NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I'll get it but won't be taking part in the league unless Nintendo get with the rest of the industry and allow me to talk to people who I'm playing, meaning you guys.

That makes no sense, to get the game but not join the League?

If you want to punish Nintendo don't get the game.

Don't punish us by denying us your presence online cause of Nintendo's failings....

...or is it maybe cause you don't actually like us anymore :cry:

We all know that aint going to happen, so yeah... look what you've done.

Crying-gifs-10112013-01.gif

All them hours carrying you in Monster Hunter and this is how you repay me.

@Mokong, we aint carrying this guy no more!

He can get his own Monster Burgers at the sandship sail-tru next time!

The banter between you Monster Hunter boys...

Anyway, come on guys, you should believe in Nintendo! Maybe we'll get some fleshed out online multiplayer experiences in MK8 & SSB!

Yes. I can picture it now.

ib2CVV5njYmI2L.gif

@S\.C\.G @Blade prepare for our epic battle to try stay off bottom

I'm sure I was easily at the bottom by the time I gave up retired.

No one who doesn't know what a wii u is a gamer in anyway other than in passing...Just doesn't compute with me.

I'd be gobsmacked (though would I really) if Mario Kart didn't have voice chat. Surely Nintendo aren't that retarded!

I'd be gobsmacked (though would I really) if Mario Kart didn't have voice chat. Surely Nintendo aren't that retarded!

No. No you won't be.

And you'll be saying the same in a few years time as well.

Come now. Pokémon has voice chat. Stands to reason this will :)

Consisting Nintendo's fear of ever offending five year olds I doubt it will be included. What's the first word that comes to mind when someone fires a blue shell? Nintendo won't want that.

What's the first word that comes to mind when someone fires a blue shell?

'Fiddlesticks!' ? :p

Consisting Nintendo's fear of ever offending five year olds I doubt it will be included. What's the first word that comes to mind when someone fires a blue shell? Nintendo won't want that.

Several words, actually.

Something along the lines of 'Damn, that's a really good weapon and game mechanic and I hope they keep it in.'

:bouncy:

Surely those same arguments could be made against its use in Pokémon, but with critical hits over blue shells

I've heard a far greater string of obscenities during MK than Pokémon. The latter is slower in nature and yeah, you may curse, but the former is so fluid and your position can change so rapidly that cursing cascades out.

Plus everyone calls Daisy a slut.

I'd prefer them to get rid of the blueshell :)

I would just like to point out that I have no issue with the blue shell, it was more just an example of something that triggers words on the Nintendon't list.

Although it should return to MK64 Blue Shell, which actually helped the player that used it.

I smashed my 3DS screen whilst playing in the MK League by headbutting it.

Voice chat would be hilarious!

Although it should return to MK64 Blue Shell, which actually helped the player that used it.

I always liked the 64 one too(it ran on the ground, right? hitting other people on the way?) - the only taking out first place isn't quite as fun; though the explosion that catches kinda makes up for it a bit. I do love the fear/feeling blue shells instill though!

I would just like to point out that I have no issue with the blue shell, it was more just an example of something that triggers words on the Nintendon't list.

Considering NINTENDO, they are probably not aware of this.

When the good people of the Mario Kart team play with eachother or with their families there are smiles all around :D

I always liked the 64 one too(it ran on the ground, right? hitting other people on the way?) - the only taking out first place isn't quite as fun; though the explosion that catches kinda makes up for it a bit. I do love the fear/feeling blue shells instill though!

Uhm, newsflash, Mario Kart 7's Blue Shell returned to this style. :cool:

You know what I loved about Double Dash? The fact that you could dodge all types of shells. It was the same in Super Circuit; hitting top speed meant that red shell's would trail you :)

I would love to see red and green shells go back to Super Mario Kart speed. Oh and bring back the feather.

I'd prefer them to get rid of the blueshell :)

My problem with that is that the guy at the front can hold a banana/shell behind him and be pretty ubstoppable so long as he doesn't screw up. People around 3rd/4th can get hit by all sorts like three red shells, bombs, even a bullet bill. I think sometimes it can be really pure luck depending on who gets the 'last' blue shell of the race, but at the same time not having it could be pretty damaging.

Of course, having the option to switch items on or off for the benefit of themed league nights is not an option :laughing:

090107_reggie2.jpg

Every time there's a new Mario Kart, there's always calls for Nintendo to get rid of, or at least change, the blue shell and also to bring back the feather from Super Mario Kart. With they themselves suggesting previously that they've already 'perfected' the Mario Kart formula, it's as if they're completely oblivious to the persistant complaints :hmm:

When the blue shell was first introduced to Mario Kart 64, it felt awesome! The sound of it whizzing around the track and closing in was frightening, not knowing whether you were going to get in the way of its path or not, whatever position you were in.

I also loved in that game being able to watch your friends approaching jumps, such as the one in Wario Stadium, and timing your lightning bolt strike so that they would fall down and have to do a large section of the track again. All these sorts of elements have been subdued over the years and it's why the N64 version remains my favourite of the series!

Yep Mario Kart should just adopt the Smash approach of more weapons, but being able to fully customise multiplayer weapons, it's just stupid not to give the option out of choice alone.

No one who doesn't know what a wii u is a gamer in anyway other than in passing...Just doesn't compute with me.

voicechat ain't happening... period.

There is a small part of me that thinks, possibly it could happen in party room, but hell will freeze over before Nintendo allow the kind of expletive filled, rage fueled outbursts that only MK can induce onto the general unsupecting public.