NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I mean compared to the new Rainbow Road and the other courses in the game. It just doesn't feel very exciting. At least the music is incredible.

That's true. It got an AWESOME new arrangement! Waaaaayyyyy better than what it got in Double Dash! :D

Finally got my download code...

I really wanted WW HD, but internal, moral pressures forced me to download Wii Party U... :(

Oh well at least it should be fun!

BTW MK8 is freakin' awesome!! But I went online last night and got a few 'disconnections' now that I'm ethernetted up was it too busy or my WiiU?

Finally got my download code...

I really wanted WW HD, but internal, moral pressures forced me to download Wii Party U... :(

Oh well at least it should be fun!

BTW MK8 is freakin' awesome!! But I went online last night and got a few 'disconnections' now that I'm ethernetted up was it too busy or my WiiU?

The servers were getting hammered last night. I had a couple of disconnections, too

Just got my final stamp! Some of the staff ghosts proved to be a little tricky ( usually the heavies ) but I managed to get a decent setup and give them a beating.

:yay:

Just got my final stamp! Some of the staff ghosts proved to be a little tricky ( usually the heavies ) but I managed to get a decent setup and give them a beating.

:yay:

Good god man, you work fast :p

Good god man, you work fast :p

Says the man who got 3 stars on 150cc. :D

I'll trade you my stamps for your stars. :)

Speaking of stars, I was reading a rumour that they don't show up next to your name when playing online anymore. Anyone seen if this is true?

Speaking of stars, I was reading a rumour that they don't show up next to your name when playing online anymore. Anyone seen if this is true?
Looks like it, yeah. I've 3 starred everything, 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and mirror, but no stars.

Anyway, some of my MKTV highlights :D:

MK8's game engine is just something else! :o Absolute wizardry. :bowdown:

Glad everyone's enjoying this so much! Looking forward to being able to race everyone, but I haven't been able to get onlne with my Wii U for over a week now thanks to moving to Virgin Media.. :( Shoykd hopefully be getting a new router sorted this weekend though.

Looks like it, yeah. I've 3 starred everything, 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and mirror, but no stars.

A man truly worthy of the name, RedShell.

Bit of a shame you can't see who's got 3 stars anymore. :(

You and that bloody blue shell... :bowdown:

Did you actually edit the footage together from the recording you did yourself, or did you upload that directly from MKTV?

I'm wondering because I can't see any way to do the slowmo/fast forward/rewind stuff in the Youtube uploads. Seems that you can only do the full highlight clip from what I can see...

Yeah, strange omission. :blank:

Did you actually edit the footage together from the recording you did yourself, or did you upload that directly from MKTV?

I'm wondering because I can't see any way to do the slowmo/fast forward/rewind stuff in the Youtube uploads. Seems that you can only do the full highlight clip from what I can see...

It's my own recording.

The slomo on the banana and Wario's weird air stunt was done on PC (forgot to use the MKTV one while capturing :heh:) but the fastforward/slomo on the last part with my Mii was done using MKTV.

The analog speed control you get in MKTV is incredible. :awesome: It is a shame it can only be used while viewing on Wii U though and not for YT uploads, but Nintendo like to keep things simple so it's not really surprising.

Anyone order from Nintendo uk store ? Did they send a free dl code ? And has the boxed version arrived yet,

Still a big no for both for me :(

Strange thing is, I saw people with Golden Wheels online

Edit: Holy crap at the banana on Grumble Volcano in your video

Edited by Serebii

Anyone order from Nintendo uk store ? Did they send a free dl code ? And has the boxed version arrived yet,

Still a big no for both for me :(

Looks like it's just us two still waiting for the game!

DL code - no (do they work on saturdays? I think sadly we missed the boat on that one :()

Boxed copy - not yet, but Yodel have emailed me to say it is on route, and I should receive the game by 9pm.

Although Nintendo deemed fit to taunt me with an email sent at 3:48 am this morning with the subject of: "Mario Kart 8 Out Now! Exclusive Offers on the Nintendo UK Store‏ "

Nice.

Edited by Pestneb

Where has the mini-map gone when you're racing? Highly annoying, you can't see how far ahead you are.

