NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

More SNES/GBA style courses please, such as the gorgeous Mario Circuit:

zl_Cfz_SAMhc_MSb_UD1g.jpg

Much prefer the tracks where it's all about driving and navigating tight corners than gimmicks.

For a start they could tackle this:

Wario_Colosseum.jpg

Yes, I can definitely see them adding things to this game.

I wonder what the Amiibo will bring to the table and I can see NINTENDO hosting some competitions and challenges like they did with Mario Kart Wii.

What I really hope though is a mode that uses the Upad in an interesting way for Co-oP play.

Or how about.... PROPER ITEM BALANCE!!!

I've have gone for entire laps with just coins! I have had bananas in last place. I get three mushrooms in 10th, but 9th and 8th got the same, so we're all sitting in the same situation.

All that needs to be done, is just rebalance things.

Any other company would just apply a small patch and tweak it over time. There's loads of adjustments in games like COD and Battlefield to even things out. Nintendo need to do the same thing.

Or that. : peace:

The coin item is just a waste, imo. I'm surprised that made it into the final game. Couldn't Nintendo include something else instead?

I've just discovered Share Factory on the PS4. Oh my god, how did Nintendo not include something like this for Mario Kart 8? "Editing" your videos in this game is a royal pain in the arse in comparison. Could have been a god-tier feature in this game. I hope they do something and improve it for Smash Bros, if they use it in there. (please use it)

What does the coin item do, compared to picking up coins as you drive around? (I don't have the game)

Just gives you two extra coins and a slight speed boost. I like the coin item. Gives a nice retro feel from the glorious SNES days.

But it's main use is to make you curse in first place that you decided to drop your banana and take another item box, especially when you end up getting slammed with a red shell seconds later. :P

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. F ZERO doesn't give you BOOST POWER until lap 2 and 3. Why not do the same for Mario Kart? No items until laps 2 and 3?

I think it is about balance, in the same way introducing items too early loses that balance, introducing them too late would have a similar effect.

To go back to the F1 DRS comparison, it would be like DRS being allowed 20 laps in, no one would get within the required 1 second sweet spot so the DRS would become pointless.

Although after a couple of incidents, I personally would like the no items first lap idea :D

Or that. : peace:

The coin item is just a waste, imo. I'm surprised that made it into the final game. Couldn't Nintendo include something else instead?

I've just discovered Share Factory on the PS4. Oh my god, how did Nintendo not include something like this for Mario Kart 8? "Editing" your videos in this game is a royal pain in the arse in comparison. Could have been a god-tier feature in this game. I hope they do something and improve it for Smash Bros, if they use it in there. (please use it)

I actually like the coin item, it's kinda funny when you REALLY know a red shell = failure and you only have a mighty coin to save you :D puts on the pressure and forces you to build up a larger gap between you and the racer just behind you!

As for the MKTV, I was playing against a friend a couple of days ago and he commented on how good the replays were.

At the time I was actually thinking how frustrating it was that MKTV had chosen the wrong angle for the scene unfolding at the time :D

But I guess expectations vary, it's possible lots of people, maybe even most, are very happy with MKTV.

And agreed, having video playback functionality in multiplayer games is great, I will always remember an AMAZING grand prix race against a friend back on smb on the GC, if only that game had possessed a replay function :(

Biggest problem with replays is that you only can upload 60 second clips.

Why not a full race? Are Nintendo afraid people will watch replays instead of buying the game or some ludicrous shite like that?

Biggest problem with replays is that you only can upload 60 second clips.

Why not a full race? Are Nintendo afraid people will watch replays instead of buying the game or some ludicrous shite like that?

It seems to take at least 5 mins just to upload one minute clips, a full race would be around three minutes... that would be a quarter of an hour per video. :shakehead

Unless they find some way to speed the process up with an update I don't think there's much point to having full race video uploads, if it was quicker though I'd be all for it. :indeed:

Is it just the size of the video which makes it take so long? :wtf:

The music in this game really is excellent, even if it's taken me a couple of weeks to realise!

I especially like Mario Stadium, Mario Circuit, Electrodome, Sweet Sweet Canyon, Mount Wario (+ what an amazing course), Cloudtop Cruise, and the two Rainbow Roads. Love the electric guitar parts especially.

I have had the absolute worst evening on this. Hit by every shell, every green shell, two bullet bills in a row.

Good god lol

I have had the absolute worst evening on this. Hit by every shell, every green shell, two bullet bills in a row.

Good god lol

Don't worry, the game hates me too:

ibeRVtT0oBM4W1.gif

lol

There are too many blue shells in this game. And they all tend to show up about 20 seconds before the finish line at 150cc, in every race or two. It's ridiculous. If Nintendo are set on continuing with this ludicrous item at least limit it to multiplayer, not single player GP. I lost count how many first place finishes I gave up at the last second this evening. Most games reward skill, not Mario Kart it seems.

There are too many blue shells in this game. And they all tend to show up about 20 seconds before the finish line at 150cc, in every race or two. It's ridiculous. If Nintendo are set on continuing with this ludicrous item at least limit it to multiplayer, not single player GP. I lost count how many first place finishes I gave up at the last second this evening. Most games reward skill, not Mario Kart it seems.

Have you ever played MarioKart before? That's how it is! :p

Have you ever played MarioKart before? That's how it is! :p

There's a fine line between "that's how Mario Kart is" and "getting fisted into a position that you can't return from".

I played a load of this online over the last few days. While the item balance sometimes feels cruel, I will say it is way easier to dodge Red Shells in 8. They usually break on jumps or tight corners and you can also break them on objects through some smart movement.

Barely see any Blue Shells online. Had a couple yesterday, but they were few and far between.

Mushrooms feel a lot meatier lately. Found them weak at first, but I can usually advance a good few places with three now... when I'm not boosting myself into a wall or off the course...

The lobby disconnect error appears to be a lot better now too. Had two disconnects yesterday after however many hours.

The game is still crazy fun. I get everyone is different, but I can't stop playing this no matter how brutal the item allocation can be. If I get mauled, I get mauled. Those last minute comebacks are amazing.

Edited by Guy

blue shells are rare online, in fact most of the powerful items are.

But you can put your mortgage on the fact that if you've won the first 3 races in a GP then last lap of the last GP is hammer time.

I get hit with lightning bolts frequently online, but can count on 1 had the times I've had one.

The item boxes just seem to be loaded mostly with mushrooms and coins.

I think I understand the reason they left out voice chat.

The list game I played I was yelling 'cunt! cunt! cunt! cunt!!' For about the last lap and a half.

Good game though.

It seems to take at least 5 mins just to upload one minute clips, a full race would be around three minutes... that would be a quarter of an hour per video. :shakehead

On your internet maybe :blank: takes me about 5 seconds.

On your internet maybe :blank: takes me about 5 seconds.

But we just got BT Infinity 2... this is on a wireless connection though, is yours wired? If so I might have to invest in some ethernet plugs I think.

But we just got BT Infinity 2... this is on a wireless connection though, is yours wired? If so I might have to invest in some ethernet plugs I think.

Lots of ISPs have terrible upload speeds, even on fibre.

Still can't believe I can drive as Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach.

It's like NINTENDO heard my cries all these years!