NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I suppose it's no worse than the Callway stuff in Mario Golf WT really, but it feels weirder here because it's such a well known brand.

It also feel weirder because it looks horrendously out of place. The Mario Golf: World Tour, Wave Race and Pikmin advertising stuff looked fine in-game.

It also feel weirder because it looks horrendously out of place. The Mario Golf: World Tour, Wave Race and Pikmin advertising stuff looked fine in-game.

On the other hand, that does actually make it kinda funny in of itself here though :laughing:

BoySaICCYAApsIb.jpg:large

It does look totally ridiculous :laughing:

I'm at work today. Tesco buyers who got an estimated delivery date of Sat 31st, keep me updated! :p

I actually thought the DLC was fake.

Looking at the screenshots, it still looks fake. I literally did a double take at it!

Looking at the screenshots, it still looks fake. I literally did a double take at it!

That's the thing. It's so ridiculous, and that in itself makes it so Nintendo

That's either one tiny car, or one giant plumber.

I'm really excited to play this now.

It's been so long since MK Wii (which I didn't really like) and as much as I loved MK7, I played the shit out of that what with online matches and the league etc. I definitely got fatigued with that game after all the hours I put into it.

I'm definitely not here for the bikes though, which should have been scrapped for all eternity. :heh:

I'm really excited to play this now.

It's been so long since MK Wii (which I didn't really like) and as much as I loved MK7, I played the shit out of that what with online matches and the league etc. I definitely got fatigued with that game after all the hours I put into it.

I'm definitely not here for the bikes though, which should have been scrapped for all eternity. :heh:

Well they have balanced bikes, if that makes you feel better.

Bikes are better at turning, but cars are faster.

A mate brought over his Wii U and Mario Kart 8 yesterday.

We played a couple of Grand Prix, I've seen all the tracks and while the game looks absolutely fucking incredible I have to say: Meh.

It's Mario Kart, alright. And that's about it. I've come to dislike the Mario Kart franchise as it's really the same game over and over again.

Here I thought it would be a potential system seller for me :( *hoping for Smash Bros*

And people, before you bash me into oblivion and back: It's a good game, I appreciate that Nintendo still has what it takes to make good games.

It's just: My taste has changed and Mario Kart has begun to bore me.

I guess when we have 4 player races next Saturday it will be fun, but I got sick of playing after 1 1/2 hours yesterday, so let's see how long that will last :p

@drahkon you hype-killer! :(

Just kidding. : peace:

------------------

It had arrrrrrivvvved! :D

First race was amazing. :)

*realises I have to go to work soon*

Off I go to cram as much Mario Kart 8 as is humanly possible into half an hour! :heh:

Gutted most of you will get the game today and I have to wait til midnight to download it... Then the morning to actually play it...

But will it be midnight Europe time or uk time?

Gutted most of you will get the game today and I have to wait til midnight to download it... Then the morning to actually play it...

But will it be midnight Europe time or uk time?

Pretty sure that "midnight" translates to 23:00 for us here in the UK when it comes to midnight eShop releases...

This is me right now

scott-pilgrim-waiting.jpg

Back in my day, the post used to arrive when I was eating breakfast.

Edited by Serebii

I'm in Europe so still midnight for me. No chance of it being 1 in the afternoon then? :)

Any shopto orders turned up ?

And had there been any Movement on the nintnedo uk store orders ? My limited edition has still not shipped .

I take it RedShells absence on here is due to either he has his copy or has died from the hype. :D

"Dispatch Date: Est: 30/05/2014"

Curse you Nintendo UK Store! I'll be waiting till Saturday then. When I'm working all day... Grr argh!

My post doesn't come until about 3pm so I may got get my hair cut soon to kill a little bit of time until Mario Kart 8 hopefully comes :heh:

I'm not working today so I'm pretty excited at the prospect of getting my hands on it today :yay:

*realises I have to go to work soon*

Off I go to cram as much Mario Kart 8 as is humanly possible into half an hour! :heh:

Well I managed to finish the first cup and now I am gutted that I have to go to work. :(

But I shouldn't complain, I have the game a day early and for that I am grateful, at least it will be waiting for when I come home later. : peace:

I finally have a reason to exist again thanks to Mario Kart 8! :heh:

Being serious though, it has cheered me up no end. :)

#thepowerofnintendomagic ;)

Yes.

And had there been any Movement on the nintnedo uk store orders ?

Dispatched.

EDIT: removed the gif. Post looked rude/arrogant even though I had no intention of doing it that way.

Edited by -Dem0-

Yeah, mine showed up. T-shirt and all. Not had time to play it yet though as I'm doing some work at home.

Aw man, first time that I have sore-fingeritus since the early Wii Sports days... This game is addictive, soooooooo much better than MKWii!!!