NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Just had another awesome session playing online. This game is just as mental as MK Wii was online, perhaps even more so. :heh:

The N-E League is certainly going to be interesting this time around, put it that way.

And it looks like we're going to have another great player in the form of @Glen\-i. icon14.gif

Awww... You're making me blush. How unmanly of me... I had tons of fun. The N-E League is getting me way too excited. You're certainly no slouch yourself!

I love having only one item at a time. It means that cruising away in 1st is not even half as easy to pull off.

The 12 player online is crazy good, it's soo chaotic lol. @RedShell @Dcubed good games earlier! i was Ninty K (the shy guy) :)

I was in that group as well! Orange Mii called Glen-i.

Edited by Glen-i

Did anyone else start with 24 or so stamps before they had even played a game?

Also how do you look at what stamps you have?

So it turns out that nobody can see or hear when you toot the horn while playing online. What in the actual hell? :blank:

Making the other racers jump out of their kart is super entertaining. :heh:

In other news, custom tournaments are officially useless for the League. :(

So it turns out that nobody can see or hear when you toot the horn while playing online. What in the actual hell? :blank:

Making the other racers jump out of their kart is super entertaining. :heh:

In other news, custom tournaments are officially useless for the League. :(

So, what does this mean? Joining a dedicated host or something?

Actually, how is the private friend room? Perhaps we could use that?

Actually, how is the private friend room? Perhaps we could use that?

We just tested it, works fine. We'll be using that for the league, as we did for MKWii.

One last push for the first league night of the year.

We now have 37 40 players down for Thursday night

I need 3 8 more to have 4 full groups

rYvKNdG.jpg

@Mr\-Paul, @kav82, @Eenuh

Edited by lostmario

We just tested it, works fine. We'll be using that for the league, as we did for MKWii.

OK, great! So I take it everyone who enters will be adding a few FC's?

OK, great! So I take it everyone who enters will be adding a few FC's?

You'll need to add at least 2 players from your group.

Check the league thread, going to announce the 4 groups in 30 minutes or so, once I've randomly worked them out.

I would try the League out but unfortunately I pretty much work every Thursday night. Can't guarantee I'll ever have a set night off. Unless matches started at 11 PM (Even then I might be late) I can't do it.

Still not had too much time with the game yet. Just finished everything on 50cc. Moving on to 100cc now. Had a few fun Online races on my split. Not had any problems since my first two races. All working pretty well.

Could people confirm that the free download code you receive can be used by anybody and isn't tied to me?

And am I right in seeing that you do not see the names of people during MKTV?

If I accidentally click 'view race highlights' one more time!! *Shakes angry fist!!*

If I accidentally click 'view race highlights' one more time!! *Shakes angry fist!!*

Oh man, I know this feeling very well!

Could people confirm that the free download code you receive can be used by anybody and isn't tied to me?

Anyone can use, even Nintendo say it's not locked. Also I got Nintendoland and M&S thanks to my retail copy.

Anyone can use, even Nintendo say it's not locked. Also I got Nintendoland and M&S thanks to my retail copy.

Ike, you'll have to let me know what Mario and Sonic is like!

I'm currently downloading TW101 as my first free game but have no clue what to choose for my second.

I'm torn between Game and Wario and Wii Party U, but as I'm more of a lone gamer, I didn't think either would suit me. Plus G&W wasn't meant to be much good? :confused:

I looked at M&S as I've enjoyed those games before, but that one was reviewed badly so I'd be interested to hear if you think it's worth the free DL! : peace:

Played a lot of online tonight, absolutely love it. Shame you can't chat with friends in global games, silly omission!

Also, I seem to be alone in really enjoying battle mode... Global is a bit rubbish as it just adds a score, but private games where it's like cod is much better!

So yeah, my Pro Controller definitely didn't like the marathon MK8 session I've had this weekend, the left analog stick is now messed up. :(

I started noticing that my kart would occasionally move to the side even though I wasn't trying to turn. It's absolutely fine when there's no input at all, but the slightest movement in any direction causes it to move left by itself.

Tested it on the Wii U menu with the cursor too, if I push up (even slightly) the cursor starts drifting to the left. :indeed:

So I've now switched to the GamePad, not as comfy to hold, but at least I have precise control again.

Might open up the Pro Controller soon, see if I can tinker with it. :hmm:

One last push for the first league night of the year.

We now have 37 40 players down for Thursday night

I need 3 8 more to have 4 full groups

rYvKNdG.jpg

@Mr\-Paul, @kav82, @Eenuh

Unfortunately I go to a pub quiz on Thursdays at 8. Move it to Tuesday or Wednesday and I'm in!

Something weird happened to me in an online race today, while I was in 1st place a blue shell hit me but flew past me then came back to blow up on me! Must've been some crazy lag, I got hit by lightning in between its attacks :p

Something clicked with this game this morning and I started doing a lot better! Quickly polished off 150cc with 3 stars on each and have completed Mirror Mode with at least one star on all cups.

Really loving it now that it doesn't feel quite so much like the computer is cheating (although it still is a bit...), if I race well then I should be able to win no matter the items that get fired my way.

So yeah, my Pro Controller definitely didn't like the marathon MK8 session I've had this weekend, the left analog stick is now messed up. :(

I started noticing that my kart would occasionally move to the side even though I wasn't trying to turn. It's absolutely fine when there's no input at all, but the slightest movement in any direction causes it to move left by itself.

Tested it on the Wii U menu with the cursor too, if I push up (even slightly) the cursor starts drifting to the left. :indeed:

So I've now switched to the GamePad, not as comfy to hold, but at least I have precise control again.

Might open up the Pro Controller soon, see if I can tinker with it. :hmm:

This happened to my GamePad, only it drifted upwards. Seemed to rectify itself after a few days, that was a few months back now

and no further problems. I put it dwn to dust or a hair or something being introduced into the mechanism????

Sorry @lostmario I'm not one for the league... I'll see if I can join in every now and again though.

I'd like to join the league, but I would only be able to do one Thursday out of every two; joining fortnightly...