NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I don't think any part of MKWii was really unpolished, it looked great when it was released. And as kav82 said, some of MK8's online options feel like a backwards step in comparison.

I enjoy MK8 a lot but that doesn't prevent me from seeing its faults. The ones that really stick out are ones that MKWii didn't have, like time trial leader boards being inferior and lack of proper battle mode maps.

Mario Kart Wii was an amazing game - it's actually my favourite in the series. I played over 360 hours on it - both online, offline and in offline multiplayer. It was a huge jump forward for the series, bearing in mind I don't play handhelds it brought so much new to the table and seemed like a huge jump forward from Double Dash.

12 players in one race and 12 players online at one time with a choice of vehicles, a wider character roster and 32 tracks made up of some amazing new ones and some of the best retro tracks from the series, it was almost perfect.

We can all cherry pick a couple of screen shots of an older game that by today's standards don't look great - but at the time when I first put Mario Kart Wii on I thought it looked amazing and couldn't believe the frame rate and visuals held up when I was online in a crazy 12 player race.

The funny thing about Mario Kart Wii is it actually had a proper battle mode and managed to have a better online system than Mario Kart 8 does. The way time trial data was presented was much better - as was the fact you could play with your friends in a party.

Mario Kart Wii was an amazing game and simply getting to play N64 Bowser Castle online with 12 players made the whole package worth the asking price!

Mario Kart Wii was amazing. Mario Kart 8 is better. Let's hope Mario Kart 9 is even better and as modern day online and social features!!!

Mario Kart Wii was an amazing game - it's actually my favourite in the series.

I like a lot of the courses and still have fun picking up the Wii Wheel and playing it every now and again but, for me, the balance is really off and this helps provide a frustrating experience :hmm:

It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely feels ridculously unfair at times, something which Mario Kart 8 has rectified to an extent :heh: It also irritated me a little that the bikes were superior to the standard karts thanks to the wheelie, but I never like using them!

Ah, Mario Kart Wii. Such a great game, had many hours of racing with mates. Could never use the Wii Wheel, didn't suit my play style. Prefered Nunchuck/Wiimote combo myself.

I tried playing Mario Kart: Double Dash the other day, playing Baby Park and you can see the differences not just visually between 8's version and Dash's version.

I tried playing Mario Kart: Double Dash the other day, playing Baby Park and you can see the differences not just visually between 8's version and Dash's version.

The handling in Double Dash!! is pretty weak and, as much as I did actually enjoy it back when it came out, I found the tracks to be some of the weakest in the series :hmm:

Mario Kart 8 is, for me, the absolute best :hehe: I had always deliberated between Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 as my favourite but Mario Kart 8 is absolutely on another level : peace:

Yup. Snes MK was always my clear favourite, MK8 has taken that crown although the battle mode in the snes version is still my favourite.

If they gave us back the feather and added the snes battle arenas in, added in some of the online features of MK Wii... but then we all know that would be the finale for the series :D Just add new DLC tracks periodically for each new console.

(hey maybe they could resurrect F-Zero if MK8 got semi retired!)

Yup. Snes MK was always my clear favourite, MK8 has taken that crown although the battle mode in the snes version is still my favourite.

If they gave us back the feather and added the snes battle arenas in, added in some of the online features of MK Wii... but then we all know that would be the finale for the series :D Just add new DLC tracks periodically for each new console.

(hey maybe they could resurrect F-Zero if MK8 got semi retired!)

Here's hoping F-Zero comes for NX.

What would be the perfect Mario Kart, hopefully the next one continues the trend of DLC tracks at a bargain price.

MK Wii was great at the time and I spent a lot of time on it. I never really used the customisable online options or the battle mode so MK8 seems like it is an improvement over the Wii one to me.

I would love some new track down the line, preferably remakes of old tracks.

So.. I played Mario Kart for the first time this night. Outside. In the rain. On a giant screen used for a open air film festival where I volunteer HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS.

Seriously, I can recommend playing games using a professional cinema projector.

Me and Dakota are popping in,one if anyone fancies joining us

I'll try, but I am really bad, I don't know the tracks yet.

Btw. in which class is online?

I've got the DLC's (should still soon have enough money for Xenoblade or another game), so I hope to play soon with you guys.

That was so good. Spotted a lot of cool racers, who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to let Son Goku back behind the wheel?!

[TWEET]738777798060482560[/TWEET]More DLC on the way?

I really hope so. Nintendo desperately need to get more content out there and additional MK8 DLC would be a great way to it.

More MK8 DLC would indeed be good. Haven't turned on the WiiU for age, but would for MK.

is mario kart 64 available on the VC? I really hope it is... if they released dlc that would be awesome.... even.. dare I hope for... some battle mode map dlc??? nope I don't dare....

is mario kart 64 available on the VC? I really hope it is... if they released dlc that would be awesome.... even.. dare I hope for... some battle mode map dlc??? nope I don't dare....

It is!

And yes, if by some miracle they do add some more DLC they have to fix battle mode!

[TWEET]738777798060482560[/TWEET]More DLC on the way?

really hope so. Nintendo desperately need to get more content out there and additional MK8 DLC would be a great way to it.

I'm really reaching here but its that the screenshot they show is from Kalimari Desert.

Kalimari.

Calamari

Callie and Marie

callie_and_marie_wave_by_flainfan-d8wmrkg.jpg

So maybe they're adding those two as playable racers? The Amiibo's are out soon too, so maybe it ties in with that.

Edited by Helmsly