NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Yeah Ia gree with @Cube's point about the Mario Kart name being too strong.

What I would like to see is a mode 7 style eShop title, which is similar to the older games. Now THAT could be Nintendo Kart :D

They should obviously eventually make a cross-over with Smash and have you race 3 laps and then have you jump out of your kart/bike, then the camera changes to fit the Smash style and you can have yourself a good ol' Smashfest.

May have already been mentioned, but has anyone noticed the "Next Race" option is now the default rather than viewing the highlights?

yes-yes-yes-o.gif

May have already been mentioned, but has anyone noticed the "Next Race" option is now the default rather than viewing the highlights?

yes-yes-yes-o.gif

Awww, that's cute. He didn't realise we all knew it already.

Since downloading the DLC, I have had terrible trouble staying connected online. It's gone from maybe one error every eight races to one every race.

Also: The rubber banding is out of control. Every single race on 150cc I have been hit with a shell before the finish line. Every. Single. Race.

Thanks for rendering my game unplayable, you asshats.

Edited by Iun

Since downloading the DLC, I have had terrible trouble staying connected online. It's gone from maybe one error every eight races to one every race.

Also: The rubber banding is out of control. Every single race on 150cc I have been hit with a shell before the finish line. Every. Single. Race.

Thanks for rendering my game unplayable, you asshats.

Odd. I've had no issues since.

And the only time that sort of thing happened to me in a race was when I was playing Frantic Mode.

I haven't had any issues either!

And I only recently got into frantic mode. Played it for the first time a few days ago and it was great fun with about 8 people, but ever since I've only managed to get 2 or 3 other racers for it at best :(

I've a question regarding the DLC and online. Will we be able to choose these courses online? Will it search out only other players that have bought the DLC and won't that make it harder to find players of similar experience points? Or will it search for players as normal and the tracks will only be an option if everybody in the group has purchased the relevant DLC pack? I can't see them letting players who don't own the DLC play the tracks for free online. Scratch that last bit, surely they can't if they're not saved to their system. I don't expect any of ye will have the answer but it will be interesting to find out how it will work.

Edited by Wii

I've a question regarding the DLC and online. Will we be able to choose these courses online? Will it search out only other players that have bought the DLC and won't that make it harder to find players of similar experience points? Or will it search for players as normal and the tracks will only be an option if everybody in the group has purchased the relevant DLC pack? I can't see them letting players who don't own the DLC play the tracks for free online. Scratch that last bit, surely they can't if they're not saved to their system. I don't expect any of ye will have the answer but it will be interesting to find out how it will work.

We will be unable to answer this until November

Being a huge Animal Crossing fan, I love the inclusion of the Villager and Isabelle. Anyone else think that the Villager just fits the style of the game in this image.

fdtZnlA.jpg

I have ordered the 2 packs and am enjoying the free Mercs and coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys.

Being a huge Animal Crossing fan, I love the inclusion of the Villager and Isabelle. Anyone else think that the Villager just fits the style of the game in this image.

fdtZnlA.jpg

I have ordered the 2 packs and am enjoying the free Mercs and coloured Yoshis and Shy Guys.

Yeah, Animal Crossing fits perfectly, it has that vibe. Starfox, Kirby or Ice Climbers would fit too. There's something jarring and that doesn't sit right with seeing Link there though. I'm glad he's there I think but it's very strange. It would be equally strange seeing Samus if she arrives.

Yeah, Animal Crossing fits perfectly, it has that vibe. Starfox, Kirby or Ice Climbers would fit too. There's something jarring and that doesn't sit right with seeing Link there though. I'm glad he's there I think but it's very strange. It would be equally strange seeing Samus if she arrives.

I remember seeing a video with kirby mixed with mario kart... a few speculted kirby could be on the roster... Is that all my imagination?

I remember seeing a video with kirby mixed with mario kart... a few speculted kirby could be on the roster... Is that all my imagination?

Perhaps you meant this. He wasn't really karting though.

For me, the fact that he doesn't fit makes it more appealing! Kinda like the Mercedes. I like awkward inclusions.

Plus, how can you not smile at the thought of Link doing tricks on a Motorbike while shouting "HYAAAGH!"?

I think people would feel better with Link if they had chosen a better design

main.png

Whatever they've changed, it's totally broken the game online. The item balance is worse, virtually everything is a lottery now. I'm just not bothering with this anymore, I've just gone from first to last in five races in a row, the rubber banding is now insane. It's like they've made everything so much worse. Franchise ruined.

Whatever they've changed, it's totally broken the game online. The item balance is worse, virtually everything is a lottery now. I'm just not bothering with this anymore, I've just gone from first to last in five races in a row, the rubber banding is now insane. It's like they've made everything so much worse. Franchise ruined.

From what I've read, they haven't touched item balance...

Are you sure you weren't playing frantic mode?

Rubber banding? You playing Grand Prix?

I think you're just going mad. The items are exactly the same.

I think people would feel better with Link if they had chosen a better design

main.png

How'd I not think of that? Totally agree.

From what I've read, they haven't touched item balance...

Are you sure you weren't playing frantic mode?

How do you even know if you're playing 'frantic' mode? I didn't see any options for that. I've just done five races and got hammered. On Tuesday before the patch I did around 15 races and won every single one. It feels insane now as if t6he game is totally out of your control.

How do you even know if you're playing 'frantic' mode? I didn't see any options for that. I've just done five races and got hammered. On Tuesday before the patch I did around 15 races and won every single one. It feels insane now as if t6he game is totally out of your control.

I would just put it down to bad luck.

Happens to everyone.

I would just put it down to bad luck.

Happens to everyone.

Indeed. Happened to me the day before the update

OK, to anyone else that uploads a lot of highlight videos to Youtube directly from the game.

Do you find it annoying that you get copyright notices if you have the music on in the replay? I mean, Nintendo are allowing us to upload the video directly from the game to youtube so I don't see why we should have those videos should get labelled with the notice. I know it is not affecting them being viewed but it is annoying, and I get this is probably just an automated thing by youtube. Most the time I try to just have sound effects only anyway.

Design Club - The Blue Shell - Why Mario Kart's Most Hated Item Makes It Better[VIDEO]

I beg to differ but I learnt a couple of things. For one I didn't know you could dodge it with a well timed mushroom.