NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Everytime you didn't get 3 stars it's because you're rubbish, more like.

It does seem remiss that there isn't a reward for 3-starring everything. Didn't you unlock something in the Wii version?

I wouldn't say I was "rubbish" because a blue shell hit me at the last moment...

All you got in Wii was 3 stars appearing next to your name online. Nothing more.

So I've so far had about an hour on this, plus the League. My biggest gripe so far is the lack of map on the main screen, I never realised before how dependant I might have been on it in the past but it absolutely makes me suck without having it there, especially trying to race courses I don't even know! Were they trying to push the Gamepad in avoiding on the main screen or what??

The whole map on the gamepad hasn't really been an issue for me but I don't see why Nintendo won't just apply a patch to allow people the choice to put it on the screen if they like, also it could work the other way, so that you could put EVERYTHING on the gamepad leaving just the action on the top-screen... completely pointless perhaps but still, HUD-less Mario Kart in HD. : peace:

The biggest flaw of map on gamepad isn't that you have to look down... it's that only one of the four players gets one during local multiplayer.

Strange. Did you save it to Homepage?! I have the icon, but just opens up Safari!

Although already I want to beat those players... just should have ALL your friends... why is everything always gimped?!

It has all the ones who have chosen to upload their time (although it really should be automatic).

It has all the ones who have chosen to upload their time (although it really should be automatic).

But I know Redhsella nd tape deck HAVE uploaded their times!

I think I've figured it, and yeah, it's utterly gimped. There's only 6 times it displays, so it displays the times closest to you, and if there aren't that many then yeah there'll be more.

So I've so far had about an hour on this, plus the League. My biggest gripe so far is the lack of map on the main screen, I never realised before how dependant I might have been on it in the past but it absolutely makes me suck without having it there, especially trying to race courses I don't even know! Were they trying to push the Gamepad in avoiding on the main screen or what??

Play with the Pro Controller and stand your GamePad right under the TV. Job done :P

...so by now I have 2300 coins and unlocked the mirror cup. And I still haven't got the Pipe Frame, which is the only thing I've cared about unlocking.

Great game, where the only complaints are these types of nit-picks (Donkey Kongs voice sounds like he has... special needs, Yoshi too and I miss toads N64 voice), but man, are they annoying!

Why couldn't Nintendo just give us a shop where we can buy the stuff we want for our coins? And allow players to unlock retro voice sets? Then this game would be perfect (except for there only being preset phrases to chat with, but even then I'd say that the game is so near perfect that it doesen't matter).

Great game, where the only complaints are these types of nit-picks (Donkey Kongs voice sounds like he has... special needs, Yoshi too and I miss toads N64 voice), but man, are they annoying!

I happen to like Yoshi's voice. Especially when he shouts "Go, Potato" for no reason what-so-ever.

After 105 Rainbow Road time trials, 13 32 race Vs GPs and a bunch of online racing it is done!

image_zpsad6b2545.jpg

On the shelf you go.

After 105 Rainbow Road time trials, 13 32 race Vs GPs and a bunch of online racing it is done!

image_zpsad6b2545.jpg

On the shelf you go.

WELL DONE!!!

You not going to play online?!

WELL DONE!!!

You not going to play online?!

Hell no. I find it far too unbalanced and annoying. Plus the lack of voice chat kills it for me. Anyway, after grabbing 10,000 coins I feel I deserve a break. :D

Hell no. I find it far too unbalanced and annoying. Plus the lack of voice chat kills it for me. Anyway, after grabbing 10,000 coins I feel I deserve a break. :D

Really? I thought you were enjoying online? Also, lobby voice chat isn't too bad I don't think, as long as people actually talk!

Hang on a second.......

There's no voice chat in MK8??

Only in Private Lobby's and only in the lobby, not during races.

Play with the Pro Controller and stand your GamePad right under the TV. Job done :P

I considered it, but I wanted to voice chat whilst online and preferably not shouting across my living room due to my thin walls. It's such a basic oversight I can't even fathom why they did it.

Only in Private Lobby's and only in the lobby, not during races.

Thanks I know, I was just teasing

Felt the exact same last night online. Them stars I was getting after being knocked back were just laughable really. :(

image_zpsad6b2545.jpg

On the shelf you go.

Wow, that actually looks pretty stylish. Way better than 7's gaudy mess.

Felt the exact same last night online. Them stars I was getting after being knocked back were just laughable really. :(

I actually lost 2 places whilst I had a Star last night... on a straight!! :wtf:

Well, after nearly two weeks after launch, this is still me:

424.gif

I dare say the look in his eyes is pretty accurate.

Edit:

And wouldn't you fucking know it....

a mere minute after posting this...

IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!

1420.jpg

Return of the King BABY!

Edited by Fused King

image_zpsad6b2545.jpg

On the shelf you go.

What! no more H-O-T online?

How do you unlock those 3 items?

Think I'm done with this game, the online is so unbalanced it's ridiculous and that's all I really have left to play.

Can get £30 by selling it to a local shop, paid £37 for it sp essentially getting Wind Waker HD for £7, I'm happy with that.

What! no more H-O-T online?

How do you unlock those 3 items?

Get at least 1 star rating for every cup on 150cc and Mirror Mode.

Beat all staff ghosts in time trial.

Collect 10,000 coins.