NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

So the guy goes from 11th to 1st at colossal speed and you think that is exactly the same as how the gold mushroom is now?

I've done it before in this...

I don't rate the tracks all that much, I prefer all the prior Mario Karts to this one I think. Yet to take it online as it sounds tripe.

The tracks are awesome in this! Apart from the new rainbow road, it's awful.

The online however is shocking. So so bad. Why we can't just join a lobby all together I don't know.

Just joined Blade, spectated match, returned to lobby, everyone disconnects. Awesome!

From what I've read, if someone quits without selecting a track on global, then it sometimes disconnects everyone

The online however is shocking. So so bad. Why we can't just join a lobby all together I don't know.

You can every Thursday night, its called the N-E Mario Kart League.

Online aint shocking, works fine for me! :yay:

That disconnect bug will probably be patched soon. They fixed Pokemon fairly quickly, right?

That disconnect bug will probably be patched soon. They fixed Pokemon fairly quickly, right?

Yeah, two weeks.

Though this seems to be a server side thing, so I don't think it'll require patching on our end.

You can every Thursday night, its called the N-E Mario Kart League.

Online aint shocking, works fine for me! :yay:

But I don't want to play once a week.

I want to say send a text to @Zechs Merquise and be like you wanna game? Then join a lobby together.

But I don't want to play once a week.

I want to say send a text to @Zechs Merquise and be like you wanna game? Then join a lobby together.

Go round to his house and play local multiplayer instead, its the future!

Probably batter you to death with the gamepad if you beat him though, so on second thoughts, don't go round.

Bringing a bit of positivity to this thread, @Sprout posted this in the league thread

FlippantRevolvingAssassinbug.gif

I've done it before in this...

The only way you went from 11th to 1st in this using a golden mushroom is if the others players had started driving in the wrong direction.

Did none of you guys get the disconnects in Mario Kart Wii?

I have had a fair few in private friends matches in this game but I used to get them all of the time in the Wii game.

Also not getting the MKDD love from my memory this was where wider tracks and power up free for alls seemed to start. thinking of courses line baby park and daisy cruiser.

Mushrooms and stars do fuck all in this. That I can't chat is too much for me, the game is average at best I find. Poor tracks, feels slow, courses are too wide, poor item balancing, awful online experience... worst Mario Kart yet.

Edited by Kav

Did none of you guys get the disconnects in Mario Kart Wii?

I have had a fair few in private friends matches in this game but I used to get them all of the time in the Wii game.

Also not getting the MKDD love from my memory this was where wider tracks and power up free for alls seemed to start. thinking of courses line baby park and daisy cruiser.

Double Dash in general had very narrow tracks compared to the most recent games and especially compared to MK64. There weren't really any ridiculous open levels like Kalamari Desert. Yoshi Circuit was a great example of that; what I'd give to race on that track in a real kart ;) The fact it was easy to dodge blue shells and red shells made a huge difference imo.

Mushrooms and stars do fuck all in this. That I can't chat is too much for me, the game is average at best I find. Poor tracks, feels slow, courses are too wide, poor item balancing, awful online experience... worst Mario Kart yet.

It annoys the hell out of me. We had some cracking races there but it's soul less without the banter.

It annoys the hell out of me. We had some cracking races there but it's soul less without the banter.

I played with Zell the other night and I was literally screaming 'GOD DAMN THAT WAS MY OWN BANANA' but it's not the same if everyone else isn't pissing themselves with laughter :(

I have to disagree with you on the tracks. The tracks in this game are amazing. This is the only Mario Kart game where I don't groan when certain tracks are selected. The tracks are just spectacular

I have to disagree with you on the tracks. The tracks in this game are amazing. This is the only Mario Kart game where I don't groan when certain tracks are selected. The tracks are just spectacular

Yeah overall I like the tracks, although I do feel many of them would be better if they were much narrower. I love the airport level but if it was half as wide it'd be amazing.

On hearing the news that many are disappointed with the online features: Well, what did we expect? Nintendo haven't got it right on many occasions and even though this is the top tier game, they still couldn't get it right. This is really as good as it's going to get with them, as the only other MASSIVE multiplayer title I can think of is Super Smash Bros.

As for me, I prefer the game to MKWii. The track designs are much better, imo. It's actually more fun to race. But, I also agree with what the majority of people are saying. The tracks are very wide, some of the items are useless and the lack of voice chat is a huge, huge blow. For me, there's just not a lot of reasons to go back to the game as there's no additional modes to add variety. I'd kill for some kind of story or challenge mode, just something to keep drawing players in.

On hearing the news that many are disappointed with the online features: Well, what did we expect? Nintendo haven't got it right on many occasions and even though this is the top tier game, they still couldn't get it right. This is really as good as it's going to get with them, as the only other MASSIVE multiplayer title I can think of is Super Smash Bros.

As for me, I prefer the game to MKWii. The track designs are much better, imo. It's actually more fun to race. But, I also agree with what the majority of people are saying. The tracks are very wide, some of the items are useless and the lack of voice chat is a huge, huge blow. For me, there's just not a lot of reasons to go back to the game as there's no additional modes to add variety. I'd kill for some kind of story or challenge mode, just something to keep drawing players in.

Surely a story or challenge mode wouldn't keep drawing people back in, but would draw them in once and once only...

Double Dash in general had very narrow tracks compared to the most recent games and especially compared to MK64. There weren't really any ridiculous open levels like Kalamari Desert. Yoshi Circuit was a great example of that; what I'd give to race on that track in a real kart ;) The fact it was easy to dodge blue shells and red shells made a huge difference imo.

That track was good but was there another? (Genuinely asking because I can't remember.)

All I do remember was liking the game the least of any mario kart game because most of the tracks were dull and wanting to play other local multiplayer games a lot more whenever we had a session. (Melee and time splitters)

Edit: how could you dodge blue shells?

Surely a story or challenge mode wouldn't keep drawing people back in, but would draw them in once and once only...

How do you figure that? Since when does Smash campaign stop people from coming back later for regular VS mode?

How do you figure that? Since when does Smash campaign stop people from coming back later for regular VS mode?

I meant for that mode.

Which brings the question, based on your logic, how would a challenge mode/story mode keep drawing people in to play VS?

I meant for that mode.

Which brings the question, based on your logic, how would a challenge mode/story mode keep drawing people in to play VS?

It wouldn't.

People who like vs come for the vs. People who get tired of vs have the campaign to give them something to do. MK has missions on the DS and they were fun. It's all about satisfying different player needs.

That track was good but was there another? (Genuinely asking because I can't remember.)

All I do remember was liking the game the least of any mario kart game because most of the tracks were dull and wanting to play other local multiplayer games a lot more whenever we had a session. (Melee and time splitters)

Edit: how could you dodge blue shells?

You could dodge blue (and red) shells by using the turbo power slide boost :) You had to release the boost just as they came to hit you. That game was seriously fast though, felt like F-Zero at times. As for tracks, it had Baby Park, Bowser Castle (god tier), Daisy Cruiser, DK Jungle with those incredible corners towards the end of the lap, Yoshi Circuit, Wario's Colosseum, Dino Dino Jungle and Waluigi Stadium..Of course, it had some dud circuits too, but all those circuits I mentioned had some incredibly narrow corners which made power sliding through them such a thrill.

Also, thank you for reminding me of TimeSplitters 2. Man that game was incredible.

I meant for that mode.

It simply extends the lifespan and gives you something else to do. It's that simple.

Plus if it's as challenging and extensive as Diddy Kong Racing's then it will take you a long time to complete. Add in unlockable 2nd quest/hard mode, Boss race mode, something like a coin collection mode...

Now I think about it, the only real complaint I have besides the item balance is how slow the game is (which of course isn't helped by the really wide tracks). Other than the odd track it never feels thrilling to fly through the corners with a power slide, because the margin for error is so big.

That said, played it with my girlfriend last night (first time she's ever played a MK game) and she thought it was decent. She also said 'it looks like the other Mario kart games you played recently' which made me mad..this game is beautiful!