NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Is it not best that we have some surprise left? I dislike how people expect everything to be revealed prior to launch. Leaves us with Smash Bros Brawl level disappointments.

While I don't think you can apply this to MK, I do agree that Smash didn't need this. I think they are treating smash info as a commodity to appease fans instead of giving new information on games and the like.

While I don't think you can apply this to MK, I do agree that Smash didn't need this. I think they are treating smash info as a commodity to appease fans instead of giving new information on games and the like.

Ridiculous, they did this the last time, it's just what they do... You genuinely believe they're thinking, give them smash info every day so we don't have to talk about anything else?

As for mario kart. Sometching is definitely going on this week, I have a feeling a direct. Game explain said they'll have hands on and news this week as all the press have played it (same time as golf) and then the tweet got deleted!

Edited by dazzybee

Ninty were also criticised of drifting from their core audience with the Wii, so them doing it last time did indeed feel similarly motivated. It's just more apparent here since there's so little into being revealed, yet Smash stuff all the time. To say Smash reveals aren't at least in part to give the impression that 'stuff be coming' is a little naïve. Remember the Little Mac reveal when we were all hoping for games?

Ninty were also criticised of drifting from their core audience with the Wii, so them doing it last time did indeed feel similarly motivated. It's just more apparent here since there's so little into being revealed, yet Smash stuff all the time. To say Smash reveals aren't at least in part to give the impression that 'stuff be coming' is a little naïve. Remember the Little Mac reveal when we were all hoping for games?

I just think you're being incredibly cynical and don't see where you're coming from at all, I don't think, in any way, NIntendo think releasing smash info every day is because they don't have anything else to tell us... it's just bizarre you think this!!

And announcing Little Mac when we were expecting games... what are you talking about?! They announce a smash character in their directs, it's what they do, everyone was fully expecting a smash character announcement...

Nintendo do a lot of bad stuff that deserves to be critisised, but this is just weird slagging...

I don't think, in any way, NIntendo think releasing smash info every day is because they don't have anything else to tell us... it's just bizarre you think this!!

I'm going to save time and energy and simply issue a 'no' to everything in your post. There's only so many times you can the same conversation with particularly closed-minded people.

I'm going to save time and energy and simply issue a 'no' to everything in your post. There's only so many times you can the same conversation with particularly closed-minded people.

I know... But I do try and open your mind up a little, but maybe you're right, pointless. Maybe one day someone will be more successful than me!

Good lord, the thought of you trying to open up somebody's mind. Brain fart.

So back to the game, rumours yesterday of someone confirming 4 player GP races. Initially I thought great news (didn't they take OUT 2 player GP's on the Wii?!)... then I thought why not 5 players like Sonic?! Then I thought when are 5 people going to play together to complete GP's... and then I thought surely we should be able to play GP's online! Be nice to complete the GP's with friends online!!

Oh you two :p just get a room and get this tension over and done with.

I know, we could get a room with a TV and a PS4 hooked up, since that's where nearly all the games that'll be worth playing in the next few years will be. Amirite?

You know it makes sense dazzy.

I know, we could get a room with a TV and a PS4 hooked up, since that's where nearly all the games that'll be worth playing in the next few years will be. Amirite?

You know it makes sense dazzy.

Can you even play on the PS4 multiplayer locally?! If we're going to get a room then Nintendo are the kings of local play! :D

Anyone else think that Nintendo are leaving it a little late to start showing and advertising this? Sony were showing off Infamous at the end of last year and started advertising really early, the same goes for Microsoft and Titanfall. They should be generating hype and getting people talking about the game. Now's not the time for their usual secrecy tactics.

Yeah seriously! I mean they already have the perfect advert...

25 seconds long, teases the game, builds hype and has a little extra something thrown in to get people excited about pre-ordering!

Anyone else think that Nintendo are leaving it a little late to start showing and advertising this? Sony were showing off Infamous at the end of last year and started advertising really early, the same goes for Microsoft and Titanfall. They should be generating hype and getting people talking about the game. Now's not the time for their usual secrecy tactics.

Not at all. Two months before it is a bit ridiculously early to start advertising it. Advertising for games typically doesn't begin until around four weeks before the launch of a game, usually less. infamous and Titanfall were exceptions because both Sony and Microsoft had nothing between launch and those games. Though, to be fair, Nintendo have had nothing since Donkey Kong Country.

If it hits early May and we still have seen nothing, then we'd have a point.

I think there's ages to go :) Nintendo direct this week. Start advertising it in may. A monk rad up is more than fine. I actually think they'll do quite a bit with it to be honest. Still think a £200 Wii u bundle with mario kart at Christmas would do crazy business!

Why not advertise it now and have people buying the console already in advance? Better to have them purchasing other games/VC titles before Mario Kart, than have them buy it with Mario Kart and then use it just for that.

Also give people time to save up.

Edited by Retro_Link

It's been in plenty of Directs already.

There's the Super Mario Kart promo currently running.

The Limited Edition.

Posting track details on Twitter.

It's not like they've done nothing. But it would be pretty painful for them to start advertising 2 months in advance considering there isn't much else at the moment. Some confirmation of games modes/online would indeed be nice however so we can spend the next 2 months complaining.

Nintendo direct this week

Is that a wild guess or actually confirmed? :)

Anyways I can't wait for this game. I'm pretty sure almost any WiiU owner will pick up this game (I mean what else will we play haha). I'm really curious about what they aren't telling. It seems so little information for such a big release. I just don't hope it ends up being a very limited package like MK7.

It's been in plenty of Directs already.

There's the Super Mario Kart promo currently running.

The Limited Edition.

Posting track details on Twitter.

It's not like they've done nothing. But it would be pretty painful for them to start advertising 2 months in advance considering there isn't much else at the moment. Some confirmation of games modes/online would indeed be nice however so we can spend the next 2 months complaining.

How are the average consumer meant to know about any of this?

And if the average consumer picked up the console now, they'd have plenty of games available to them.

And if the average consumer picked up the console now, they'd have plenty of games available to them.

Press release sent out to anywhere that covers games in any sense. I saw reports on a couple of relatively mainstream sites.

Press release sent out to anywhere that covers games in any sense. I saw reports on a couple of relatively mainstream sites.
The fuck? I mean mum's and kids watching TV or going out shopping/to the cinema.

You know... for me mario kart is more than enough for the next few months. I'm actually considering not getting mk8 on release, but we'll see how that goes.

If the d/l version was a small enough file size, and £39.99 or less, I would probably d/l it to take advantage of the smk offer... as that is fairly unlikely I think I'll wait a bit. A mate of mine is talking about getting a Wii U and mk8, so I may just play on his machine :D

The fuck? I mean mum's and kids watching TV or going out shopping/to the cinema.

For those, sending out adverts 2 months ahead of time very rarely happens

It's not completely out of the realms of possibility they could find out about the game from one of those. They often get re-reported by other places.

Store specific preorder bonuses are available from 2 specific retailers that were obviously aimed at that target demographic.

Personally I don't think the average consumer would buy the console 2 months in advance. It could happen, sure, but I think people are more likely to wait. I'm not in marketing though.

I only wanted to point out what Nintendo have been doing. :cry: