NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just had a good few races.

On one, a friend and I were vying for first in Cloudtop Cruise, and we both inexplicably got the Super Horn and both used at the exact same time on a jump. I'm still laughing because of it.

what was the outcome? both taken out, or did they cancel each other out?

My 4 year old daugter (racing online with me for the first time) commented when she got her 3rd Golden Mushroom in a row "Daddy, these mushrooms are just pointless!"

Also when playing by herself (on 100cc and Easy CPU) and staying in the lead moaned "Why do I keep getting coins, all the time!"

Made me laugh and feel she really belongs on this thread!! :laughing:

what was the outcome? both taken out, or did they cancel each other out?

Both hilariously taken out

2 MILLION COPIES OF MARIO KART 8 HAVE REPORTEDLY BEEN SOLD

At Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders today, it was reported that Mario Kart 8 has sold 2 million copies worldwide in the month since its release.

This comes via Twitter user @NStyles, who is live tweeting the event. The tweet also mentions that Wii U hardware sales are generally "picking up."

If this is true, it's a stellar result for Nintendo. This is still unconfirmed, so we've reached out to the publisher for comment and we'll update this article when and if we hear official word.

UPDATE: Nintendo has given us confirmation that Mario Kart 8's global sell-through is approximately 2 million in less than a month, as announced by Genyo Takeda speaking on behalf of Nintendo President Satoru Iwata.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/06/27/2-million-copies-of-mario-kart-8-have-reportedly-been-sold

I absolutely adore the Piranha Plant item.

It's the closest thing to a Double Dash we can get.

What with two organisms working together.

BqldikSIQAApB9G.jpg

I look at that picture and all I can think is... 'Gran TurisMario Kart' :heh:

Just was racing on some retro tracks. Whilst racing I thought to myself "hmm why is it all different, i'm sure you went in the opposite direction on the 3DS version" then it hit me...

... I was playing in Mirror Mode!

God Damn it... I just can't beat Morton in the time trials for Bone Dry Dunes... my only time trial left to beat. (still about 0.3 seconds off)...

ARRRRGGGHHHHH....

God Damn it... I just can't beat Morton in the time trials for Bone Dry Dunes... my only time trial left to beat. (still about 0.3 seconds off)...

ARRRRGGGHHHHH....

Yeah, that one took me a while to do for some reason too

I think i've yet to use a Bobomb item that i didn't somehow manage to blow myself up with. Rubbish.

I think i've yet to use a Bobomb item that i didn't somehow manage to blow myself up with. Rubbish.

I find dropping them behind works best for safety. But I do quite like the bomb myself

True, but i only ever get them when i'm in 5th or 6th place, and it seems a waste then to drop it behind...

True, unless you manage to throw it and it hits someone/someone manages to drive into it straight away, he chances are you'll be driving right by it the moment of detonation.

Another innovative gameplay "feechur" there.

If you hold it before throwing, it works very much like pulling the pin on a grenade.

I'm finding the 150cc GP pretty much unplayable now. Just too frustrating.

Weapons off 150cc VS mode against hard cpu is where the real action is.

I'm finding the 150cc GP pretty much unplayable now. Just too frustrating.

Weapons off 150cc VS mode against hard cpu is where the real action is.

I find that FAR too easy.

I just cruise on ahead with no resistance. I might as well be playing on Time Trials.

I was playing online with f00had yesterday and pulled off such a beautiful banana throw

I was playing online with f00had yesterday and pulled off such a beautiful banana throw

Ah, one of those incredibly flukey moments that I love. No way you expected that to work.

RedShell and I have been doing that to each other a tad the past couple of League nights.

surely Kong should be immune to banana attacks

Just played 3 player local game.

Gameplay was amazing. It's been too long since I played a game with several people locally... and you know... I had forgotten just how much I love local co-op!

I'm looking forward to a few repeats in the near future :D

The beginnings of MK 8 being hacked has started.