NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

The online is going to be interesting now, as they'll no doubt have to start sorting out players not just by their scores but by how much money they've spent. As I doubt it'll offer non-paid people the choice of driving a new track.

There is a ghost house track but it's rubbish and very forgettable. Give me the SNES tracks over it any day.

How dare thee! Twisted Mansion is awesome.

Those four new icons are styled similar to how the original eight are on the tracks themselves. I just played Mount Wario and there was a Star Cup logo with that same checkered flag and gold MK writing. I think it's probably just leftover assets but you never know.

There'll definitely be DLC tracks though, once they feel sufficient time has passed for sales to need a boost.

I have read that those cup icons have DLC in their filenames. So I'm remaining optimistic.

The online is going to be interesting now, as they'll no doubt have to start sorting out players not just by their scores but by how much money they've spent. As I doubt it'll offer non-paid people the choice of driving a new track.

Or they'll just do what Mario Golf did.

Why I can't play against random people who got the DLC holes is beyond me...

I'd like to see Ghost Valley 1 and I'd also like DK Mountain from Double Dash make a return.

There's so many I'd like to see but so few spaces. There's a few in MK8 that I don't care for.

DK Mountain was in MKWii. Where it should stay...

Play & Win: The UK Mario Kart 8 Championship, Heat One, Is On Saturday 16th August

The first step to being National Champion

Recently we announced that, in partnership with the Official Nintendo UK Store, we'll be running the Mario Kart 8 Championship 2014 in the UK, looking for the country's fastest racer who'll receive some fantastic prizes.

This Championship will kick off with four online Heats, with the top three in each of those Tournaments then progressing to the live final at EGX London on Saturday 27th September. It's worth remembering that those that qualify will receive travel and accommodation expenses for the event, so even if you weren't planning to go to EGX this could be your ticket in.

The first Heat is now just hours away. Participants must be using a UK Wii U, with the key details below.

Time — Saturday, 16th August 2014, between 4:00pm and 8:00pm UK time

Tournament Code — 2876-5853-5012

Rules — 150cc, All items, All control methods, Hard CPU

There will be multiple prizes on offer at the EGX finale, though the grand prize is worth racing for — the winner receives a boxed copy of every new game published by Nintendo for Wii U which is released in the calendar year following 27th September, £100 of Nintendo eShop credit and more.

For full details of the event, advice on multiple entrants using the same Wii U, and to register so that you receive email reminders, head on over to the Championship hub page.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/play_and_win_the_uk_mario_kart_8_championship_heat_one_is_on_saturday_16th_august

It's great that they're doing this but once again the Irish get screwed. We're not allowed enter which is wrong. This is an official event in conjunction with Nintendo. It's meant to be UK & Ireland. It says so on their site. We're good enough for them to take our money but after that we can get lost.

Question.

When on Miiverse I sometimes see posts with a Highlight tag. Where or how is this done? I can't seem to figure it out. Most are usually on screenshots and it is not one I can select from the small list.

How do you collect the last two stamps?

I did all the Time Trails and got 3 stars in every Grand Prix.

Does it involve coins?

How do you collect the last two stamps?

I did all the Time Trails and got 3 stars in every Grand Prix.

Does it involve coins?

You won a GP with every character?

I have one stamp to get. This may be what I need to do. I don't' think I have every played as everyone in a GP. Though now i'm just gonna have to go through them all one at a time so I know I get them all.

Been having fun just trying to get some funny/decent screenshots lately too.

x83Zws1.jpg

If you look through the stamps you should just be able to see which character doesn't have one? Might be quicker than replaying with every character :D

If you look through the stamps you should just be able to see which character doesn't have one? Might be quicker than replaying with every character :D

Thanks. And it was quicker, after figuring it out, I just needed Iggy.

I decided to return to Mario Kart 8 this morning in an attempt to get 3 stars in the remaining 3 cups, namely 150cc Special Cup and Lightning Cup and also Mirror Lightning Cup.

