NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

some brilliant races last night @dazzybee SORRY! I must have taken you out on the final bend about 4 times in the space of 6 or 7 race. It cracks me up after that in the lobby when "so unfair" pops up when we know you really want to say something a little bit stronger. I won a few races last night and realised how @lostmario does it. If you can get in front with a blocking weapon it's actually quite easy to hold on to your lead and then you start the next race at the front so you can rinse and repeat, BUT the moment you get dragged into the middle order it's carnage.

Lastly, @Blade owned you last night son!

Yeah, if you can get away at the start then everything is gravy. If I see lostmario in the middle of the pack I do my best to keep him there! :D

It really was a quality night of races last night. Very enjoyable.

There's hardly ever anyone from here online when I play... 11-12pm ish... :(

there were a load of us playing last night? maybe we all came off just before 11pm

I noticed you were rocking him yesterday and figured that was the reason why. :D
I cannot wait for the inevitable All Luigi League theme night. :yay: In fact, @lostmario let's make that the first theme please! :hehe:

In time for Thursday?

I hope so, I hope so.

If I don't get it today, maybe tomorrow, which will be fun because then I wouldn't have that much time to practice and will get blown out of the water :laughing:

I used to always pick Luigi simply because he was the younger Mario brother and I'm the younger brother in my family... even though my brother would never be Mario.

As said above, I've always picked Luigi. That he has the Death Stare makes it all the more certain I'll keep using him!

This Luigi Death Stare thing is becoming more and more hilarious. :laughing:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828919

I've actually started playing as Luigi the most now, in the hope of capturing some of his stares of death on MKTV. :D

Apologies if this was in the link you posted ( Gifs killed my phone ) but Luigi made it on to Fox News!

I love it. Dude has clearly had enough of being a pushover and blamed for the bad sales during his year.

You know you get those adverts that say 'not representative of in-game footage' or whatever

Well that Mario Kart anti-gravity TV advert should come with some sort of warning... "Yes this IS actually gameplay footage! :o"

It could be a CGI advert!

These Luigi videos are literally fuckin hilarious!

Talk about stealing the lime light hahaha. I can't stop watching them! :laughing:

I haven't even bothered with MKTV but I really need to get on it!

Do any of the other characters do this or is it just Luigi?!

So damn good.

These Luigi videos are literally fuckin hilarious!

Talk about stealing the lime light hahaha. I can't stop watching them! :laughing:

I haven't even bothered with MKTV but I really need to get on it!

Do any of the other characters do this or is it just Luigi?!

So damn good.

DK does it now and again.

Although mostly he just looks like he's in love with everyone.

iblBT9WpRgetFe.gif

Luigi. Death-Staring consumers into purchasing a Wii U since 30/5/14.

d8e.jpg

014.gif

some brilliant races last night @dazzybee SORRY! I must have taken you out on the final bend about 4 times in the space of 6 or 7 race. It cracks me up after that in the lobby when "so unfair" pops up when we know you really want to say something a little bit stronger. I won a few races last night and realised how @lostmario does it. If you can get in front with a blocking weapon it's actually quite easy to hold on to your lead and then you start the next race at the front so you can rinse and repeat, BUT the moment you get dragged into the middle order it's carnage.

Lastly, @Blade owned you last night son!

Yes. Very angry a couple of times and that's the only one that seems to remotely fit... Should be able to chat to freinds in general play too, even 20 seconds would be enough to vent my anger or gloat! If enough of usp ok lay every night, which we seem to, then we should set up private rooms!

@Clownferret

Lets be clear here. I chose a bad combination of character, vehicle, wheels and glider. It is unfortunate that I have yet to unlock the decent gear.

I can only envisage that when I do, there will be no contest. I will win, every time.

Yes. Very angry a couple of times and that's the only one that seems to remotely fit... Should be able to chat to freinds in general play too, even 20 seconds would be enough to vent my anger or gloat! If enough of usp ok lay every night, which we seem to, then we should set up private rooms!

you did get me back in one race, shot a green shell backwards on the finish line when I was right behind you and I went from 4th to 10th.

There are faults with the online, which hopefully will be fixed, but when you get a group of friends racing it is awesome.

@Clownferret

Lets be clear here. I chose a bad combination of character, vehicle, wheels and glider. It is unfortunate that I have yet to unlock the decent gear.

I can only envisage that when I do, there will be no contest. I will win, every time.

Bitter much? Haha

As much as I'm annoyed with the online/voice-chat debacle, I am looking forward to grouping up and gaming a bit on this.

I cannot wait for the inevitable All Luigi League theme night. :yay: In fact, @lostmario let's make that the first theme please! :hehe:

You'll have to remind me in 2 months but yeah, we'll do that.

I hope so, I hope so.

If I don't get it today, maybe tomorrow, which will be fun because then I wouldn't have that much time to practice and will get blown out of the water :laughing:

I've removed you from the "in" list so let me know.

iblBT9WpRgetFe.gif

That has made my day, so good. :laughing: I wonder what Waluigi was thinking as he got closer and closer.

Amazing post. :bowdown:

And you're right about Mario's voice, he's definitely extra excited in MK8. :heh

And thank you for putting it on another page for more exposure, heh. Would you believe me if I told you that that post is the short version? =P

There's one other character's voice that I find iffy, and that's Morton's. When I was using him to collect his stamp, I wasn't enjoying hearing his voice at all... but occasionally he makes a sort of laughing "hur hur hur hur!" noise when he boosts or does a trick. I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but the more I heard that sound, the more I was reminded of Louis Armstrong.

Morton_Koopa_NSMBW.png

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
I can't get it out of my head. Send help.

Oh, and thanks to everybody who took the time to read my post! I appreciate it.

---

On the topic of Luigi GIFs, I was looking through my MKTV highlights and I had to GIF this, because he looks so happy, almost maniacal, with this Bob-omb:

PessimisticSneakyFish.gif

ScalyRaggedAuklet.gif

"I do it."

How are people making gifs?

Mario Kart TV, a capture device, and animation software

Here's a GIF from the other day, when I was spectating before joining some N-E peeps. @f00had blocks @welsh_gamer's Red Shell with a reverse Boomerang and very nearly hits him with it too:

AcclaimedPlumpBuffalo.gif

I can not wait to see some of the highlights from the league tomorrow.

If there isn't some comedy gold in there, I'll be amazed.

Come July I'll be able to play with you guys more often, I'm really swamped right now.

Yeah, I too am having to stop play somewhat. Got two games to cover, and E3, and hunting for ORAS news

Yeah, I too am having to stop play somewhat. Got two games to cover, and E3, and hunting for ORAS news

Just out of curiousity, what are the two games you are covering?