Haven't been online yet. Got three stars on all the 50cc cups and will start on the 100cc ones later.

New tracks are great, but slightly disappointed with the retro choices. No retro Bowser castle!!

Also, I don't think it's as good as Mario Kart Wii - but that was my favourite Mario Kart of all time.

Yeah, strange omission. :blank:

It's my own recording.

The slomo on the banana and Wario's weird air stunt was done on PC (forgot to use the MKTV one while capturing :heh:) but the fastforward/slomo on the last part with my Mii was done using MKTV.

The analog speed control you get in MKTV is incredible. :awesome: It is a shame it can only be used while viewing on Wii U though and not for YT uploads, but Nintendo like to keep things simple so it's not really surprising.

Yeah, it's a shame but I can see why they'd omit it. Sometimes simple is just best :)

BTW, did you notice how the Youtube upload feature seems to be an actual OS function rather than something built into MK8 when you use it? (you can even continue to watch the video and interact with it while it's uploading too!) Makes me think that this Youtube video capture stuff might be something that is available to all Wii U games in the future... :) (like how it is on PS4 & Xbox One)

Also, speaking of the highlight reel... Am I the only one who does not miss the Cup Ceremony screen at all? I thought that its absence would bother me, but it doesn't at all! I'm actually finding myself watching the reel at the end all the time, where normally I'd always just skip the Cup Ceremony screen after watching it the first few times.

A man truly worthy of the name, RedShell.

With how easy it is to get 3 stars now, does it really matter any more? More or less everyone is going to have it in a few weeks or so anyway ::shrug:

It's all about those Golden parts... (and the Gold Wheel :awesome: )

Edited by Dcubed

What track was that on?. I beat the staff time on Mario Circuit earlier.

On mine it came up as 2:09 :)

Yeah, it's a shame but I can see why they'd omit it. Sometimes simple is just best :)

With how easy it is to get 3 stars now, does it really matter any more? More or less everyone is going to have it in a few weeks or so anyway ::shrug:

It's all about those Golden parts... (and the Gold Wheel :awesome: )

The only requirement is to finish first in all the races. It no longer matters if you fall off the track or go off road.

BTW, did you notice how the Youtube upload feature seems to be an actual OS function rather than something built into MK8 when you use it?

Yeah, noticed it said "return to software" rather than say return to MK8 or even return to game. That and it doesn't really fit in with the game's UI.

Also, speaking of the highlight reel... Am I the only one who does not miss the Cup Ceremony screen at all? I thought that its absence would bother me, but it doesn't at all! I'm actually finding myself watching the reel at the end all the time, where normally I'd always just skip the Cup Ceremony screen after watching it the first few times.

I think I prefer the MK8 highlights but I tend to skip both. :p

My LE turned up this morning, but still no sign of a code. Complained on their website last night but not heard back, not that I'm really bothered.

The only requirement is to finish first in all the races. It no longer matters if you fall off the track or go off road.

Yeah exactly. It's a piece of piss in comparison to the earlier games (especially Super Circuit, where you had to collect at last 100 coins IIRC and you weren't allowed to use items at all if you wanted that illustrious triple star rank! :o )

Shame that there's no more advanced form of ranking in single player GP, but I suppose that's what time trials are for!

Where has the mini-map gone when you're racing? Highly annoying, you can't see how far ahead you are.

Haven't been online yet. Got three stars on all the 50cc cups and will start on the 100cc ones later.

New tracks are great, but slightly disappointed with the retro choices. No retro Bowser castle!!

Also, I don't think it's as good as Mario Kart Wii - but that was my favourite Mario Kart of all time.

Mini map is on the pad. You just have to select it.

my copy from Yodel arrived about 10:30 this morning.

Before I open up the disc copy can anybody tell me how the free game works, is it printed on a card that I can sell or does it happen online? I've already got the free game code from the soft copy but ideally would like to keep the hard copy and sell the second code. Also I assume I can't use the second code on the same machine?

Mini map is on the pad. You just have to select it.

i'm coming looking for you you this weekend mate, heavy breathing, the works.

They really need to sort the matchmaking system out. So many times I've been out in games with only a few players, came out and then ended up with another game with only a few players. Why not group everyone in to one match?