NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Arrgghh! Now I'm even more confused! :D

Considering the staff think that the game has already been released, definitely a mistake on the system and the staff have just gone from that instead of actually looking into it.

Considering the staff think that the game has already been released, definitely a mistake on the system and the staff have just gone from that instead of actually looking into it.

I thought that also, until I saw the post that had The Hut change it, but it has now changed back.

I'm suspicious and hopeful.

I thought that also, until I saw the post that had The Hut change it, but it has now changed back.

The Hut only sell in the UK, right?

The 18th is Good Friday. Releasing a game on that day would be problematic.

Doesn't sound logical to me, most likely a mistake on whomevers responsible for setting release dates up on-sites.

The Hut only sell in the UK, right?

The 18th is Good Friday. Releasing a game on that day would be problematic.

They deliver worldwide, it's their sister company Zavvii that only deal within the UK.

Apparently GameXplain tweeted yesterday that we would be getting a bunch of Mario Kart info next week. The tweet mysteriously disappeared not long after it was posted. Mario Kart ND next week?

Apparently GameXplain tweeted yesterday that we would be getting a bunch of Mario Kart info next week. The tweet mysteriously disappeared not long after it was posted. Mario Kart ND next week?

haha. "by the way, those of you wanting to download your copy of mariokart can do so now"

I'm hoping they will let us know how large the download will be, and how expensive. I'm torn between the t-shirt/disc direct from nintendo and simple pre-order. If the download is less than £40 and a reasonable file size it will make my choice an easy one.. I'm thinking I may go for the t-shirt though.

haha. "by the way, those of you wanting to download your copy of mariokart can do so now"

I'm hoping they will let us know how large the download will be, and how expensive. I'm torn between the t-shirt/disc direct from nintendo and simple pre-order. If the download is less than £40 and a reasonable file size it will make my choice an easy one.. I'm thinking I may go for the t-shirt though.

I'm sure most eShop games start off at RRP. The RRP for Mario Kart 8 is 49.99 UK pounds. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm not sure whether it's charmingly optimistic or blindingly naive to think Nintendo would release a game early :p

You can get it a bit cheaper if you buy Super Mario kart on the VC. Although works out better if you had already bought it on the Wii VC and upgrade. GAME should sell the download code a bit cheaper. They are usually priced on par with the retail disk (so most likely £39.99).

You can get it a bit cheaper if you buy Super Mario kart on the VC. Although works out better if you had already bought it on the Wii VC and upgrade. GAME should sell the download code a bit cheaper. They are usually priced on par with the retail disk (so most likely £39.99).

I'm hoping this isn't what Iwata was on about when talking about deals and the like during the investors meeting. I always go retail when I can and it'll be a shame if those, who are like myself and prefer boxed goods, get the raw end of the deal.

I'm hoping this isn't what Iwata was on about when talking about deals and the like during the investors meeting. I always go retail when I can and it'll be a shame if those, who are like myself and prefer boxed goods, get the raw end of the deal.

I'd say it's a part of it, but not all

So where are you all pre-ordering from? I kind of want the red shell key ring, or the bullet bill one, can't decide.

I take it the red shell keyring is only available on the Nintendo shop? Do they typically deliver for release day?

I've pre ordered from both ShopTo and Nintendo, Shopto will give the game early and Nintendo will give me a blue shell statue, red shell keyring and bullet bill t shirt :D Once the limited edition arrives from Nintendo I'll whack my spare copy on eBay

If I do decide to buy the game, I'll be pre-ordering from ShopTo.

I just think people who are interested in making their own tracks are in the vast vast minority. We're talking maybe 2% of people may spend more than 10 minutes making their own tracks?

Why 2%? If they make it brilliant, loads will do it. Lots of people created their own levels in LittleBigPlanet, I know that for sure.

Game changers never come about by just doing the same things again and again. Nintendo need to recall that.

well the good news is Mario Kart 8 is out next month. (i love saying that, it makes it seem so much closer) the bad news is we still know fcuk all about the game. Come on Nintendo drop some knowledge!

Why 2%? If they make it brilliant, loads will do it. Lots of people created their own levels in LittleBigPlanet, I know that for sure.

Not to mention two ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting. Enough people enjoyed creating kart levels that Sony made three kart games where the main thing was creating tracks.

well the good news is Mario Kart 8 is out next month. (i love saying that, it makes it seem so much closer) the bad news is we still know fcuk all about the game. Come on Nintendo drop some knowledge!

Is it not best that we have some surprise left? I dislike how people expect everything to be revealed prior to launch. Leaves us with Smash Bros Brawl level disappointments.

Not to mention two ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet Karting. Enough people enjoyed creating kart levels that Sony made three kart games where the main thing was creating tracks.

Yeah, and how well did that do?

Is it not best that we have some surprise left? I dislike how people expect everything to be revealed prior to launch. Leaves us with Smash Bros Brawl level disappointments.

They don't need to talk about levels, characters, karts and items. We want to know about modes and the online.

Yeah, and how well did that do?

For kart games exclusive to a platform with a more "adult" audience, with an IP with nowhere near the same pull as Mario or Sonic and with pretty bad controls, I'd say it did pretty well based entirely on the track editing.