell

There is a new "features" trailer, but it just shows tracks and items.

OH MY GOD! :eek:

The visuals in MK8 are just something else. :awesome: Nintendo are embarrassing a lot of 3rd party devs with this. ;)

ALL THE WANT. That looks amazing
Are you disappointed? 'Cos I sure as hell ain't. :D

There is a new "features" trailer, but it just shows tracks and items.

Because tracks and items are features...

Loving the fact that they have stopped item storing. It will make the game a little more about the actual racing rather than the items used.

Loving the fact that they have stopped item storing. It will make the game a little more about the actual racing rather than the items used.
Yeah, like SMK. :awesome:

They even got the coin item in there. :love:

Not sure how much more of this I can take. And there's still 56 days to go. :shakehead

Are Nintendo planning on spoiling everything about this game before it gets released? :mad:

Not liking this recent trend of theirs... Not gonna watch the trailer, so that I at least have SOME surprises outside of Mario Kart TV to look forward to...

elispp.gif

Nintendo wins all

This is too much...

Donut Plains 3 from SMK. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Not liking this recent trend of theirs... Not gonna watch the trailer, so that I at least have SOME surprises outside of Mario Kart TV to look forward to...
There's still going to be surprises, but you're right, they're showing a lot. :blank:

They did the same with SM3DW, it appears to be their new thing. Perhaps because of the situation with Wii U, they feel they need to showcase more from upcoming games. ::shrug:

This puts everything else out there that other devs are showing off to shame - it looks incredible. I literally cannot wait for this game!

The thing with Nintendo is that, typically (excluding Brawl), they keep the awesome and imaginative stuff under wraps until launch. However, like @RedShell said, they need to entice people now, so they're showing more of the cool stuff off beforehand.

This is quite common in the industry these days.

Are Nintendo planning on spoiling everything about this game before it gets released? :mad:

They seem to be determined not to "spoil" the game modes and online stuff. My pre-order still hasn't been placed due to that. I don't care about the tracks and items until I know I'll be spending plenty of time about the game, so all this update seems to have brought for me is that they're nerfing defending from items, which sounds like a poor choice.

The visuals look fantastic! I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Mariokart game!

Surely you can't be spoiled in a game like Mario Kart. Knowing what the roster, items & tracks are before it's released won't take away from the enjoyment.