NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I think we're reading too much into that tweet. The Nintendo UK account tweets random things like that all the time. Also if the game is being ported to NX it'd make sense to wait before revealing any new courses

I think we're reading too much into that tweet. The Nintendo UK account tweets random things like that all the time.

Kinda strange to add a "#MK8" to a tweet that has nothing to do with Mario Kart 8, then...

But yeah, it could easily be nothing. I'd love to see more DLC, though. Callie and Marie would definitely be a perfect fit for the game, and given their popularity it would be an extremely easy way to boost Mario Kart sales as well. Plus, it would give me another chance to get Bowser Jr...

[TWEET]738777798060482560[/TWEET]More DLC on the way?

I really hope so. Nintendo desperately need to get more content out there and additional MK8 DLC would be a great way to it.

I had given up on the possibility of any further Mario Kart 8 DLC a long time ago but this tweet gives me a small glimmer of hope : peace:

I haven't seen the first half of the track in Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64 in so long that I've always been wanting that course to be remade.. and I'm still waiting :heh:

I've been waiting for a Wario Stadium remake too. Knowing our luck they'd put a boost over that last jump making it impossible to make people fall down. Mwaha - I used to love doing that :D

I've been waiting for a Wario Stadium remake too. Knowing our luck they'd put a boost over that last jump making it impossible to make people fall down. Mwaha - I used to love doing that :D

I imagine they'd get rid of the ability to fall down onto the track below but I'd love for them to keep it :grin:

There was nothing better than a perfectly timed lightning bolt to send your rivals way back but I do feel like the distance between where you fall and the ramp would have to be reduced significantly in order for that possibility to be included in a potential update.

As for Kalimari Desert, it might be fun if some of the train carriages had items that you could collect if you wanted to risk sneaking through a gap while the train crosses your path. There'd have to be a little ramp before the tracks to make that work but it would add even more risk and reward to that particular stage :hehe:

I've heard about this and I just don't understand... Why people think this implies more DLC is just baffling. They always post these faux motivational posts with screenshots. This is obviously referencing this track where you have to stop for the train or smash into it, so it's good to wait. I really don't think it's anything more than that.

I've heard about this and I just don't understand... Why people think this implies more DLC is just baffling. They always post these faux motivational posts with screenshots. This is obviously referencing this track where you have to stop for the train or smash into it, so it's good to wait. I really don't think it's anything more than that.

But why, oh why, do they then put the #MK8-hashtag there?

I agree, it's stupid to get your hopes up but it IS a bit suspicious.

Also, not long after, they posted yet another Tweet showing of something from Zelda Wind Waker, hashtagging it #Zelda which we know is coming at E3.

Why people think this implies more DLC is just baffling..

I find it baffling that you think it is baffling.. :blank:

I definitely don't expect new DLC for Mario Kart 8 but many of us have been waiting and hoping it may eventually arrive after the success of the first two.

Is it really that much of a stretch to think that a tweet that says 'Good things come to those who wait. #MK8' featuring a screenshot from a track that doesn't feature anywhere in Mario Kart 8 is possibly a hint at something in the pipeline for the game when the console has been so bereft of content in 2016..? ::shrug:

I'm with @dazzybee, I don't understand how people think it suggests MK8 DLC. Like he says they post these sort of motivational statement type tweets all the time and the MK8 hashtag is just something they threw at the end to promote their games, like they did with #Zelda shortly after.

#MK or #MarioKart or #MK64 etc.... sure that would be just whatever.

They put #Zelda.. not #ZeldaWiiU....

And as has been said, some DLC would help bring in a bit of Wii U money for relatively less work than a full game. I think battle mode is asking too much, but adding more retro tracks is more feasible...

I can see a link, but also it is all wishful thinking. If it is just as you guys say.. a meaningless tweet... then they are idiots :D (or typed #MK and autocomplete added the "8" to the end :D)

It's like those annoying "inspirational" quotes and graphics that have been doing the rounds on social media for years, just with a Nintendo twist.

Maybe it stands for Mortal Kombat? A re-release of 8?

Yeah bless but I don't think Nintendo really get Twitter (see: Cranky Kong 'memes'). I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

There was nothing better than a perfectly timed lightning bolt to send your rivals way back but I do feel like the distance between where you fall and the ramp would have to be reduced significantly in order for that possibility to be included in a potential update.

You know, 2 years ago, I would have agreed with you.

But now, after the N-E League and many, many "Lightning over the hole" moments, nothing would terrify me more than N64 Wario Stadium keeping it's ridiculously harsh jump.

That said, I'm firmly in the "This means nothing, stop getting your hopes up" camp.

But why, oh why, do they then put the #MK8-hashtag there?

I agree, it's stupid to get your hopes up but it IS a bit suspicious.

Also, not long after, they posted yet another Tweet showing of something from Zelda Wind Waker, hashtagging it #Zelda which we know is coming at E3.

Probably because more people would search for it...? I really hope there is more, but I just thought was obviously just a silly throwaway tweet.

Though I also think Mario Kart 9 should come first nx christmas and establish it as a service with new content every few months for the nx life cycle so maybe they shouldn't be doing any dlc :)

Is it really that much of a stretch to think that a tweet that says 'Good things come to those who wait. #MK8' featuring a screenshot from a track that doesn't feature anywhere in Mario Kart 8 is possibly a hint at something in the pipeline for the game when the console has been so bereft of content in 2016..? ::shrug:

Not if Nintendo didn't always do these kinds of tweets no, but they do, they're meaningless.

(we're not getting a Super Wario game)

I've looked through and the only "inappropriate" hash tag is the #mk8 one. If the hashtag was absent no one would have batted an eyelid...

it's not just an image and a bit of text, it's linking both to MK8 with that hash tag.. the example you showed just looked awkward... they didn't #newgameannouncement or anything like that... it just looked random. The #mk8 makes a link to a specific game where none exists... it's not the franchise as a whole, but the specific entry from that franchise.

May 21st I found a slightly abstract tweet... but there was a clear link to the game.. just.. yeah.. gone back 4 weeks.. painful but no equivalent "always do these kinds of tweets" thing.

However..scrolling through the comments I think someone nailed it... the karts kinda look like they are on a mk8 anti-grav section :|

Safer to ignore it and be pleasantly surprised if we should have paid attention to it.

Edited by Pestneb