NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

LAST MINUTE LEAGUE RECRUITMENT

If there is anyone who hasn't signed up for the league night tonight that is free from 8pm til 9.30pm, the league needs you. We've just lost 2 players in quick succession from the same group.

rYvKNdG.jpg

I will be in soon! Just busy at the mo. :/

Bloody hell! They did not waste any time!

Just when you think this couldn't become more of a thing.

Those are @Retro_Link's designs.

If you get at least 1 star in every cup you unlock something but the game doesn't show stars by your name online now :(

That's pretty sweet, because gunning for 3 stars in every race is soul destroyingly luck based at times. If I only need a star overall then that gives some leeway.

Mount Wario is amazing.

I'd love for more tracks to be single lap if the above is any indication of quality.

It has just arrived for me. 3 days earlier than expected, but now I'm off to work. Won't get around to playing until Sunday. Can't wait! Oh, and my free game will be Wii Party U. Don't judge I have a liitle one, and loads of his cousins always visit their Uncle Nintendo's house.

I don't know how people manage to get over those two leaves in Cloudtop Cruise, everytime I try I go over the first leaf at an angle and then crash into the beanstalk and fall :(

I don't know how people manage to get over those two leaves in Cloudtop Cruise, everytime I try I go over the first leaf at an angle and then crash into the beanstalk and fall :(

Just watch the time trials. Is usually a good way for me to discover what I do wrong in certain corners and such...! : peace:

1. How fucking short is Rainbow Road? I don't know why, but I just noticed. The N64 version could also do with being longer (but not as long as the original...*shudder*)

2. Wouldn't this game benefit amazingly from DLC tracks? I'd love to get even more tracks. They could sell something like a 16 pack of tracks for £15. Hell, I'd buy it.

Wow, just got Luigi as the opening screen character and he says "Luigi Kart 8"

Never got this before!

Wow, just got Luigi as the opening screen character and he says "Luigi Kart 8"

Never got this before!

Congratulations! You beat Mirror Mode!

There's 2 Mario's, Luigi, Bowser and Rosalina.

(Although I've never heard the Rosalina one on opening the game)

1. How fucking short is Rainbow Road? I don't know why, but I just noticed. The N64 version could also do with being longer (but not as long as the original...*shudder*)

2. Wouldn't this game benefit amazingly from DLC tracks? I'd love to get even more tracks. They could sell something like a 16 pack of tracks for £15. Hell, I'd buy it.

I'd prefer it if the N64 one was 2 laps and not one, mainly so I can drool over the graphics :heh:

The MK64 Rainbow Road music is also the best. Love it.

Damn those bouncing chain chomps, though.

150cc is driving me mad!! It's always on the last lap of the last course i get everything thrown at me...damn Star Cup

I'd prefer it if the N64 one was 2 laps and not one, mainly so I can drool over the graphics :heh:

As the one lap on that feels much shorter than one lap on the original, I think three laps would definitely be fine.

Just checked my premium points and I got 400 points for "purchasing" my free game.

I usually "miss" the second lap in the N64 race. When that Lakitu guy shows up with the third lap sign, I'm like where was the second lap? Fall behind in that race and there's no hope :p

I used to always fail the leaf shortcut but I've figured it out now. You can just drive right onto the first leaf, don't try and drift or hop onto it or anything just turn normally and drive on it then hop late so you can jump onto the 2nd leaf.

How did I not pick this up on launch? Just picked it up today, tremendous stuff, looks so good and plays amazing as well, glory be!

Now...to hand it over to my parents and let them keep it til the 3rd of July for my birthday...

I've been having an absolute blast with this over the last week. It just seems to keep feeling better and better the more I play :yay:

One of the only 'disappointments' I've found so far came from unlocking Mirror Mode today and seeing that that the lorries in Toad's Turnpike don't drive the opposite way any more :nono:

The more I play this the more I dislike it.

The item balance is so broken it's unreal. The offensive items do so much damage, but the catch up and defensive items are useless. You can thus get hit by a shell at the beginning of the first lap and literally just be stuck in 9th for an entire race. You can race well, not fall off, hit every corner perfectly, but all you get is nerfed mushrooms and stars which don't really advance you. It's very easy to fall down the pack, but hard to get back up it. If you get a good start, you can easily maintain it, but get a bad one and you're screwed.

It just feels so lame.

On Mario Kart Wii, if you get screwed over, there was a chance for redemption. You could get a golden mushroom and it would compensate for the two red shells that hit you earlier. Now, you get a golden mushroom and you don't pass a single person. I played N64 Yoshi earlier with Hero Of Time, and I get two mushrooms in a row and never moved up a single spot. They're useless.

It's a decent enough game, but it's far from what I hoped for. This is a massive disappointment for me. On the Wii I put in 380 hours and had two 9999 accounts, I just can't see me doing that with this, it's so boring.

To me the mushrooms actually feel like they work for the first time in many years.

The more I play this the more I dislike it.

The item balance is so broken it's unreal. The offensive items do so much damage, but the catch up and defensive items are useless. You can thus get hit by a shell at the beginning of the first lap and literally just be stuck in 9th for an entire race. You can race well, not fall off, hit every corner perfectly, but all you get is nerfed mushrooms and stars which don't really advance you.

Have to admit I agree here. If you are playing people of reasonable skill level like yourself then one clusterfuck (that often happens within the first 20 seconds, while people are bunched together) can destroy any chance you have. I think the one item rule and the frequency of the coin also explains why red shells feel 10 times more dangerous this time around too.