NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

It's like the game has decided to bend over and start being my bitch. Just got two 3 stars on 100cc, after several days of it resisting me my prize.

I've been pulling my hair out all day trying to get a star rank on 150cc special cup >_<

Have you tried sacrificing a virgin? I find that can help, sometimes.

Love this game... I get home after work and my Daughter runs up to me and Says: "Daddy do you want to play on Mario Kart 8?", I like "I think so!" and she says "I thought you'd say that!"

And she got her first 1st place today, on Sweet, sweet canyon obviously! - So proud... :weep:

Dazzy, so when I download MK8, I'll automatically get a pin code, I enter it on a new club nintendo account, then I have my free game? I don't need to set up an alternate NNID? Just I took advantage of the free game offer before I got my download code.

You can input the code onto any club Nintendo account. You don't need a different nnid, it's nothing to do with it. Have two club Nintendo accounts, one code on one account, one on the other. Done.

You can input the code onto any club Nintendo account. You don't need a different nnid, it's nothing to do with it. Have two club Nintendo accounts, one code on one account, one on the other. Done.

You don't get a Club Nintendo code with the digital version. It's automatically redeemed when you purchase or claim a digital game to the Club Nintendo account linked to the NNID.

You don't get a Club Nintendo code with the digital version. It's automatically redeemed when you purchase or claim a digital game to the Club Nintendo account linked to the NNID.

Nope. You do get a code. But they still might be tied, so to be safe probably best to use this digital code on your club nintendo

Wut? So when I buy MK8 eight times, I can download all eight games on offer? And then I can sell 7 copies of MK8 so I have all those games for nearly nothing???? I can't imagine that they would let you do that :confused:

Nope. You do get a code. But they still might be tied, so to be safe probably best to use this digital code on your club nintendo

is Game & Wario worth getting? I have two codes, already downloaded Olympics and was going to sell the disc version but may get Game & Wario and keep the disc copy. £60 for 3 games, trophy, t-shirt and keyring is still a brilliant deal.

is Game & Wario worth getting? I have two codes, already downloaded Olympics and was going to sell the disc version but may get Game & Wario and keep the disc copy. £60 for 3 games, trophy, t-shirt and keyring is still a brilliant deal.

Only had a dabble but I liked what I played quite a lot :) If you play local multiplayer then I would say it would be very good. Wii party too.

From what I understand, here is Pestneb's situation

- He has a physical copy and has redeemed the code on the Club Nintendo account linked to his NNID.

- He also has a code for the digital copy of the game.

If he redeemed the digital copy on his main NNID, he would not get the second free game as it will be linked to a Club Nintendo account that already has the game registered.

You don't get a Club Nintendo code when you redeem a digital game on the eShop - it registers it automatically.

Wut? So when I buy MK8 eight times, I can download all eight games on offer? And then I can sell 7 copies of MK8 so I have all those games for nearly nothing???? I can't imagine that they would let you do that :confused:

Yes you can. Trust me. A few of us did this when 3ds had crazy promotions, just created faux club Nintendo accounts.

I think what @Pestneb was saying is that he's already used his physical copy freebie on the Club Nintendo account associated with his eShop account/NNID, so if he uses his download copy on the same NNID, it will see he has already taken part in the promotion and won't let him have another freebie. Therefore it'd probably be best to use a different NNID and Club Nintendo account. If you'd redeemed the download before the physical copy, there'd be no need for another NNID, just another Club Nintendo account.

From what I understand, here is Pestneb's situation

- He has a physical copy and has redeemed the code on the Club Nintendo account linked to his NNID.

- He also has a code for the digital copy of the game.

If he redeemed the digital copy on his main NNID, he would not get the second free game as it will be linked to a Club Nintendo account that already has the game registered.

You don't get a Club Nintendo code when you redeem a digital game on the eShop - it registers it automatically.

So he s already used a retail club Nintendo with th club Nintendo linked to his account?

Either way. You DO get a code when you download the game. Why don't you think you do? It works differently to other digital games.

Why don't you think you do? It works differently to other digital games.

Well that explains a lot. I saw no reason to think that Mario Kart 8 worked differently to every single digital game since the DSi came out. Why would it?

Well that explains a lot. I saw no reason to think that Mario Kart 8 worked differently to every single digital game since the DSi came out. Why would it?

True, but I think for the promotion. People with new Wii u's who don't have a club Nintendo account and aren't synched up would miss out by downloading. The code levels it off, and also allows for scamming a little :)

I was a little confused when I asked the question. Now I'm even more confused :D

The safest bet seems to make another NNID, which I think I will do for my nephew.

I got started, made a new account, used his mii, but that's all I have done so far. On his Wii U menu, all my downloaded games appear, I assume if I finish setting up his account then he will have access to all my games and vice versa, just when we play on his account it will be his save file so to speak. Is that correct?

Yeah I got a code when I downloaded the game. I expect the retail game will have a code too but I have already got rid of it.

My Pro Controller arrived today. What bliss compared to the game pad.

Biggest plus - DAT UNEXPECTED RUMBLE! : peace:

It's the way to go peeps.

Does it rumble more than the gamepad then?

True, but I think for the promotion. People with new Wii u's who don't have a club Nintendo account and aren't synched up would miss out by downloading. The code levels it off, and also allows for scamming a little :)

I figured it was to prevent what happened when Pikmin 3 was made available before release date and messed up the W101 promo. You can download the game before the start date but you qualify for the promo once you enter the seperate code after the start date. :shrug:

Yep :hehe:

The Wii U Pro Controller may have some deficiencies in certain areas but it's definitely the most comfortable way to play Mario Kart 8. In fact, with a few tweaks I would probably have preferred that as the only Wii U controller.. :indeed:

Does it rumble more than the gamepad then?

I think because the pro controller is smaller and lighter the rumble is stronger or maybe they could just put stronger motors into it.