I made a silly error on the final corner of Rainbow Road in the special cup that saw me overtaken at the line.. though I did beat it next time :heh: The Lightning Cup, though, seems to be the one giving me a bit more trouble. I usually win the first 3 races relatively comfortably, even if I dislike Piranha Plant Pipeway, but I keep finding myself in 2nd place during N64 Rainbow Road and never feeling like I ever have an opportunity to reach whoever is in first :hmm:

I decided to return to Mario Kart 8 this morning in an attempt to get 3 stars in the remaining 3 cups, namely 150cc Special Cup and Lightning Cup and also Mirror Lightning Cup.

I made a silly error on the final corner of Rainbow Road in the special cup that saw me overtaken at the line.. though I did beat it next time :heh: The Lightning Cup, though, seems to be the one giving me a bit more trouble. I usually win the first 3 races relatively comfortably, even if I dislike Piranha Plant Pipeway, but I keep finding myself in 2nd place during N64 Rainbow Road and never feeling like I ever have an opportunity to reach whoever is in first :hmm:

N64 Rainbow Road is tricky on 150cc, if you get a good item, say 3 red shells, sit on them all race in second until the last part of the race and then take out the guy in 1st.

Got to be very clever with your items for that one.

N64 Rainbow Road is tricky on 150cc, if you get a good item, say 3 red shells, sit on them all race in second until the last part of the race and then take out the guy in 1st.

Got to be very clever with your items for that one.

You can't really be too clever when all you get are coins and bananas in 2nd place.. :heh:

I finished it off tonight anyway without much bother so all that's really left now is to venture into the world of online and eventually unlock the gold glider.. at least until some DLC arrives, hopefully : peace:

You can't really be too clever when all you get are coins and bananas in 2nd place.. :heh:

I finished it off tonight anyway without much bother so all that's really left now is to venture into the world of online and eventually unlock the gold glider.. at least until some DLC arrives, hopefully : peace:

You could always join the league that guy organises, forgot his name.

You could always join the league that guy organises, forgot his name.

If I'm available next Thursday night, I might join in : peace: I played online this morning for the first time since I got the game, really, and it was good fun :hehe:

I've been using the custom race option to change items to frantic for online... It's way better :D You all should try it next time you play!

I've been using the custom race option to change items to frantic for online... It's way better :D You all should try it next time you play!
I take it that's what you were playing on when I joined you earlier, 'cos those games were mental! :heh:

Your Mii and VR looked a little different to me though:

wPHNYCS.jpg

...have you made another Mii/profile for frantic sessions? ;)

Actually I was playing at @Josh64's house and my Mii there is a bit lighter since he doesn't get out much :D

Looking forward to the update tomorrow, they definitely need to fix some areas of the online now.

That glitch where people hit with an item don't slow down seems to be happening a lot more frequently these days. icon13.gif I've also got another MKTV moment from last night where I clearly cross the finish line in 1st (my kart is completely over the line, whereas the player next to me is still touching it) but I got 2nd place! :heh:

Actually I was playing at @Josh64's house and my Mii there is a bit lighter since he doesn't get out much :D
I see. :)

That was frantic mode though, right?

Looking forward to the update tomorrow, they definitely need to fix some areas of the online now.

That glitch where people hit with an item don't slow down seems to be happening a lot more frequently these days. icon13.gif I've also got another MKTV moment from last night where I clearly cross the finish line in 1st (my kart is completely over the line, whereas the player next to me is still touching it) but I got 2nd place! :heh:

I'm just hoping the update comes with some new roller style tyres that boost acceleration but don't look as bad as the roller wheels. I can't remember if we picked Frantic mode or not but if you're on tonight then I'll play some more with Frantic items. Bullet bill trains are a common sight :D

I have had it on many occassions whereby im first and some how I end up being second. Also I always thought it seemed the case that everyone else seems to recover getting hit very quickly.

I can understand it online, but I was playing with my nephew, he came 4th, it said he was in 4th, he crossed the line in 4th, the computer stated and showed very clearly he was in 4th. Then on the results page, it pushed him down to 5th for the race :D This was a local multiplayer game, I watched it happen! he was pretty annoyed, but he held onto his second position overall... but I just find it surprising that the game can in the race give you 4th, then in the results claim you came 5th! almost like they have stewards like in F1!