NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Had some great games tonight with various people from the forum. My girlfriend was playing too (Laura) and was getting a little frustrated by the whole thing.... I would say she'll improve but the hours she put into sonic racing and mario kart 7 lead me to believe she'll never learn how to slide round corners!

Love it though, game is utterly mental, can't wait for the league to see how they play out!

Checked the time trial leaderboard for Mario Kart Stadium. Japanese player, hm? Decent time! Surely he can't be doing anything THAT fancy!

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

Just had a really intense race, dodged some lightning with split second timing! My heart is still pounding from the race :eek: It was a room full of really good players, I dunno how I managed to get 2nd with the gold kart :D

I was a little confused when I asked the question. Now I'm even more confused :D

The safest bet seems to make another NNID, which I think I will do for my nephew.

I got started, made a new account, used his mii, but that's all I have done so far. On his Wii U menu, all my downloaded games appear, I assume if I finish setting up his account then he will have access to all my games and vice versa, just when we play on his account it will be his save file so to speak. Is that correct?

Completely correct.

Had some great games tonight with various people from the forum. My girlfriend was playing too (Laura) and was getting a little frustrated by the whole thing.... I would say she'll improve but the hours she put into sonic racing and mario kart 7 lead me to believe she'll never learn how to slide round corners!

Exactly the same with my girlfriend... can do everything but slide around corners properly.

50 CC Moo Moo farm, she can actually win that sometimes. It's so slow at 50 CC and the level is relatively linear so it can actually be quite hard to catch up and overtake. :p

Sleepless night in a hotel room in Thorpe Park, need to get back to Mario Kart man! I should probably race online more often too, I've only done it twice haha

I love that tournaments get their own Miiverse communities.

ibhGBMr5Z1WU8z.gif

gif I made from what happened in a race just now

I'd probably have smashed my pad haha!

I was a little confused when I asked the question. Now I'm even more confused :D

The safest bet seems to make another NNID, which I think I will do for my nephew.

I got started, made a new account, used his mii, but that's all I have done so far. On his Wii U menu, all my downloaded games appear, I assume if I finish setting up his account then he will have access to all my games and vice versa, just when we play on his account it will be his save file so to speak. Is that correct?

Why confused. I'm telling you for certain you don't need to make a new nnid... If games do get attached to accounts then you could lose the game.

Why confused. I'm telling you for certain you don't need to make a new nnid... If games do get attached to accounts then you could lose the game.

It was the amount of conflicting.. idea's :D

I think creating the new NNID would have been safer (I would have still had access to it anyway) but I decided to risk it. Got the download version AFTER the retail version. Got a Pin code. Now I just need to make a club nintendo account to redeem and get my free game. My nephew wanted lost world, so I think I'll d/l that, just need to get a HDD sorted, because I don't have enough space on my HDD for anything much bigger than 3Gb now :(

ibhGBMr5Z1WU8z.gif

gif I made from what happened in a race just now

Wow, lucky bast*rd, if that was me, then another 5 drivers would've passed me before the finish line.

This is the first MK where I've been yelling at the TV screen :shakehead

Exactly the same with my girlfriend... can do everything but slide around corners properly.

50 CC Moo Moo farm, she can actually win that sometimes. It's so slow at 50 CC and the level is relatively linear so it can actually be quite hard to catch up and overtake. :p

Yeah, however much I tell her to slide into the corner rather than on the corner... So frustrating, I'd be rubbish with kids!

I find the online a little sketchy with this too. If I play regional, there's small groups. If I play global there's massive groups and better races - but baffling disconnects which simply don't make sense as it's server based. Disappointing.

From GAF. Chucklesome Anti-Gravity trailer:

Where is the footage at the start from? It looks too good for a YouTube video but too poor for a film.

This game is incredible. My WiiU Doesn't know what's happening. It's not had this much of a thorough play since... ever.

Nonestop Saturday & Sunday Night.

I find the online a little sketchy with this too. If I play regional, there's small groups. If I play global there's massive groups and better races - but baffling disconnects which simply don't make sense as it's server based. Disappointing.

I think it's random, I've been in regional races and it's rammed. And there quite a lot of disconnects, but I presume this'll sort itself out over the next month or so.

They need to sort out that small groups thing. It seems to just plonk you in any old game rather than trying to fill out races to the max. If there are a few races with only a couple of players the game should merge lobbies or something.

Hey guys,

My order has just been shipped :D

ibdkSWs5w7xonb.gif

Share this moment with me as I'm sure none of you have the game yet!

Where is the footage at the start from? It looks too good for a YouTube video but too poor for a film.

The film Gravity.

Hey guys,

My order has just been shipped :D

ibdkSWs5w7xonb.gif

Share this moment with me as I'm sure none of you have the game yet!

OK, I need to know. What is that GIF from? I want to know why this exists.

OK, I need to know. What is that GIF from? I want to know why this exists.

Saw it on NeoGaf, like all great Gifs, and I always assumed it was some kind of edited clip from Super Mario 3D World....

Otherwise I have no clue...

Super Mario Sunshine?

A Mario Sport game?

The game needs a patch. If you're playing with randoms and someone leaves without voting, the game will disconnect everyone if it doesn't find someone to replace the person who left and vote before the game begins.

Something like that anyway.