NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

It arrived. I'll be on from about 7:30-8:00 tonight if anyone wants to ruin my face with shells.

Received another email from Nintendo saying that there are problems but they will do their best for it to get to me today.

I just be lucky as I'm finding 150cc very very easy, getting three stars every time. There doesn't seem to be rubber banding either often I'm streets clear. And I'm someone who never managed 3 stars on the 3ds version at all!

And I take back what I said about the speed, it's absolutely fine. Also, doing flower cup, the game just clicked. It is utterly incredible. It's hard having to do work.... I'm doing a couple of cups, a bit of works, a couple of cups, a bit of works then just mario kart all weekend!

3 stars is easier in this than it's ever been. The only requirement is to finish 1st. It longer matters if you fall of the track, are in last place up until the end or how many times you go off road.

I say easier, the AI is still being a SOB to me and screwing me over.

The rubber banding is still there, though not as bad as it usually is. This has been compensated by how aggressive the AI can be on the higher difficulty level. It's also nice to see that they are just as aggressive to the other AI as they are to you.

AWWW SHEEIIIIT, IT'S HERE! You're probably gonna need a signature @Shorty D:

Currently fucking around the system updates because of the endless loop of "Link your NNID!"

"OH WAIT, YOU GOTTA UPDATE

But do you want to link your NNID?

OH SHIT, YOU CAN'T WHAT AM I SAYING!"

But yeah, beesandeagles every body, PM me if you add. So far I should have a request from Jimbob.

Totally can't decide between WW and Pikmin for the free game. Loved Windwaker on the GC until the dire triforce hunt.

Couldn't get into Pikmin on the GC/Wii but did enjoy the Nintendoland version immensely.

Not fussed or own the other games.

Help an N-E brah out!

Also: bananas have increased in size since GM crop dusting started in the Mushroom kingdom.... :heh:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tfux0.jpg

WHAT? You don't like pikmin? I'd have bet my one and only nut that you'll would have loved that!

Same with Wind Waker.... Crazy!

It's freaking happened again! Coin after coin and then get hit with a red shell before the end of the race. So frustrating!

Think I need a break. I'll go shoot some people in Titanfall, where I actually have a level of control as to whether I actually win or lose.

*throws toys out of pram*

@tapedeck, if it helps, WW has made the Triforce hunt much smoother, as well as the sailing.

Pikmin 3 is great, too.

Is Game & Wario actually any good?

That's the only one that I wouldn't mind owning digitally. I have NSMBU, didn't like Sonic, don't want Olympics, don't like Monster Hunter, own Pimin and Zelda so it leaves Wario and 101.

I think I'd rather have W101 as boxed though.

I know the reviews for Game & Wario were not favourable but if anyone who had it enjoyed it then I may go for it.

Oh wait I just realsied, I have 2 copies of MK, and a second club Nintendo acc. Does this mean I can get 2 games? Do you just get a download code sent as per the 3DS offer that time?!

If that's the case then I can just get both! :D

Received another email from Nintendo saying that there are problems but they will do their best for it to get to me today.

hmm.. I have no emails from Nintendo, as yet, just the text telling me it's apparently not coming today. I'm wishfully thinking here, but it was picked up at 4pm yesterday, so it's due 4pm here today, so that 24 hour delay stated in the text = after 4pm.

AWWW SHEEIIIIT, IT'S HERE! You're probably gonna need a signature @Shorty D:

Mine just arrived :D I went home just in case they used ParcelForce Express24, but it actually came by Royal Mail's normal 24hr service, no signature.

hmm.. I have no emails from Nintendo, as yet, just the text telling me it's apparently not coming today. I'm wishfully thinking here, but it was picked up at 4pm yesterday, so it's due 4pm here today, so that 24 hour delay stated in the text = after 4pm.

I haven't had any texts or emails off Nintendo/Yodel other than the tracking which has been received by local courier since half 8.

WHAT? You don't like pikmin? I'd have bet my one and only nut that you'll would have loved that!

Same with Wind Waker.... Crazy!

May just need to give it another chance. Not an RTS fan.

I loved Wind Waker but had to use an action replay disk back in the day to do the Triforce hunt. Think I may go for WW again if it's better. : peace:

I went for Wind Waker as I haven't played it in years. Looks great. :) But now back to Mario Kart!

Edited by somme

Had to stop playing to get lunch for the kids, while sorting that was able to quickly edit a quick unboxing vid I recorded when I got home with the game this morning :D

@lostmario, in case you're wondering yes I did plug the League, at the end of the vid

Was meant to verbally mention it but forgot in my rush to get the game on so edited in the league logo and some text at the end :)

Well, I was going to get W101, but it's 13GB according to Nintendo's website.

That's a big chunk of my 32GB! :(

Mine just arrived :D I went home just in case they used ParcelForce Express24, but it actually came by Royal Mail's normal 24hr service, no signature.

Wow, nice luck! Good to hear it all worked out for you man!

Hmmmm, I guess I shot myself in the foot by ordering it at the cheap price of 44 euros...

...on a site which has me waiting 4-15 days for it.

:blank:

Oh well, plenty of time to finish up other games, I guess.

Mine got here while I nipped out for some milk. Caught them just as they was about to leave luckily.

I've done all the new travks on 50cc now and tried to get a few online matches going.

My internet seems to want to bail on races on the last lap though. So I'll try again later tonight. If it keeps doing it i'll re-jig a few things.

The postman came back and I have the game! Been playing 3 player grand prix with the housemates, as glorious and infuriating as all other Mario Karts!

I quite like bikes in this game, didn't like 'em in MKWii. But did they remove the wheelie?

When you do 150cc that auto completes the lower cups by the way, so you don't have to bother with 50cc at all - excellent news!

Loving it. But Mario kart Tv is sooooooooo infuriatingly disappointing.