NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Tesco has not provided a tracking number by the time they promised, time for a late phone call!

EDIT: No one in the Entertainment office right now to give some clarification about the tracking number, but the lady I spoke to clarified that the courier SHOULD be Parcelforce as it's over £50.

Guess I'll wait by the front door all day!

Edited by Debug Mode

I was 5th...my NNID is Mark.

Yeah, I'm the Shy Guy Mark in that vid ;)

Was my best ranking in that group, man what a chaos!! :indeed:

The level of detail in this game is absolutely completely insane.

I found myself veering into the lake on one of the courses as I was reading the signs all around the track! :laughing:

I am in awe.

I don't know any of the remade tracks and I'm only upto the second retro cup but I've just raced on this course:

Royal Raceway

Just fantastic. I loved that track anyway and to see it now just made me :o

Toads floating on the lake in swan boats... :bowdown: just delicious.

I love this game! :D

Dear lord, 150cc is so unbelievably brutal. Just got destroyed in the final race. Still won overall but didn't even get a star

I've been on and off this since half one today and I'm officially spent. Finished the 50cc and 100cc off, beat a bunch of staff ghosts and raced online with randoms and N-E. A holiday well spent, with another to come tomorrow.

I think @RedShell is going for completing the game in a day. I don't think he's been off his Wii U since he got the game this morning. :D

My copy of the game arrived today. It's nice, a few good new additions and it looks pretty. On the downside, the GamePad is entirely useless and feels pretty horrible to hold.

Electrodome and Mount Wario are the two stand-out tracks for me, so far.

Played mostly in 2-player. Was nice.

Dear lord, 150cc is so unbelievably brutal. Just got destroyed in the final race. Still won overall but didn't even get a star

How bad is the rubber banding in this edition? Or are we still looking at the same level of CPU bullshit? Haha

I think @RedShell is going for completing the game in a day. I don't think he's been off his Wii U since he got the game this morning. :D

Was about to check if he had made it and was still alive, but I can see him on my friend list. :laughing:

Please tell me the eShop updates at 11!

:laughing: Yeah, this has basically been me all day:

TK8Olhb.gif

Won't go into details right now because it'll just annoy those that are still waiting for their copy, but let's just say this game is indeed a masterpiece. :awesome:

:laughing: Yeah, this has basically been me all day:

TK8Olhb.gif

Won't go into details right now because it'll just annoy those that are still waiting for their copy, but let's just say this game is indeed a masterpiece. :awesome:

But how's the battle mode? The all important question... ;)

I played one battle mode game. Never again. :shakehead

And does anyone know if you can change the multiplayer view from a vertical split to a horizontal? Can't find any options anywhere...

I watched a video of some one playing battle mode and it looks insanely gimped, I really hope the rest of the game makes up for it as that's always been a very fun mode to play. I miss mission mode though, god damn that was good..

I played a good battle game in the toad harbour map. Chaos as folk were teaming up in the 'village' part. Was good fun but still not a patch on the arenas. I'm sure they'll come via DLC. Nintendo need to prolong the life of their releases afterall. And the Mercedes DLC is surely just the start.

Yeah, the game is a masterpiece though. Second time I've felt like I'm playing something technically outstanding on the system..pipping the asset depth seen in DKCTF.

I actually like the GamePad integration (the screens down the side) and have had the pad below the TV with the map on it. Pro controller fits like a leather racing glove for this game though. Think I'll pick up a wheel for gf at the weekend though. Always fun for the casuals.

Also: time-trials should be like digital crack. Here's me on my favourite track:

Edited by tapedeck

I'm on the eshop. Just waiting for it to pop up. Come on Nintendo :)

That new eShop music.

Edit: It's safe to download if people were worried about not qualify for the free game. Make sure to right down the PIN number.

Edited by Ike

Trying to upload a video to YouTube , it's been stuck at 20% for an hour or so, anyone else having MK tv uploading problems ?

I played one battle mode game. Never again. :shakehead

And does anyone know if you can change the multiplayer view from a vertical split to a horizontal? Can't find any options anywhere...

I watched a video of some one playing battle mode and it looks insanely gimped, I really hope the rest of the game makes up for it as that's always been a very fun mode to play. I miss mission mode though, god damn that was good..

Really? I thought it was quite fun :p Especially with a full lobby.

They really nailed the feeling of the game. Ahhh so good. Want to play more but me sleepy.

Would you chaps recommend a headset for the online-ness?

Grainger Games have this Turtle Beach headset which they're selling with the game for a tenner, wondering whether to invest in one also.

Temptation to get a Wii U is rising. This game looks rad.

Do it CC. Premium, Mario Kart and the download game is a pretty rad bundle.

Today is hopefully delivery day for me. Fingers crossed. Again.

Would you chaps recommend a headset for the online-ness?

Grainger Games have this Turtle Beach headset which they're selling with the game for a tenner, wondering whether to invest in one also.

I wouldn't bother getting one to be honest. I was playing with N-E last night and you aren't in lobby long enough to have any decent banter. It also has that shoddy quality/weird echo sound that Wii Speak did, but that could have been due to peeps using the GamePad and not a headset. @lostmario were you using the headset we use for Monster Hunter? It sounded like it was coming from the GamePad.

Mainly to kill time waiting for the game to arrive, I looked up the file sizes of the free games available. For those like me who don't have a hard drive!

Games are in order of size and then rounded to the closest Gb:

NSMBU = 2Gb

Windwaker =2Gb

Nintendoland = 3Gb

Pikmin 3 = 4Gb

Game and Wario= 4Gb

MH3 = 6Gb

Wii Party U 6Gb

Sonic Lost World = 8Gb

Winter Olympics= 10 Gb

Wonderful 101 = 10 Gb