NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just post in the league thread saying you want to play, get assigned a group, add the host and show up at the scheduled time. That's all.

WwVGERo.pngHQhaXNq.pngLjkLJ8H.png

Nintendo JP twitter says these cars will be part of an update released on the 27th of this month along with the ability to add the map to the tv screen

8/27 update to add map display on the TV screen, 3 free Mercedes-Benz karts: GLA, W25 Silver Arrow, 300 SL Roadster.

Default menu selection following GP changing to next race. Last used kart customization added to save. Edit others' highlights.
Records screen w/ total coins, online win-loss record, character selection rates, etc. being added. Improved online stability.

Edited by Helmsly

A nice update but the stuff like stat tracking and the map being on screen should have been there in the first place.

A nice update but the stuff like stat tracking and the map being on screen should have been there in the first place.

Yes, but they weren't, but are now being added

I never get this line of thinking.

I just hope the map is optional. I don't want it cluttering up my screen.

Edited by Serebii

Game is great, stat tracking and map on-screen will make it greater. Can't complain about any of the stuff in the patch including those crazy cars.

Can't really complain about free stuff. There will always be people that are never satisfied though.

Yes, the map ought to have been there at the start and now it is going to be.

Hilarious. :laughing:

It's just so wrong that it somehow ends up being right. :D

Loving the sound of the rest of this update too.

The best game on Wii U just got even better. :awesome:

Here's hoping we get the update soon in Europe, and not 2015. :indeed:

Hilarious. :laughing:

It's just so wrong that it somehow ends up being right. :D

Loving the sound of the rest of this update too.

The best game on Wii U just got even better. :awesome:

Here's hoping we get the update soon in Europe, and not 2015. :indeed:

I'd assume, for global compatibility, we're also getting it August 27th :p

I never get this line of thinking.

It's not hard to grasp. The fact that something like a map and stats were in the other versions yet absent from this one was baffling. It's not as if I said it was a bad update, just that they are adding features that should have been present in the first place.

Once again you go in defensive mode over a trivial comment.

I'd assume, for global compatibility, we're also getting it August 27th :p
You'd assume, yeah. But I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to forget about Europe again. :heh:

I'm surprised that they're going back on their word about the map... I hope there's an option to get rid of it, because I like the tension you get from not knowing how far behind everyone else is...

Stats screen is much appreciated though :)

Seems from the reactions on here that Nintendo are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

A good update. Not sure about those cars, though. The Silver Arrow looks like the one that fits the most, the others just seem a bit out of place, imo. Still, free stuff, wooo.

You'd assume, yeah. But I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to forget about Europe again. :heh:

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK · 9m

3 Mercedes-Benz karts will be available in Mario Kart 8 as free add-on content from 27/08

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK · 6m

A new software update will be released on 27/08 for Mario Kart 8 allowing you to have a course map on the TV.

The cars look cool and I'm glad about the news about putting a map on screen, looking down at the Gamepad is so cumbersome and I sit too far away from my telly to be able to tell what's happening on the map when I put it on the stand. Now if only Nintendo would patch in 1 person playing on Gamepad with the others split on the TV...

The cars look cool and I'm glad about the news about putting a map on screen, looking down at the Gamepad is so cumbersome and I sit too far away from my telly to be able to tell what's happening on the map when I put it on the stand. Now if only Nintendo would patch in 1 person playing on Gamepad with the others split on the TV...

And a decent Battle Mode. Do that and they're golden. Nice update none the less.

Official English patch details

Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races

Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall

Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event

The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”

The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down

Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience

Good patches. I still hope that the models and textures for the DLC karts are in the add-on and not the patch.

Good patches. I still hope that the models and textures for the DLC karts are in the add-on and not the patch.

They are a part of the patch, not DLC you download elsewhere.

Between 27th August and 23rd September, Nintendo and Mercedes-Benz will also host an online worldwide “Mercedes Cup” tournament. All competitors need is a Wii U console, Mario Kart 8, a broadband Internet connection and the Mercedes-Benz karts. Access to the “Mercedes Cup” in the game can be found in the online tournament section.

Ooh, that'd be weird :p

They are a part of the patch, not DLC you download elsewhere.

Well, that sucks.

Well, that sucks.

Yeah, I hate it when they make things easier to download.

It's not hard to grasp. The fact that something like a map and stats were in the other versions yet absent from this one was baffling. It's not as if I said it was a bad update, just that they are adding features that should have been present in the first place.

Once again you go in defensive mode over a trivial comment.

I do think you're being a little negative.

Obviously Mario Kart 8 was a disappointment after Mario Kart Wii. No on screen map, no stat tracking, a major step backward with the presentation of the stats for the time trials and the way you interact with your friends' ghosts. And don't even get me started on the online stability, friend options and item balance...

However, at least Nintendo are patching it. They are listening to feed back and improving the product, so at least they are turning a corner in that respect.

If I have anything to complain about, it's the fact this patch took so damn long!