NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Maybe to the people who want to chat with their friends whilst playing the 'Voice chat isn't a big deal' discussion is boring.

I think we should put up a voice chat group to discuss this particular voice chat situation via, you guessed it, voice chat! To voice chat or not to voice chat, o' that is the question...

Did I mention voice chat yet?

If we put up another dozen pages on it, maybe Nintendo will change the voice chat options in time for release and include proper voice chat that will make the voice chat fans happy enough to post another dozen pages of voice chat chat.

It is boring, but it's also necessary. This is more than just "Nintendo not adding voicechat", this is more to do with Nintendo dropping the ball too many times. Adding the chat in lobbies but not in the actual game is typical of Nintendo's logic.

Fans have a right to be pissed off. They should be allowed to vent and discuss it on a discussion board. It's too late now to change anything, obviously. But, it also shows that fans are tired of this bullshit. They're haemorrhaging fans really quickly and pulling shit like this won't bring those fans back. It's going to send them the other way.

It's a shame because this game could have and should have been the statement that Nintendo were going to go all out to include all of the features that you'd expect from such a game. When you couple this with the information about the battle mode being lacklustre and the poor character line-up, it's plain to see why fans are mixed about this.

The small list of negatives aside, it's still going to be a fantastic game I'm sure but yes Nintendo do need to start listening at least a little more.

If you don't like the current discussion either don't take part or introduce a new topic. Don't just bitch and whine like a toddler.

The small list of negatives aside, it's still going to be a fantastic game I'm sure but yes Nintendo do need to start listening at least a little more.

It better be amazing, I'll be heartbroken if Wario is nerfed in any way. :heh:

I'm looking forward to trying out the gravity mechanic and seeing what that adds. As someone who didn't bother with 7 and disliked Wii, I'm hoping that it'll seem quite fresh to me.

Also, it's going to look immense in HD. Hoping for a big "wow" when I boot it up for the first time.

If you don't like the current discussion either don't take part or introduce a new topic. Don't just bitch and whine like a toddler.

I'm confused - if that was aimed at me - but ok. :wtf:

I was simply stating that Mario Kart 8 will still surely be brilliant with or without full voice chat, even though we won't get it at launch there is still the possibility of it being patched in but I do agree that Nintendo are woefully behind the times in some respects and it is indeed quite baffling. :blank:

Surely it would have been logical for them to at least let us have the option of voice chat during gameplay for 'Friends only' games at the very least, I mean where's the harm in that? ::shrug:

If they are pushing the hardware to it's absolute limits, it is feasible that voice chat would have resulted in performance dips. Their priority was on the gameplay. From the review I read a bit earlier it seems MK8 is just about the best game they are capable of producing with the Wii U hardware at this time.

I am hopeful that they will respond to the outcry from certain vocal quarters, and include voice chat in DLC. Directly contacting the company (via slow mail, through email and online petitions) to indicate that this is a case of them being perceived as dropping the ball, is more likely to achieve the presumable goal of getting them to patch this.

Out of interest, if it were a case of sacrificing another element of the game, what would people rather be sacrificed to allow voice chat be included?

Refresh rate?

Draw distance?

polygonal count?

texture quality?

MKTV?

simplification of AI?

increased connection failures?

Edited by Pestneb

I find it real lame that more than 10 years on since the introduction of 'proper' online console gaming, voice chat is still an issue here.

Game looks great though. ;)

I do have to laugh at the people who complain that people are still talking about the voice chat thing. You don't have to participate in it, you don't even have to acknowledge it, you're not contractually obliged to talk about it because others are. It's even more hilarious because it actually makes it more of a focal point than just simply ignoring it and discussing what you want to discuss. Also, complaining about peoples criticisms just makes you sound like SammyClassicSonicFan, just throwing that out there, you fricks.

I do have to laugh at the people who complain that people are still talking about the voice chat thing. You don't have to participate in it, you don't even have to acknowledge it, you're not contractually obliged to talk about it because others are. It's even more hilarious because it actually makes it more of a focal point than just simply ignoring it and discussing what you want to discuss. Also, complaining about peoples criticisms just makes you sound like SammyClassicSonicFan, just throwing that out there, you fricks.

Pretty much how I feel about people complaining about any generally negative criticism against Nintendo around these parts too.

simplification of AI?

Surely this would be the only logical choice as the AI revolves around bullshit any way?

I would have said MKTV, but I've not tried it thus can't say for sure if I'll enjoy it.

Pretty much how I feel about people complaining about any generally negative criticism against Nintendo around these parts too.

But I've opened up a new dimension of complaining that people are complaining about other's complaints. When will this madness end?

Surely this would be the only logical choice as the AI revolves around bullshit any way?

I would have said MKTV, but I've not tried it thus can't say for sure if I'll enjoy it.

I guess AI is redundant in online games anyway, which I imagine should allow for the freed up horsepower to go to a stable connection and voice chat.

But I'm feeling pretty positive about the game, looking forward to getting to play it in just a few days :)

I'm confused - if that was aimed at me - but ok. :wtf:

It wasn't aimed at you at all : peace:

It wasn't aimed at you at all : peace:

Ah fair enough, I didn't think it was but was just making sure. : peace:

In any case, I know it's not the 'proper thread' but I've added you on my Wii U. :)

Anyone else who wants to add me/me to add them let me know and we'll have some games on MK8 when it's finally out. :D

I can't believe it's less than 5 days away now! :yay:

I'll add back when I get mk8, I probably won't be using my Wii U before then lol :)

I guess AI is redundant in online games anyway, which I imagine should allow for the freed up horsepower to go to a stable connection and voice chat.

But I'm feeling pretty positive about the game, looking forward to getting to play it in just a few days :)

I think there's no one in this thread that isn't feeling largely positive about the game, it's just a few classic Nintendo wiggles that kinda hamper the hype heh.

Been keeping an eye on my Tesco order each day to see if there's any progress because I'm excited, even though the fact it's a bank holiday weekend kind of makes it redundant.

Ah fair enough, I didn't think it was but was just making sure. : peace:

In any case, I know it's not the 'proper thread' but I've added you on my Wii U. :)

Anyone else who wants to add me/me to add them let me know and we'll have some games on MK8 when it's finally out. :D

I can't believe it's less than 5 days away now! :yay:

I'll add you, brah. My Friendcode is 9263104323199542321. We'll organise our games over MSN, see you there.

I'll add you, brah. My Friendcode is 9263104323199542321. We'll organise our games over MSN, see you there.

Ah MSN... those were the days, 'dat alert sound effect.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've added you on my Wii U, brah.

:D

Toys R Us are offering 40% off another game when you purchase MK8. What an amazing deal that is. If this doesn't shift the Wii U then nothing will. $80 or there abouts for 3 games. Get it while while the going is good. If only somebody would replicate that deal this side of the Atlantic.

Come on. Nintendo release a game, miss a standard feature and the weeks before it gets discussed to death. It's then released and it stops being discussed. We've been through this many times. Those that are annoyed, rest assured it'll stop in five days.

Somebody want to tell me what he said because I switched off after 10 seconds? No way I'm listening to that voice for 12 minutes.

Na, it's just the voice chat talk is done to death because absolutely nothing new can be said about it, and bringing it up is just retreading things that were in previous posts. That's why some are getting annoyed, in my view