NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

In the finance gubbins, Nintendo mentioned additional content for Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 in the next fiscal year.

Looks like we're getting more Mario Kart DLC.

Looks like we're getting more Mario Kart DLC.
we're getting more Mario Kart DLC.
more Mario Kart DLC.

:yay::bouncy::yay::bouncy:

Nintendo, fix battle mode, add challenge mode and you can rightly claim MK8 as the most perfect game ever.

I never read it as that, they just said dlc will keep players playing those games over the next fiscal year didn't they? Hope so though would love it.

Patch better rules into battle mode along with a battle mode dlc pack over the summer. Maybe the patch can be bigger with better editing controls on videos and in race voice chat.

Then in the autumn another track pack. Perfect!

Played 200cc at my mate's.

I won 7 out of 8 races and basically owned this shit. My mate couldn't believe it. :laughing:

I still don't like Mario Kart 8, though :( I wish I'd do...

I still don't like Mario Kart 8, though :( I wish I'd do...
Goddammit drahkon...

ARRGGGHHHH!!!! :heh:

Remember how ugly Mario Kart Wii looked?

mario-kart-wii_1.jpg

kartwii1.jpg

Mario%20Kart%20DK%20Mountain.png

Mk Wii was probably the most unpolished first party title Nintendo have ever made. The box art, the in-game menus, the visuals everything just screamed that it was rushed to market.

I never read it as that, they just said dlc will keep players playing those games over the next fiscal year didn't they

The quote:

Specifically, by sequentially introducing additional download content for blockbuster titles such as "Mario Kart 8" and "Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS/Wii U"

Remember how ugly Mario Kart Wii looked?

Mk Wii was probably the most unpolished first party title Nintendo have ever made. The box art, the in-game menus, the visuals everything just screamed that it was rushed to market.

I actually played this again the other day :heh:

I certainly noticed that it doesn't look that great, but then we have been spoiled by Mario Kart 8 :grin: To be honest, though, I had a blast getting to grips with the Wii Wheel again and enjoyed revisiting tracks that aren't in the latest game, such as Ghost Valley 2 (SNES) and Bowser Castle 3 (GBA) :yay:

The quote:

I certainly hope so. Maybe just being negative because I do want more so much, but I still think it could referring to the recently released stuff.

I officially hate Cheese Land! I've been trying for the last few hours to get *** on 200cc mode and I have only once come first on Cheese Land. Every other time I just get screwed by the bumps and items. I done the Bell Cup on my second attempt but this is driving me insane. I've lost count of how many laps I've now done on Baby Park.

Love this game.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Finally!

Edited by BowserBasher

I just found out something new I didn't know about. When you're on the results screens, try spinning the cup on the gamepad! :)

Mario Kart 9 has a lot to live up to :eek:

I was playing this on Saturday night and it amazes me just how great the game feels :hehe: It's perhaps a bit of a strange sensation to have after all this time with the game and 80+ hours of play time but it really is a special game :grin:

Obviously the battle mode could be improved and extra single and multiplayer additions could be made to add more variety to the action but as far as the look, handling and feel of Mario Kart goes, Nintendo really have nailed it with this iteration. In fact, going back to most of the previous incarnations feels somewhat imprecise. I found Double Dash particularly difficult when I played it recently :shakehead

I almost find it a shame to think that they'll have to basically start again with Mario Kart 9 in the sense that I wish everything could be carried over from the current version, such as all the tracks, and just keep building and building until we have every single course ever created as well as new ones :grin:

...Mk Wii was probably the most unpolished first party title Nintendo have ever made. The box art, the in-game menus, the visuals everything just screamed that it was rushed to market.

The visuals may not have had polish but it's online was arguably better than MK8's. At least in MKWii you could create a party with friends and then search for online races as a group. You can't do this in MK8.

Edited by Kav

Boohoo. Still an incredible game. Night and day difference in quality from the Wii game.

Boohoo. Still an incredible game. Night and day difference in quality from the Wii game.

The quality was still there in MKWii... just not as high quality.

But my point was to say that it wasn't unpolished. The fact that Nintendo have taken a step backwards online with MK8 could be argued that MK8 isn't as polished as it should be.

The quality was still there in MKWii... just not as high quality.

But my point was to say that it wasn't unpolished. The fact that Nintendo have taken a step backwards online with MK8 could be argued that MK8 isn't as polished as it should be.

MK8 is one of the most polished games Nintendo have ever released. MK Wii one of its most unpolished, AND most ugly. It was clearly rushed out to take advantage of the Wii craze. Re: MK8, your obsession with online is blinding you as to how good the game itself is.

MK8 is one of the most polished games Nintendo have ever released. MK Wii one of its most unpolished, AND most ugly. It was clearly rushed out to take advantage of the Wii craze. Re: MK8, your obsession with online is blinding you as to how good the game itself is.

I'm aware how good the game is Ronnie, but it could (and should, in this day and age) be better... and I'd not call it one of their most polished when you consider just how botched Battle Mode is!

Your obsession with my gripes is a bit unnerving.

Edited by Kav

but it could (and should, in this day and age) be better...

Every single game out there 'could be better'. There comes a point where you have to sit back and just enjoy what's there.

Edited by Ronnie

Every single game out there 'could' be better. There comes a point where you have to sit back and just enjoy what's there.

Here's where you're wrong.

Whether I find something botched or you think it's great is all opinion. Neither of us our wrong in these cases, but what you've said there is incorrect.

You don't have to sit back and just enjoy it. It's up to the person whatever they do. They don't have to do anything. They could not play it, trade it in, sell it, snap it in half, complain... it's entirely up to them.

They could also enjoy it, play it, sing it's praises.

...but they don't HAVE TO sit back and enjoy it.

Just because you don't like seeing people vent frustrations, it doesn't mean they can't.

FFS I never said it was fact that you had to sit back and enjoy it. It was a suggestion. And just because you hide behind the "it's just my opinion" line doesn't mean said opinion isn't open to criticism.

I don't mind people venting their frustrations. I mind when people vent about the exact same point over and over and over and over and over again.

Every single game out there "can be better", anything can be improved upon. I would SUGGEST you stop micro-analysing.

There is no "hiding behind" an opinion @Ronnie... it's a bloody opinion, you don't hide behind them, you state them!

The problem with you is you don't post subjectively. Look on the Splatoon thread, both Serebii and Dud disagreed with me but they weren't in the slightest bit antagonistic whereas you were!

Approach things differently and arguments won't go back and forth!

There is no "hiding behind" an opinion @Ronnie... it's a bloody opinion, you don't hide behind them, you state them!

Whoooosh.

Never mind.

Whoooosh.

Never mind.

Ignore the rest of my post as usual of course, the actual crux of the matter. It's why you appear to troll.

Granted, I should learn and shouldn't bite.