NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just out of curiousity, what are the two games you are covering?

From later tonight: The Band of Thieves & 1,000 Pokémon

From June 18th: Pokémon Art Academy

How far will this go...lol

tumblr_n6nezgjemZ1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

Oh my daze! I spat Lucozade out a bit there.

Damn you!

How far will this go...lol

tumblr_n6nezgjemZ1r5zq6ao1_500.gif

d91.gif

One of the best gifs yet.

The original kills me every time I see it.

First it was the Villager, now it's Luigi.

Who's next, Nintendo?

First it was the Villager, now it's Luigi.

Who's next, Nintendo?

Doshin, who else? :indeed:

@lostmario

Is this allowed in the league? Not that I'm bothered, just curious.

http://kotaku.com/mario-kart-has-a-new-controversial-technique-1585596362?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

During the spectating sequence I've seen a few random people and some on here ( mentioning no names ) doing an extra bounce after boosting and now I know why. Seems like this could be the new snaking.

A fair few are kicking off over it on various boards saying it's ruining the online. I wonder if Nintendo patch it?

I read about that today today. Weird. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference on the videos. One I read said you move from side to side but that seems to suggest just jumping does it. It's not exactly snaking is it :)

I read about that today today. Weird. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference on the videos. One I read said you move from side to side but that seems to suggest just jumping does it. It's not exactly snaking is it :)

It allows you to keep a boost for longer, which surely makes a difference when racing?

Just tried joining Zechs, and someone here said it and it's definitely right. But there's a bug. Basically, if someone drops from the group in the selection and doesn't get replaced, the game waits for them to choose a track, but they're not there. It then times out and crashes.

Surely this is a piece of piss to fix though?

It allows you to keep a boost for longer, which surely makes a difference when racing?

Just tried it, didn't even work :)

Just tried joining Zechs, and someone here said it and it's definitely right. But there's a bug. Basically, if someone drops from the group in the selection and doesn't get replaced, the game waits for them to choose a track, but they're not there. It then times out and crashes.

Surely this is a piece of piss to fix though?

I had issues joining him earlier. It kept saying error try again later. I eventually got in the game after trying numerous times.

Another thing I don't like is how it hides everyone's online staus if they are in a friends game. Only the party leader appears to be playing online, so you don't know who the hell is actually in the game.

Just tried it, didn't even work :)

Clearly not skilled enough. :D

I had issues joining him earlier. It kept saying error try again later. I eventually got in the game after trying numerous times.

Another thing I don't like is how it hides everyone's online staus if they are in a friends game. Only the party leader appears to be playing online, so you don't know who the hell is actually in the game.

Clearly not skilled enough. :D

Ah is that the case. That ridiculous. Do you know that for fact. I thought you couldn't join someone if he room was full and spectators

Ah is that the case. That ridiculous. Do you know that for fact. I thought you couldn't join someone if he room was full and spectators

Yeah, that's how it's been for me. It was like that over the weekend and I thought nobody was on.

I just checked earlier and only Welsh Gamer had a little flag next to his name. He was in Friends Game and I assume he was hosting. I jumped into the game to find a few N-E people in there who are on my friends list, yet they had no flag next to their names when searching for them.

Yeah, it's no way as effective as snaking was, but it does make a slight difference.

Pretty much all of the top Time Trial ghosts are using it, but it seems less useful when playing against others.

Yeah, it's no way as effective as snaking was, but it does make a slight difference.

Pretty much all of the top Time Trial ghosts are using it, but it seems less useful when playing against others.

I suppose it could be useful if you can break away from the pack and get a lead as you can just concentrate on the cornering and boosting. I'm gonna be looking for this everytime I'm spectating now. :D

I find it interesting how these things are found in the first place. Wonder if Nintendo acknowledge it or do anything about it?

Royal Raceway is one of my favourite courses, and I quite easily beat the staff ghost. But then I saw the top ghost was over 20 seconds faster than me, and it was that guy in the Kotaku article. Not sure where I stand on it. While it'd be no fun to race against, if it's possible is it really an exploit or just using the the game mechanics to their full potential?

Mario Kart League makes me sad :( I've always wanted to join but have different days in work every week so can't commit to it!

Heck, I think the last time I could commit to a tournament was Wifi Karts :p

I am liking the online to a degree, but I have to agree, the Wii one felt so far ahead of everything else on the system and this seems to struggle to match the Wii version at best. But the game itself is still top notch, so there's something.

I'm also almost 100% we WILL see DLC in this game. Firstly, the Honda promo in Japan is a big clue, the lack of true battle mode levels (I'm sure they'll be a pack for some) and the fact I found a banner in the game in Royal Raceway...

FUCKING BIRDO.

aZhSVbh.jpg

Mario Kart League makes me sad :( I've always wanted to join but have different days in work every week so can't commit to it!

Just take part when you can. I want as many people taking part as possible, no requirement to play every week.

@lostmario

Is this allowed in the league? Not that I'm bothered, just curious.

I can discourage it but can't stop people doing it.

I can discourage it but can't stop people doing it.

No biggie. Like I said, just curious as to whether this tactic was allowed.: peace:

Does anyone else feel that some of the power-ups are pretty useless this time around?

I've been back in 7th or 8th place, got stars or mushrooms and it has done NOTHING to advance my position at all.

In Mario Kart Wii the star or the three mushrooms were major boosts and would see you advance up the pack by quite a way. Now they do very little.

Also, the three shells going around your kart are sketchy at best, I've had people bump me out of the way when I've had three shells - and they escaped unscathed.

The item balance feels odd.

I tried joining Clownferret last night and I think I managed one game with him before the connection error. The online is total garbage for me at the moment - a mixture of poor connections, weird items that don't seem to work and strange things happening like people passing through my shells.

On the plus side, I do enjoy the single player and am having fun getting the three star rating!

Yeah, the speed boost the star gives seems to have been significantly nerfed. Like you, I've also been hit by someone when I've had the 3 shells protecting me.