NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

no physical version, no email download code :blank:

I'm waiting for a copy from the Nintendo Store (still tracking at Shaw Hub) and I'm in the same boat. Seeing as I'm not in on Monday it's looking like I'll have to wait until Tuesday for the earliest delivery date now.

To be fair I cannot fault Nintendo for giving out the free code.

What legends. Brilliant customer service.

They may deliver tomorrow but.... It's annoying knowing that some people have gotten a download code, whilst others haven't.

Who, knows, maybe the email was delayed? meh, wishful thinking

To be fair I cannot fault Nintendo for giving out the free code.

What legends. Brilliant customer service.

Blade, what time did you receive the code? And it was in your regular email???

Played through 50cc at the moment, will move onto 100cc now. Two questions though:

- How exactly do you perform tricks?

- In single player, is it possible to play with the Pro controller instead of the gamepad? If so, how do I do this?

Played through 50cc at the moment, will move onto 100cc now. Two questions though:

- How exactly do you perform tricks?

- In single player, is it possible to play with the Pro controller instead of the gamepad? If so, how do I do this?

Tap r at the lip of a jump

And on the main title screen (not menu) just press a on the gamepad

I received the email at 17:53 in normal email.

No Diddy Kong makes me sad. Why do we have the Koopalings clogging up the roster and keeping better characters out? Maybe it's because I wasn't a Mario person when the Koopalings were introduced.

I received the email at 17:53 in normal email.

I'm wondering if they finished work at 6, and I was just unfortunate in not receiving the code, along with a number of others.

Obviously for those who got the d/l code fantastic, but the whole experience has been a very negative one for me so far. I guess I'll see what will happen but my optimism has completly evaporated at this stage.

So they've absolutely destroyed time trials again....

It was absolutely perfect on Mario kart Wii, they ruined it in 3DS and haven't recovered in this version.... So irritating.

Who was it who said you could see the top 10 friends?

Not only does it stop people wanting to upload anything by forcing miiverse, but you can't compare times with anyone.... You have no sense of where you are in the world, Europe, or with friends... Makes me so fucking angry!

They may deliver tomorrow but.... It's annoying knowing that some people have gotten a download code, whilst others haven't.

Who, knows, maybe the email was delayed? meh, wishful thinking

get on to them dude. It may have been a coincidence but I complained and got the email soon after.

I doubt there'll be any one there at this time of day, but worth a shot I guess

get on to them dude. It may have been a coincidence but I complained and got the email soon after.

Did you complain from the shop account?

It was absolutely perfect on Mario kart Wii, they ruined it in 3DS and haven't recovered in this version.... So irritating.

Not only does it stop people wanting to upload anything by forcing miiverse, but you can't compare times with anyone.... You have no sense of where you are in the world, Europe, or with friends... Makes me so fucking angry!

yeah I'm a little puzzled as to why they changed it like this, unless I'm overlooking something here. MKWii's way of handling time trials and ghost data was close to perfect.

I just had a look at the time trial thing. It's insane, really. And having to write something for each ghost is annoying.

Do they not appear as a leaderboard of sorts when you select Race Ghost?

Does the box and manual in UK include four languages or English only? They changed the packaging this year here starting with Yoshi's New Island. I think Nordic and UK markets are again with the same SKUs as it was during the N64 era.

This is generally how leaderboards work:

- The times are added automatically.

- It shows your rank.

- It has different filters: global, region and (most importantly) friends.

Anyone else noticed the nod to another Nintendo series on Moo Moo Farm?

Tesco order arrived so I've got the game on release day and for £5 cheaper! Now to get round to actually playing it...

What does the star thing do between rounds? (Press + to add a star)

Not really no. It shows people who have a close time to you, same with more ghosts. So it wants you to compete against yourself.

I find it truly utterly mind bogglingly staggering how fucking stupid Nintendo can be some times. The whole mode is ruined. Why would do this for two games in a row? Why not keep it the same as the Wii version?

It's just bizarre!

I'd like to know this too!

I'd like to know this too!

It saves the replay as a favourite or something. Think you can keep 5.

Yeah. Then in mario kart tv you can look at your recent races and your favourites.

This is generally how leaderboards work:

- The times are added automatically.

- It shows your rank.

- It has different filters: global, region and (most importantly) friends.

Does it have a leaderboard? Yes. Simple as. Is it a good one? Possibly not. It still has one. I say it is very sufficient, personally. Do we really need a placement? We can see how our score is relative to the other ghosts. We try to beat that. Do we really need an arbitrary number?

Does it have a leaderboard? Yes. Simple as. Is it a good one? Possibly not. It still has one. I say it is very sufficient, personally. Do we really need a placement? We can see how our score is relative to the other ghosts. We try to beat that. Do we really need an arbitrary number?

If you read my post, I said that the most important part is the ability to easily compare scores against friends. Without that, it's pretty pointless.