NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Na, it's just the voice chat talk is done to death because absolutely nothing new can be said about it, and bringing it up is just retreading things that were in previous posts. That's why some are getting annoyed, in my view

And what? Only one person can express an opinion and then everyone that agrees should shut up?

Yes it may have been said before, but people are entitled to their opinions. When everyone was talking about how pretty the game looked, without furthering the conversation, where were the "we've heard this before" cries?

If there was no voice chat discussion the thread would be dead, given how early the've released all the other info.

I'll state again, if people don't like talking about voice chat then bring up another topic of conversation. Just saying 'stop talking about voice chat' isn't doing anything to stop it as it's currently the only thing people are posting about. We now have a whole page of discussion about complaints about these posts so maybe that's some indication of how there's nothing else to talk about?

If you don't like the topic of conversation either introduce a new one yourself or wait for someone else to. Don't moan about what other people want to talk about. You don't have a monopoly on forum discussion.

So, apparently there's no voice chat during the online races. Can anybody confirm?

So, apparently there's no voice chat during the online races. Can anybody confirm?

Source please? This is the first I'm hearing of it!

If you don't like the topic of conversation either introduce a new one yourself or wait for someone else to. Don't moan about what other people want to talk about. You don't have a monopoly on forum discussion.

Says the guy moaning at other people, telling them what they can and can't post. Oh the ironing.

Read your post again and you might see just how laughably hypocritical it comes across.

Edited by Ronnie

What? Next you'll be telling me it's running at 59 FPS.

And what? Only one person can express an opinion and then everyone that agrees should shut up?

Yes it may have been said before, but people are entitled to their opinions. When everyone was talking about how pretty the game looked, without furthering the conversation, where were the "we've heard this before" cries?

Yeah, spot on. A lot of the time it feels like insecurity. Certain people are so attached to a franchise or purchase they've made that they can't bear to hear criticism against it. It's not that the comments are boring and repeated, because as you say, absolutely nothing is said to people repeating 'this looks amazing', and so on.

These people need to either put the critical people they can't stand on ignore or bring up other subjects. In calling out critics all they achieve is the absolute opposite of what they want.

I think it's a good thing. I thought people talking and singing during races in GTA Online was annoying and distracting.

I think it's a good thing. I thought people talking and singing during races in GTA Online was annoying and distracting.

But it's not an either/or kind of deal. It should be up to the user. This is why it's so frustrating, some of us do like to talk during races but there are also some who do not.

Disable voice chat during gameplay?

>Yes

>No

Perhaps, but surely you see how people can be frustrated by it. They want to come and discuss the game but all they see is people going on and on about the same feature over and over and over, providing nothing new, deflating their hype because all they see is negativity.

Perhaps, but surely you see how people can be frustrated by it. They want to come and discuss the game but all they see is people going on and on about the same feature over and over and over, providing nothing new, deflating their hype because all they see is negativity.

Sorry what?

Other people should stop voicing their opinions about what for them is a genuine omission in the game design just so other can maintain a falsely inflated sense of "hype"?

That's the worst thing I've read on here in ages. Essentially you've just suggested that everyone shut up so as not to wake the ostriches with their heads in the ground please.

Please can we talk about how our orders are being processed and shipped instead?

Sorry what?

Other people should stop voicing their opinions about what for them is a genuine omission in the game design just so other can maintain a falsely inflated sense of "hype"?

That's the worst thing I've read on here in ages. Essentially you've just suggested that everyone shut up so as not to wake the ostriches with their heads in the ground please.

No, I'm suggesting people stop going round in circles and let people be happy for once :p

Personally, I don't care either way. I was just saying why people may be getting annoyed at it. I've had a great weekend and won't let this crap ruin my mood :p

Less than a week to go!

Anyone looking forward to Mario Kart 8 then?

Nah, heard its tripe, mate.

Anyone looking forward to Mario Kart 8 then?

The frame they lose every 64 frames when the CPU is on has deflated my hype. Nintendo is doomed. :p

Yeah, I'm so excited, even though I know so many people with it already

I'm spinning in my chair hoping that I'll get my dispatch email today...

picgifs-mario-kart-0698311.gif

Seems a bit optimistic on a bank holiday :p

I'm doing that usual "regret buying it from anywhere other than ShopTo just to save a fiver instead of getting it early" self kicking :blank:

Seems a bit optimistic on a bank holiday :p

I'm doing that usual "regret buying it from anywhere other than ShopTo just to save a fiver instead of getting it early" self kicking :blank:

Where is the Nintendo eshop based? Just thinking, if they are shipped from oversea's that may influence things slightly on the bank holiday front. Although I can't see Nintendo releasing early.

Tuesday shipped, Wednesday in transit, Thursday delivery is my hope/dream. My expectation is Friday shipped, Saturday some transit, Sunday sit around doing nothing, Monday finish transit, Tuesday arrive.

I see absolutely no logic in that.

Are you honestly saying your hype is so weak that someone (or several someones) expressing disappointment in one area is enough to kill it? Especially when most people are still getting it in spite of their grievance. Surely that's better? "Nintendo messed up with this omission, but I'm getting it anyway and can't wait!" is surely better than simply "can't wait!!" It shows that fans are still excited. How is that a bad thing?

There might be one or two for whom it is a deal breaker, but why the hell should that poop your party?

I see absolutely no logic in that.

Are you honestly saying your hype is so weak that someone (or several someones) expressing disappointment in one area is enough to kill it? Especially when most people are still getting it in spite of their grievance. Surely that's better? "Nintendo messed up with this omission, but I'm getting it anyway and can't wait!" is surely better than simply "can't wait!!" It shows that fans are still excited. How is that a bad thing?

There might be one or two for whom it is a deal breaker, but why the hell should that poop your party?

I never said my hype was being deflated? Stop projecting.

Well we managed 6 positive Nintendo/MK posts on the trot. A new NE record!! :p