NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

So I guess I'm the only one picking it up sometime next week? I'm not in this weekend so I'd not bothered reserving a copy etc.

Funnily enough i'm not in this weekend. Still going to get a copy day 1

You could grab it and have a few races Saturday morning :)

Edited by Blade

Funnily enough i'm not in this weekend. Still going to get a copy day 1

You could grab it and have a few races Saturday morning :)

Morning? Me, wake up in the morning?! No.

I spent too long trying to decide if I should get the limited edition or normal version of this game. I chose just to get the normal version, since that Blue Shell statue doesn't really seem worth an extra £20.

Knowing my luck, we'll find out its secretly a NFC toy that unlocks a bunch of cool stuff lol

Why are you doing this to yourself? :D
What? I didn't go hunting around the Art Academy community looking for Mario Kart related artwork, if that's what you mean. :blank: (I'm obsessed, but not that obsessed. :heh:)

I've been following that artist on Miiverse for quite a while now (so their posts appear in my Activity Feed) and they just happened to do a piece based on MK8. ::shrug:

What? I didn't go hunting around the Art Academy community looking for Mario Kart related artwork, if that's what you mean. :blank: (I'm obsessed, but not that obsessed. :heh:)

I've been following that artist on Miiverse for quite a while now (so their posts appear in my Activity Feed) and they just happened to do a piece based on MK8. ::shrug:

Sure, sure.

*walks slowly towards RedShell with a straight jacket*

Someone said whole of France got the game early? That certaintly shows online :p Majority of those I have played against online are French, as well as a few Japanese.

I wonder how lostmario's tournament will work though. Doesn't seem like you can vote for any course, but from a set offered to you, like in most online games. Or maybe it works differently in private lobbies?

MK 8 Mario/Luigi Gamepad Protector sets have all sold out already from Nintendo uk store, Anywhere else selling them apart from import

Other TV ads other than the pure gameplay one that is doing the rounds on TV atm

They need to do a 18+ version of that with four drunk blokes playing it

#slightlysexist

You know my hype levels are increasing when I'm passing the time creating a new MK signature... which I neeeever do.

Starmie's in retirement... for now! :heh:

They're all really good adverts (and show the free game promotion), so if this doesn't work I don't know what will!

I've seen ads on E4 including the promo for the competition they are doing.

So apparently German stores are also selling it today.... Just sit and wait till friday...

I just placed a pre-order with ShopTo as well as keeping my Nintendo online shop order.

I didn't choose a T-Shirt size as I don't really want a Tee and I'll be getting one with my Nintendo store order.

Do you think that could possibly delay my order as I haven't selected one or do you think they'll just process and send without a Tee? I'd rather just not have a Tee and avoid the possibility of the order being delayed because of it. (Potentially)

Urgh. I would just wait for the Ninty store order but I have zero faith in that arriving before next week!

I wonder how lostmario's tournament will work though. Doesn't seem like you can vote for any course, but from a set offered to you, like in most online games. Or maybe it works differently in private lobbies?

I think they've done that in public games to stop people picking the same courses again and again, doubt it'll be like that in private lobbies.

If it is though, we'll work around it.

Other TV ads other than the pure gameplay one that is doing the rounds on TV atm

People are gonna be so miffed when they find their game doesn't come with a anti-gravity couch...:heh:

Sure, sure.

*walks slowly towards RedShell with a straight jacket*

bApsPm0.gif

I think they've done that in public games to stop people picking the same courses again and again, doubt it'll be like that in private lobbies.

If it is though, we'll work around it.

Yeah, the predetermined track choices are only for worldwide vs against randoms. Good addition too I reckon.

The amount of times I had to play Wuhu Mountain Loop on the trot in MK7... :shakehead

People are gonna be so miffed when they find their game doesn't come with a anti-gravity couch...:heh:

Don't worry, I'm already prepping the lawsuit

For those located in the Netherlands, @markderoos @Fused King afaik

Wehkamp.nl is apparantly sending the game today if you order before 22:00 (€57 incl. shipping). And according to the Mycom.nl site the game will be delivered tomorrow if you order before 23:30 (€55 total).

So if you're in a gambling mood...:heh: (I'm still not sure if I crave it enough for the 5-7 euro extra)

For those located in the Netherlands, @markderoos @Fused King afaik

Wehkamp.nl is apparantly sending the game today if you order before 22:00 (€57 incl. shipping). And according to the Mycom.nl site the game will be delivered tomorrow if you order before 23:30 (€55 total).

So if you're in a gambling mood...:heh: (I'm still not sure if I crave it enough for the 5-7 euro extra)

Ah, so you're Dutch too!? :)

I already have a preorder at mycom, but they're known for releaseday shenanigans ;)

Best bet seems to be watching Dutch gaming forums for when the first Media Markt shop starts selling it. After that, they drop like flies within an hour :indeed:

All scared of the almighty embargo monster :heh:

Tesco order status is now at "Payment Authorised"

Is tomorrow the final day?! One can only hope!

My Shopto order is "processing" and they took mah money.

First pre-order I've done for a loooooooong time. I'm almost *too* excited.