NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I'm disappointed Link isn't riding a horse in Mario Kart...

...imagine that, Link drifting round the corners on Epona. Awesome.

It's not quite Link on Epona but...

Wii U - Mario Kart 8 From the Pit – Episode 4: Item Techniques

The cringiest thing I've seen in quite a while. Why do they do this and who is it aimed at? Toddlers? It's tripe like this that give Nintendo their kiddy image. This is episode 4. There are others? *shivers*

Any news on the date of the DLC... My daughter is getting too excited...

Sadly my guess will be be Thursday (these things always seem to be Thursday) 27th Nov.. :(

Any news on the date of the DLC... My daughter is getting too excited...

Sadly my guess will be be Thursday (these things always seem to be Thursday) 27th Nov.. :(

I think it'll be early to mid November, since Smash is at the end of it in the US

I think it'll be early to mid November, since Smash is at the end of it in the US
Good point.

And I hope you're right, as words cannot describe how hyped I am for that SNES style F-Zero course! :bouncy:

And all we've seen of it so far is this:

IFnfCvz.jpg

Seeing it in motion/playing it is probably going to make me pass out. :heh:

:yay:

Mario Kart 8 DLC Trailer - Yoshi Circuit (GCN), Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and New Vehicle

105171920141022_074311_0_big.jpg

mk8-dlc-yoshi-circuit.jpg

mk8-dlc_s-2-1.jpg

105171920141022_074311_1_big.jpg

105171920141022_074311_2_big.jpg

105171920141022_074311_3_big.jpg

mk8-dlc_s-5-1.jpg

Japan getting Mario Kart 8 DLC cards on 31st October (1,200 Yen each)

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

GameXplain have been quick off the mark with their analysis of the video.

I haven't had a chance to watch it but I was pausing the trailer earlier to see if there was any new vehicle hiding inside of Mario Motor's workshop. Sadly there isn't.

Yoshi Circuit is my favourite eve track so absolutely delighted about that. Hugely disappointing final kart though!

Now bring on Baby Park Ride!

Yoshi Circuit is my favourite eve track so absolutely delighted about that. Hugely disappointing final kart though!

Now bring on Baby Park Ride!

The Excitebike track might replace Baby Park. I think the Jeep looks fine, we need variety.

Fantastic track! Doesn't look like there are any anti-grav additions tho.

There's nowhere to incorporate anti-gravity on this track without changing it dramatically.

What do you mean "though", that's a good thing. Don't fuck with perfection! :)

Not gonna argue there :)

Not every track needs it and apart from cosmetics and the bump boosts it doesn't make much difference anyway!

If they were to have an anti-gravity section in this it could be an underwater shortcut beneath the island perhaps.

Also hoping for Baby Park and Choco Mountain!

Choco Mountain or any of the Choco Islands from the SNES game would be amazing.

Choco Mountain or any of the Choco Islands from the SNES game would be amazing.
Imagine if they did Choco Island 2 with its huge puddle, and the characters/karts actually got covered in chocolate when driving through that section. :love:

And the music, oh man...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Would be incredible if they recorded a live version of that. :awesome:

Would be amazing!

The SNES game definitely needs more love in this DLC. Doughnut Plains and the Mario Circuit retro track from MK8 were gorgeous regardless of their simplicity. Ok Mario Circuit was GBA but it may as well have been SNES.

The important question is, is the little tunnel shortcut from Double Dash back in this one? I was disappointed in MKDS when they removed that shortcut

Imagine if they did Choco Island 2 with its huge puddle, and the characters/karts actually got covered in chocolate when driving through that section. :love:

But that would mean you won't be able to determine the difference between the multicoloured characters like yoshi, shy-guy, mario and peach, right?

Omg, so happy about this. It's my all-time favourite track from any game and I thought we'd never see it again considering it had been re-made on DS!

This opens the floodgates to loads of amazing retro tracks again! Personally, I'd love to see Sky Garden come back now too :D

But that would mean you won't be able to determine the difference between the multicoloured characters like yoshi, shy-guy, mario and peach, right?
Not necessarily. It could just be the lower half of the character/vehicle that gets splattered in choc, and it could then gradually disappear when driving over the rest of the track, similar to how the characters currently dry off after having been underwater. ;)

What do you mean "though", that's a good thing. Don't fuck with perfection! :)

They already did by fucking around with Royal Raceway. Biggest disappointment since Battle Mode. No worries though, it'll probably go back in the next Mario Kart. I'm hoping the anti-grav won't last.

... And?

So long as you know who you're controlling, which colour aside will be obvious due to the placing on the screen, it don't matter shit what colour everyone else is.

Also, "like Mario and Peach", the cat ears would give it away if it's that much of an issue.

I actually meant pinkgold peach and metal mario, but yeah both you guys are right, doesn't matter that much.

Even if it did cover the whole character and you are trying to aim for a specific enemy (like for instance in GP, Blue Yoshi is your main competitor for first place, Red Yoshi is placed last), of course it would make it harder when you don't know which Yoshi you see in front of you.

But then again, that would be kind of a nice added touch :)

Blue Yoshi is your main competitor for first place, Red Yoshi is placed last), of course it would make it harder when you don't know which Yoshi you see in front of you.

If the Red Yoshi is last, then it would be behind you?