NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

So, anyone claimed their free game yet?

Woops, just read the terms:

With our special Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion, if you register the PIN code for Mario Kart 8 in Club Nintendo between 10:00 (UK time) on May 30th and 23:59 (UK time) on July 31st, you could claim a free download code for one of a selection of great Wii U games!

Did 100cc, three starred everything except Special Cup because Peach snuck in on the final stretch in one race. Not happy :(

Just got home, booted up and played the first retro cup... what a gorgeous game.

I mean, when I looked at some of the screen shots I was almost a little worried that this move to HD would leave the courses bereft of any Nintendo character and charm - how wrong I was.

The courses just look sublime. My favourite bit so far? Peach's paraglider bouncing out into action - the detaaaaiilll! You can virtually see the perforation in the material!

First thing I unlocked after completing the cup...

IMG_20140529_1656181_zpsb3224c14.jpg

PINK GOLD PEACH BITCHES. :heart:

Shiinyyy.

Also, started on 150cc before grinding out 50cc :heh: it feels so much quicker.

I also love the fact you can only hold 1 item despite hating it at first. That will make for a verrry interesting MK League! Bring it on!! : peace:

First thing I unlocked after completing the cup...

IMG_20140529_1656181_zpsb3224c14.jpg

PINK GOLD PEACH BITCHES. :heart:

Shiinyyy.

Also, started on 150cc before grinding out 50cc :heh: it feels so much quicker.

I also love the fact you can only hold 1 item despite hating it at first. That will make for a verrry interesting MK League! Bring it on!! : peace:

Congratulations, you got arguably the most unnecessary character in Mario Kart history, and that includes Honey Queen!

I've decided to enter the N-E League. Should be fun!

I retract my earlier rage.... Still feel I'm getting it late now every bugger else has it.

mm. I wonder if I will be as fortunate as you - I too received a confirmation email suggesting 3rd June. Hoping tomorrow will have a pleasant surprise in store for me :)

Did 100cc, three starred everything except Special Cup because Peach snuck in on the final stretch in one race. Not happy :(

Moments like that was more annoying than getting hit by blue shells repeatedly. Just simply drives by you three meters before the goal.

Congratulations, you got arguably the most unnecessary character in Mario Kart history, and that includes Honey Queen!

I've decided to enter the N-E League. Should be fun!

Excellent to hear. After that blasphemy it will give me greater pleasure when I kick your ass with her on Thursday. :heh:

Excellent to hear. After that blasphemy it will give me greater pleasure when I kick your ass with her on Thursday. :heh:

That's setting yourself up for quite a fall if I do happen to perform better. Careful now...

I shall represent the glory that is the Mii!

Do you have to do 50cc and 100cc to unlock thing? I just did the mushroom cup on 100cc and it was too easy and quite boring so I'd rather not have do those if I don't have to.

Do you have to do 50cc and 100cc to unlock thing? I just did the mushroom cup on 100cc and it was too easy and quite boring so I'd rather not have do those if I don't have to.
Short answer, yes.
Buggering bugger

This is why I always do 50/100 cc first. Get the easy stuff out of the way as quickly as possible.

Great game so far but it could stand to be a little faster in 150cc.

Great game so far but it could stand to be a little faster in 150cc.

Perhaps they could DLC release a 200cc... Is there a reason they limit to 150cc?

This is why I always do 50/100 cc first. Get the easy stuff out of the way as quickly as possible.

Same here. It's also good to learn the tracks this way, without the cheating AI giving you hassle. :D

Same here. It's also good to learn the tracks this way, without the cheating AI giving you hassle. :D

I actually use Time Trials to learn track layouts and practice shortcuts that require mushrooms and so on.

I actually use Time Trials to learn track layouts and practice shortcuts that require mushrooms and so on.

I never go that in depth with it all. If it doesn't have an unlockable then I don't bother with it.

I never go that in depth with it all. If it doesn't have an unlockable then I don't bother with it.

Time Trials have stamps to unlock :p

Time Trials have stamps to unlock :p

I know, I'm on doing it now. :)

I meant generally I don't go in depth with games, learning tricks, tracks, maps etc. unless I get a goodie for my effort. :D

Mario Kart Wii had 3 characters that could be unlocked through time trials.

Some one on gaf says you don't need to do the slower CC's. All the stats from 150cc count for the lower CC's as well.

Mario Kart Wii had 3 characters that could be unlocked through time trials.

I know there were characters to be had. If it's got an unlockable I'll go for it but if it's doing something like time trials just to learn tricks or shortcuts I don't bother.

*sigh*

Why is the default option after a race to watch the highlights? So annoying when it should be next race. Keep catching it by mistake.

Why is the default option after a race to watch the highlights? So annoying when it should be next race. Keep catching it by mistake.

They want you to earn them money? I don't know.

Or it could be because if you click onto next race by mistake then your video is lost and by doing it this way it makes it more of a conscious decision to push the control stick to move onto the next race rather than mindlessly pressing buttons.

Edited by Wii

Yeah, this little thing is quite annoying. I suppose if it was the other around and someone hit next race by accident they would lose the option to watch the highlights.