NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I had an absolute blast playing this last night. I haven't played it since finishing it in June and it was great getting back into it. I forgot how colourful and vibrant the game was.

I just played online and had races with random peeps. I was actually gonna join in with the league but I didn't have the 3rd group leader on my friend list, so I didn't bother.

The game played as it always has, coins when I was in front, while being pelted with every weapon under the sun. :D

I beg to differ but I learnt a couple of things. For one I didn't know you could dodge it with a well timed mushroom.
I'm surprised anyone on here could be unaware of that, I clearly don't post enough GIFs. :heh:

Here, have a fresh one (with a twist, as I was in 2nd place at the time! ;)):

I had an absolute blast playing this last night. I haven't played it since finishing it in June and it was great getting back into it. I forgot how colourful and vibrant the game was.

I just played online and had races with random peeps. I was actually gonna join in with the league but I didn't have the 3rd group leader on my friend list, so I didn't bother.

The game played as it always has, coins when I was in front, while being pelted with every weapon under the sun. :D

Awesome stuff, glad to see you're enjoying MK8 once again. : peace:

I beg to differ but I learnt a couple of things. For one I didn't know you could dodge it with a well timed mushroom.

Well, I beg to agree.

As far as I'm concerned, he's right on the money.

Dominating a race with no chance of anyone catching up is not fun. I have done it many times. When that happens, I might as well be playing Time Trials.

Yes, I do let out a big "NOOOOOOO!" when the blue shell appears, but I would never want it to be dropped from Mario Kart. Because it creates exciting races.

Except for when some jerk saves it for the absolute last moment of a race. I know some of you do that. Don't try and deny it!

I managed to evade a blue shell with a mushroom for the first time ever this week. It was glorious

I managed to evade a blue shell with a mushroom for the first time ever this week. It was glorious

Congrats, I've never once had the opportunity to do so.

Never had a mushroom when a blue shell came around to deliver spiky justice to me in this Mario Kart.

I think people moaning about the items are perhaps playing the wrong game? It's Mario Kart not Gran Turismo. Multiplayer, especially local or with friends online, is all about one of them doing you in just before the end. You scream, you yell, and then come the next race... you get revenge.

By the way, for those wondering about the stats for the AdCars:

300 SL Roadster = Standard Kart / Prancer / Cat Cruiser / Sneeker / The Duke / Teddy Buggy

W 25 Silver Arrow = Pipe Frame / Wild Wiggler

GLA = Bandwagon / TriSpeeder / Steel Driver / Standard ATV

GLA Tires = Standard / Blue Standard / Offroad / Retro Offroad

Edited by Cube

By the way, for those wondering about the stars for the AdCars:

300 SL Roadster = Standard Kart / Prancer / Cat Cruiser / Sneeker / The Duke / Teddy Buggy

W 25 Silver Arrow = Pipe Frame / Wild Wiggler

GLA = Bandwagon / TriSpeeder / Steel Driver / Standard ATV

GLA Tires = Standard / Blue Standard / Offroad / Retro Offroad

That explains why I like the Silver Arrow so much.

I kinda wish they had unique stats though.

At least in any case, I hope the paid DLC vehicles have a few unique stats.

It'd make them more interesting, as long as they're not too broken.

The sound the Mercs make is pretty cool.

I'm surprised anyone on here could be unaware of that, I clearly don't post enough GIFs. :heh:

Here, have a fresh one (with a twist, as I was in 2nd place at the time! ;)):

I just never knew and I doubt I'd have much chance to. Normally have a banana, coins or green shell in that position. But it's good to know if it ever arises.

This is something I've wondered since MK7 - how is your win/loss count calculated?

Is it - how I always theorised - your # of wins is the # of players you've finished ahead of, and the # of losses is the # of players you've finished behind?

I knew there was still hope. I never gave up.

Next week - Baby Luigi theme.

after you buy both packs you have to restart the game.

I bought the DLC from the Nintendo STore, not the eShop.

I got an update from them yesterday saying due to a technical issue, people who bought from the store weren't able to claim the bonuses, told me to just buy the DLC from the eShop and cancelled my order. ::shrug:

I actually find it kind of schocking they went with Dry Bowser instead of Funky Kong or another more well-known character like Boo or something....

I mean, Dry Bowser.....come on....

I actually find it kind of schocking they went with Dry Bowser instead of Funky Kong or another more well-known character like Boo or something....

I mean, Dry Bowser.....come on....

Or Diddy Kong.

Or Goomba #4

:p

Since starting frantic mode, I find the normal races to be somewhat boring. Damn the awesome random carnage of it

I agree that the DLC character selection could have been better (still very happy with what we're getting though, and the value of it :))

Personally I would've preferred something like:

Pack 1 = Birdo, Kirby, Link.

Pack 2 = Villager, Isabelle, Captain Falcon. (might as well, seeing as Blue Falcon is in :heh:)

Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser should really just be options of their main character slot (like the different coloured Yoshi/Shy Guy). Actually, they should move Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach to Mario and Peach's character slots too. ;)

*EDIT*

Good games last night, @Hero\-of\-Time.

Especially that Rainbow Road race, I'm glad there was no Spiny Shell during that one, as you were right on my tail throughout!

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

*EDIT*

Good games last night, @Hero\-of\-Time.

Especially that Rainbow Road race, I'm glad there was no Spiny Shell during that one, as you were right on my tail throughout!

: peace:

I didn't even realise you had joined me. I was sitting playing Knack in between races ( multitasking gaming FTW ), so I wasn't watching the start screen. I knew Wario was in the game but it took a few races to see it was you.

That one on Tick Tock Clock was hilarious. I could see your icon making it's way towards me. I was really in panic mode and was just glad I had that green shell covering my butt throughout the race. :D

Pack 2 = Villager, Isabelle, Captain Falcon. (might as well, seeing as Blue Falcon is in :heh:)

That would be the most saddest thing to see ever: The Face of the F-Zero Grand Prix trying to fit into a tiny kart, knees sticking out and all that, not even coming close to the speed he is used to in his REAL Blue Falcon...

That would be the most saddest thing to see ever: The Face of the F-Zero Grand Prix trying to fit into a tiny kart, knees sticking out and all that, not even coming close to the speed he is used to in his REAL Blue Falcon...
:laughing::bowdown:

Want to see it even more now. :hehe:

@Hero\-of\-Time

I am very impressed with your multi task gaming. I remember you doing it during Monster Hunter.

:laughing::bowdown:

Want to see it even more now. :hehe:

:laughing:

Might as well give him a whiskey bottle in one hand and make him a joke character/track hazard flailing all across the screen shouting: WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?!

Not sure if this has been posted...

aYpw1gw_700b_v1.jpg

Just thought it was funny

Had someone come over the other day and specifically request to play as Luigi on MK8 to see the death stare. Power of viral advertising.

Anyone fancy playing right now? Could do with some more players. If you haven't got me on your friend list just search for a global custom race set to 150cc speed and Frantic items :D