NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Does it have a leaderboard? Yes. Simple as. Is it a good one? Possibly not. It still has one. I say it is very sufficient, personally. Do we really need a placement? We can see how our score is relative to the other ghosts. We try to beat that. Do we really need an arbitrary number?

Among our friends yeah. Of course. It'd only the people around us. I want to see what the fastest person in the world is like. I want to see how good you are! I want to see where I place a,ing all my friends... It's a basic feature and essential to time trial. Without it the mode is pointless!

Among our friends yeah. Of course. It'd only the people around us. I want to see what the fastest person in the world is like. I want to see how good you are! I want to see where I place a,ing all my friends... It's a basic feature and essential to time trial. Without it the mode is pointless!

Shows me as top amongst friends. Seems cool. Not sure what you mean?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019isbx.jpg

Yeah was just about to come in. Checked again and jimbob popped up (with a TERRIBLE time ;) )... So maybe it just needs time to upload the times... But it's still insanely clumsily handled! And are all friends at the bottom? Or do they get mixed in with everyone else? Maybe that's why I didn't see you, because you're out if my range.

Either way. It's ridiculous. I love time trialling, but without comparing with friends I won't touch it. I didn't touch the 3DS one for the same reason.

Nintendo did this with pikmin too, you can compare with the world, but not your friends... Just weird.

I will say, however depressing time trials are and the worlds biggest missed opporutnity mario kart tv is, the game is incredible!

It's just frustratingly, unnecessarily gimped.

This game is absolutely amazing!

The graphics are lovely. Anyone not playing this in HD are missing out!

I attempted a long distance banana throw on the Sunshine Airport track at the top of the big jump (before grabbing an item from the boxes there). It came this close to hitting @RedShell

CNYr1vu.jpg

I got him mid-flight on the same jump with a boomerang on the next lap, though.

Errrm the promotion code. I've chosen a game, done the survey , agreed to the T&C's got a 'Thanks for taking part in this promotion' then... nothing?

Where does the code come from? No e-mail, link actual code has appeared anywhere?

Yeah was just about to come in. Checked again and jimbob popped up (with a TERRIBLE time ;) )... So maybe it just needs time to upload the times... But it's still insanely clumsily handled! And are all friends at the bottom? Or do they get mixed in with everyone else? Maybe that's why I didn't see you, because you're out if my range.

Either way. It's ridiculous. I love time trialling, but without comparing with friends I won't touch it. I didn't touch the 3DS one for the same reason.

Nintendo did this with pikmin too, you can compare with the world, but not your friends... Just weird.

It's just frustratingly, unnecessarily gimped.

Improved time...then friends don't appear as you guys aren't in the same time bracket. Yeah...totally borked!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rnsxu.jpg

Does it have a leaderboard? Yes. Simple as. Is it a good one? Possibly not. It still has one. I say it is very sufficient, personally. Do we really need a placement? We can see how our score is relative to the other ghosts. We try to beat that. Do we really need an arbitrary number?

i think the problem is what they had before (in MKWii) was perfectly fine. Why change it and make it worse? I guess they can always patch it in at a later date though.

I attempted a long distance banana throw on the Sunshine Airport track at the top of the big jump (before grabbing an item from the boxes there). It came this close to hitting @RedShell

CNYr1vu.jpg

I got him mid-flight on the same jump with a boomerang on the next lap, though.

Hehehe. I captured all of those N-E races, will have to check out the footage. Definitely want to see a really long distance green shell hit that I somehow managed on @Sprout (Maidens) again. :grin:

Improved time...then friends don't appear as you guys aren't in the same time bracket. Yeah...totally borked!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rnsxu.jpg

It doesn't look like it has finished loading in that screen though, I've noticed there can be a pretty big delay. :blank:

Is the order not:

worldwide top 10

closest 10 to your own time

and then friend times?

Also, I don't think you need to make a post whenever you upload a time/ghost data, you can just press B to do so without making a Miiverse post.

Shows me as top amongst friends. Seems cool. Not sure what you mean?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019isbx.jpg

Only 2 seconds short. But some of them times are ridiculous.

What track was that on?. I beat the staff time on Mario Circuit earlier.

i was sorely tempted to sell the download code, but when push came to shove just wanted to play the game straight away. However, will probably sell the game when it arrives, so MK8 and Sonic Olympics for absolutely nothing. It's their own fault for fucking up the deliveries

Damn, sounds like something straight out of Fools & Horses... Being from Peckham - well played. :)

No delivery in my 3! Limited editions from Nintendo uk store ,

No email or code, I did even open a message early afternoon .

No reply

Poor customer service + a shit courier = your worst nightmare for the me t big release .

I'm still playing. God help me.

Damn. Ye be needing help.

Saying that, I've been reading until now.

Damn. Ye be needing help.

Saying that, I've been reading until now.

I was going to read, but then Mirror Mode happened.

Finally three starred a 150cc cup. Was surprisingly hax free in that cup

Can confirm that I got my Nintendo Network Premium points for the free download

I played a couple of hours yesterday. The graphics are superb, I'm looking around in awe all the time. As fantastic the graphics may be, the soundtrack is even better?! The music is so atmospheric, it's almost too good for a mario kart game. Just wow.

Some thoughts as I'm on a train, some perhaps a little controversial:

- I find the D pad better for handling, the stick seems a bit too wobbly.

- Rainbow Road N64 is pretty boring now, especially with the new lap structure.

- Wish you could use the new MK8 Rainbow Road with the new N64 music.

- The snow mountain, cloud level and Shy Guy mining levels rule.

- Nintendo really need to patch the map onscreen. Ugh.

- Frantic mode seems more traditional and therefore more fun

- Coins. WHY?

- Graphics are incredible, wow, everything looks super tangible and shiny

- Morton is a massive douche.

- It's great Bullet Bill is back. Incredible item.

- Off-track recovery time is great. So much faster now.

- The individual horns are hilarious.

- Awful, awful battle mode. Stopped after just a few games. DLC please.

- Coins. WHY?

Rainbow Road N64 was always really boring :p

No delivery in my 3! Limited editions from Nintendo uk store ,

No email or code, I did even open a message early afternoon .

No reply

Poor customer service + a shit courier = your worst nightmare for the me t big release .

Yeah. It's pretty poor, the d/l code some got would have definitely placated me, but knowing some got it and I didn't is salt in the wound!

Nintendo definitely should have shipped the game out on Wednesday, especially if they insisted on using yodel.

So yeah... This game is all that and a bag of chips!

It's just simply sublime. The only things that disappoint me about it is the new battle mode (which is indeed garbage, it managed to underperform even my lowest expectations...) and the lack of friends leaderboards for Time Trials (actually, it's a bit of a step back from MK7 in general - what with you only able to race one ghost at a time here...)

Everything else is just...

tumblr_ldy3nbxMHV1qzdf0go1_500.gif

Can confirm that I got my Nintendo Network Premium points for the free download

Yup! I got them too. Awesome! :D

2 free games and then another £15 worth of free eShop downloads on top? (I got a physical and a digital copy of MK8), don't mind if I do! :D

- Coins. WHY?

Wait... hang on a sec. How can it be more boring than the most boring track in MK history? (ignoring the whole super shortcut thing). That course desperately needed a trimming down! (and the segmentation is a clever way of doing that)

Edited by Dcubed

Wait... hang on a sec. How can it be more boring than the most boring track in MK history? (ignoring the whole super shortcut thing). That course desperately needed a trimming down! (and the segmentation is a clever way of doing that)

I mean compared to the new Rainbow Road and the other courses in the game. It just doesn't feel very exciting. At least the music is incredible.