NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Holy shiz! :o

Talk about the motherlode! :bouncy:

16 new courses!? MOTHER OF GOD! That's a whole new game's worth of tracks! :o

And £7 a pack!? That's ridiculously cheap!

Can we even call it "Mario" Kart anymore with them starting to add non-Mario characters now?

I shudder to think how many EAD staff Nintendo has spent on this game at this point for spending a whole year on making DLC though... How many could've been put on a whole new game instead... :shakehead

Edited by Dcubed

so

Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

Blue Falcon + 3 more

Presumably Hyrule castle/other link themed track for the new tracks, Wario's mine for the retro?

I missed Mario Galaxy, are there any Mario Galaxy inspired tracks in the regular tracks? if not, maybe we'll have some this time round - with the gravity gimmick it seems a good fit... and for old tracks, the snes tracks were a little under represented. Including confirmed Wario Mine adding 1 for Wii we have:

N64 4

DS 3

3DS 3

Wii 3

GCN 2

Snes 1

GBA 1

so 7 versions, 24 tracks. 3 tracks for 4 versions, 4 tracks for 3 versions.

By that reckoning, I'd say it's reasonable to hope for a couple GBA and Snes tracks as well as a GCN track.

then the other two coming from any version other than the N64.

I wonder if Amiibos will tie into this? I think Mario Kart was on the list of compatible games at E3. Aren't they launching around November as well?

Little bits of F-Zero treats every now and then.

On the one hand, yaaay because more content for Mario Kart.

On the other hand, does this information just kill the likelihood or an F Zero appearing on the WiiU?

They've already got the track design in places, the whole inversion thing...if the Blue Falcom is included in this along with a track from the series, then it doesn't exactly bode well.

They've already got the track design in places, the whole inversion thing...if the Blue Falcom is included in this along with a track from the series, then it doesn't exactly bode well.

Unless they find lots of people playing the track and using the Blue Falcon...

F-Zero is a different game to MK, no weapons, the boost feature is very different. It is more skill based with a much lower amount of luck required.

There is definitely still room for F-Zero.

Having said that, I don't want an F-zero yet, we have mario kart, someone else said about duplication of genres. It would be quite nice if they announce F-Zero U next E3, maybe coming out 2015. We can still dream.

Incredible news but a. Gutting this couldn't have been unveiled properly b. fucking MAY!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

It does make me a bit sad that this is basically all the F-Zero and Excitebike/Truck we're likely to see on Wii U... because you know, they can't think of a gimmick...

Also I do hope Nintendo go all out and create Smash Kart on their next console... even if separate to Mario Kart, and crazier!

original.jpg?w=600&h

But...

Yeah I need this!!!!

Edited by Retro_Link

New weapons please too , bring back the mega mushroom , cloud and pow block and the game would be perfect .

you know.. I think this is good.

We know the racers.. we know one of the vehicles (the other 5 is it, remain a mystery... will we have an epona kart? :D) we know one and two half tracks.

they've released a bit of info, now we have a couple of months to get excited about it, while waiting for hyrule warriors and smash bros. Building momentum a little, prepping for Christmas. Also, maybe this is why Captain toad got shoved back, they didn't want him being overlooked thanks to Mariokart 8.5!

How awesome would Kirby and a Star kart, Samus and a Gunship kart, Pikachu and a Pokeball kart, and Fox and an Arwing kart be in this too! :D

And a Lon Lon Milk cart for Link ;)

Edited by Retro_Link

Nintendo once again showing the world the right way to do DLC!! :D

Dry Bowser was one of the only characters I missed from previous Mario Kart games (alongside Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.), and now we're getting him PLUS so many other awesome new additions! And the new racing courses! And the vehicles! I'M SO EXCITED!

(I was just about to fall asleep when I saw this... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FALL ASLEEP NOW?!)

I'm getting a little worried these are fake ? With all the hacking going on it's possible someone could have hacked the uk store with a listing and a mock up pic ? Or am

I worrying too much ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

I'm getting a little worries these are fake ? With all the hacking going on it's possible someone could have hacked the uk store with a listing and a mock up pic ? It am

I worrying too much ?

Yes you are.

Dry Bowser really bugs me, like Metal Mario. Bit of a sucky DLC character IMO.

But everything else, WA-HOO!

So do we think the cups will be the same as those rumoured ones?

Now Nintendo, bring the second dlc to 3 months later, add in some battle mode arenas, rebalance the weapons a tad and allow every amiibo to be in the game! You'll sell a ton, and really give people a reason to buy those amiibos

Another Mario and Peach? Including the babies, that's four of each character at this point, haha. That said, I like them. Would have preferred Cat Toad or Captain Toad, though.

someday_in_mario_kart_17_by_thebourgyman-d7mnc50.jpg

The funniest part is that Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach aren't even in this image.

Still, oooh, more characters, including Link and Animal Crossing characters. Neat.

Oooooh, more vehicle parts, including F-Zero’s Blue Falcon. Also neat.

Oooooooh, more stages, including stuff from F-Zero, ExciteBike, The Legend of Zelda and Animal Cro… wait.

Behind that squirrel. Is that… is that Joey the Duck? Is that my favourite Animal Crossing villager, Joey the Duck?

ohsnapitsjoey.png

Yeah-baby-joey.gif

...By which I mean that that, too, along with the stages, is also neat.

Boy, I sure am gonna look silly if that isn't actually Joey the Duck. Well, sillier, I mean.

Wow, what amazing news! I always wanted Mario Kart DLC, but this is much more than I could have hoped for. So excited to get my hands on these... I just hope there's a bit of time between the first DLC and Smash Bros, or I won't be able to choose between them when I switch my Wii U!