NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just gave it a read thanks.

I would just like to be able to get plenty of games online as I doubt I'll be able to get much local multiplayer.

I'm assuming the League will run right through to December.. so if nothing changes with my job, I will be able to participate during May, June, July & December.. which means I will miss half the league.

Just gave it a read thanks.

I would just like to be able to get plenty of games online as I doubt I'll be able to get much local multiplayer.

I'm assuming the League will run right through to December.. so if nothing changes with my job, I will be able to participate during May, June, July & December.. which means I will miss half the league.

Will run to December, starts in June.

No problem with you participating just those months, you'll find yourself on the inactive list a few times but once you start playing again, you'll be off it and back on the league table.

PLsu I imagine people will be playing it loads in general outside of the league. presuming it's as awesome as we all hope.

Basically you hook up with everyone from here, have a race and watch @Blade come last. :D

that's an outrageous assumption considering I'm back for this. I'm personally insulted that you have written off my chances of coming last!

Me and @Blade will be battling hard for the wooden spoon.

Basically you hook up with everyone from here, have a race and watch @Blade come last. :D

Cheeky bastard :p

And @Clownferret still haven't forgiven the fact you became "inactive". Funny you did that seeing that you were like lost every single game.

Here's the latest trailer with the Koopa kids

If you notice at from 1:25 and right at the end of the trailer Mario does an inwards drift on his motorbike... Why did they bring it back? That inwards drift was what made karts useless in MK Wii :(

Okay, that does look incredible. Love the SNES style circuit tracks with the red an yellow blocks :)

Can't wait for another GamExplain video of that :D

This looks incredible, love the angled tracks and the SNES inspired one... glorious!

If you notice at from 1:25 and right at the end of the trailer Mario does an inwards drift on his motorbike... Why did they bring it back? That inwards drift was what made karts useless in MK Wii :(

THat's why the good lord (read LostMario) created theme nights :D

So Mario Karts release date of May 30th just barely makes it out before Spring ends. :grin:

Yep with 22 days to spare unless you go by an 8 year old's way of looking at the seasons

Love the SNES style circuit tracks with the red an yellow blocks :)
This looks incredible, love the angled tracks and the SNES inspired one... glorious!
That's Mario Circuit from Super Circuit:

Man, I can't wait to hear that baseline in decent quality. :love:

But yeah, keeps the style of the original (as did the GBA version) so it looks amazing!!

And I was completely wrong about the retro tracks making use of anti-gravity. :o

Note to self... never underestimate Nintendo. :heh:

is3iMKL3QTixR.gif
So good. :awesome:

I might just have to freeze myself until May 30th. :laughing:

That's Mario Circuit from Super Circuit:

Man, I can't wait to hear that baseline in decent quality. :love:

But yeah, keeps the style of the original (as did the GBA version) so it looks amazing!!

At 33 seconds?! Seems to have a huge vertical, anti gravity bit to it so surely that aint a retro track?!

At 33 seconds?! Seems to have a huge vertical, anti gravity bit to it so surely that aint a retro track?!
Yeah. That's just how they've adapted it for the anti-gravity mechanic, by separating that section of the track and having you jump on to it! :awesome:

Yeah. That's just how they've adapted it for the anti-gravity mechanic, by separating that section of the track and having you jump on to it! :awesome:

Ah, excellent... I think... I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but that bit looks so good I don't care!!

This game is too too too far away... :(

I've got to be honest this game looks better each time i see it, it has to be a day 1 purchase for me

when does the league start... 1st June?

Cheeky bastard :p

And @Clownferret still haven't forgiven the fact you became "inactive". Funny you did that seeing that you were like lost every single game.

i did spit the dummy and pack it in, but it was not because I was coming last "once or twice" (cough, cough) There was one chaotic night where it all went pear shaped a few people got disconnected from a GP, the rest of us carried on only to find out they had started again. Now the rules are if you get disconnected that's your loss, but to start again and punish the people who didn't get disconnected was the final straw for me. It's like the lag in COD.

That's why MK8 above all else needs a good online system.

I can't stop watching the new trailer, sends shivers up my spine every time! :o

Wish Nintendo would've revealed some more info last night too, but I suppose they want to keep it back for the inevitable MK8 Direct.

Which is probably for the best, as too much revealed in advance will just make the wait even harder! :hmm:

I've been checking out some of the new artwork for the game though, it's really nice. They've got Lakitu rocking a TV camera with the MK TV logo on it. :cool:

A lot of the items appear to have new renders for this version too, including the Red Shell. *saves for future avatar/sig* ;)

How am I going to cope with this 105 day wait? :D

when does the league start... 1st June?
I highly doubt that. :heh:

There should be at least 2 weeks from launch date before starting the league, in order for everyone to get used to the new gameplay and unlock a decent amount of characters/vehicles.

Lostmario's call though.

I hope the track design gives you some nice views, the vertical sections look awesome. Just the addition this game needed, I think...

I hope the track design gives you some nice views, the vertical sections look awesome. Just the addition this game needed, I think...

I really liked how you could see the whole track in this part of the trailer:

ibbIDy32FWziC0.gif

Although I guess that view will only show up in replays.

ibbIDy32FWziC0.gif

Watching it last night, for a split second when Mario holds that shell up to his face, I thought it was Shy Guy! :p

I really liked how you could see the whole track in this part of the trailer:

ibbIDy32FWziC0.gif

Although I guess that view will only show up in replays.

coming back down again I would imagine you could see the whole track, or near enough!

Anti gravity in that section is completely unnecessary btw! :p

oooh... unless that section of the track gradually rises to being completely vertical by Lap 3? :D (oh no maybe not it's on some big hydraulic thing. boo.)