NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Nintendo will nickel and dime this until every one who got the Wii U cheap pays back all the money they saved.

Oh you want BATORU MAPPUSU? That'll be tree fiddy.

Gamepad screen during multiplayer is independent? TREE FIDDY.

Voice chat during gameplay option for games with friends? BEST BELIEVE THAT'LL BE TREE FIDDY.

We'll stop duplicating that frame for you for a small charge of tree fiddy.

Nintendo can definitely take my tree fiddy for DLC cups containing more old courses though. Where's muh Baby Park?!

Classic! :indeed:

Still undecided as to whether I actually want this game or not. It's out this week but I've struggled to sum up any excitement for a Mario Kart game since 64. I want to be sucked into the hype and get on board the train but I'm really quite indifferent to the series right now.

Still undecided as to whether I actually want this game or not. It's out this week but I've struggled to sum up any excitement for a Mario Kart game since 64. I want to be sucked into the hype and get on board the train but I'm really quite indifferent to the series right now.
Next week. I'm counting the seconds. :heh:

Have you watched any of the trailers, the ND? ::shrug:

Next week. I'm counting the seconds. :heh:

Have you watched any of the trailers, the ND? ::shrug:

I've watched a couple of them but I never bothered to watch the ND. Not all the comments here seemed too enthusiatic for the presentation style, even if they felt the game looked good, and I didn't fancy sitting through annoying people talking, that's what work is for. I've read the very positive reviews from my trifecta of trust (EDGE, Metro and EG) but I'm still not convinced yet.

I've watched a couple of them but I never bothered to watch the ND. Not all the comments here seemed too enthusiatic for the presentation style, even if they felt the game looked good, and I didn't fancy sitting through annoying people talking, that's what work is for. I've read the very positive reviews from my trifecta of trust (EDGE, Metro and EG) but I'm still not convinced yet.
Yeah, the ND was pretty cheesy :grin: had a lot of info though.

Anyway, if

didn't/doesn't make you want the game, I don't think anything will. :blank:

Nintendo can definitely take my tree fiddy for DLC cups containing more old courses though. Where's muh Baby Park?!

I want my baby park baby park baby park baby park.

I want my baby park...

Yeah, the ND was pretty cheesy :grin: had a lot of info though.

Anyway, if

didn't/doesn't make you want the game, I don't think anything will. :blank:

I had seen that one actually and it does look good... It's probably me. I'm wanting something completely new feeling but this is Mario Kart for a reason. If it felt completely different, it wouldn't be Mario Kart any more.

I think another part of the reason I'm not super enthused for it is the continued absense of F-Zero. Buying other racing games almost feels like I'm suggesting I'm ok with its fade into obscurity but this looks like it will be the closest we get for some time.

I had seen that one actually and it does look good... It's probably me. I'm wanting something completely new feeling but this is Mario Kart for a reason. If it felt completely different, it wouldn't be Mario Kart any more.

I think another part of the reason I'm not super enthused for it is the continued absense of F-Zero. Buying other racing games almost feels like I'm suggesting I'm ok with its fade into obscurity but this looks like it will be the closest we get for some time.

I agree with everything that you say, especially that last bit.

We've already ordered this. I keep shifting daily between being excited and then not caring. Even when I am excited, it's not...hugely excited. It's not like how I was excited to play ZombiU or The Wonderful 101, for example. In fact, I think the deal with the free game was what secured it for me.

In fact, I think the deal with the free game was what secured it for me.

Naturally I will be taking advantage of the free game deal... but I'm not so excited about the free game deal, I more or less have all the games I wanted out of those offered. Still deciding which one to take a punt on, I may end up asking my nephew which he is most interested in, although his track record is a bit hit and miss on that front.. so maybe I will just roll a dice :D

Naturally I will be taking advantage of the free game deal... but I'm not so excited about the free game deal, I more or less have all the games I wanted out of those offered. Still deciding which one to take a punt on, I may end up asking my nephew which he is most interested in, although his track record is a bit hit and miss on that front.. so maybe I will just roll a dice :D

Go for the ones you are mildly interested in, but wouldn't actually buy. That's why I'm going for The Wind Waker HD. ;)

In fact, I think the deal with the free game was what secured it for me.

That's kinda the biggest draw with me right now but given a lot of those games can be found around the £20 mark just lately, I could potentially buy two from that selection for the cost of Mario Kart and the free one... except I've gotten two games I have more interest in.

Go for the ones you are mildly interested in, but wouldn't actually buy. That's why I'm going for The Wind Waker HD. ;)

I'm actually going with Wii Party U as I feel that it will be the one that will 'fit' best on the Wii U Menu :heh: I already have Nintendo Land, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD in physical form so there wasn't much else to choose from :indeed:

There will be plenty of you SCREAMING The Wonderful 101, but it's not a game I would appreciate as a downloaded title, particularly given my lack of enthusiasm for the game in the first place :hmm: If I was to eventually get the game, it would be a disc copy that I could sell on if I found I didn't enjoy it..

I'm getting Monster Hunter man, I could barely give a fuck about the others. I'd like to try Wonderful 101 but it just doesn't look like my kind of thing.

W101 is an amazing game, but you'll probably get way more out of Monster Hunter. Let's definitely hunt sometime dude!

I'm getting Monster Hunter man, I could barely give a fuck about the others. I'd like to try Wonderful 101 but it just doesn't look like my kind of thing.

combination of games I already own/disappointed by demo's rules out 6 of the available games. I'm going to try out the lost world demo again, see if it leaves a better impression, and I need to find out more about wind waker, I already own it so would most likely just stick with the cube version.

I too agree. I want F-Zero. I'm losing interest in MK8, still getting it for the free game but a few things bother me. If this game does well, Smash will have most likely the same voicechat features. My purchasing this game says I'm O.K. with that when I'm not. I wrote a long e-mail to Nintendo a few weeks ago explaining my grievances, got an automated response then a short response from someone, no better than the automated response. Pi$$ing in the wind.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your email and feedback. We are sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the new Mario Kart 8 game. We have passed your feedback and details on to the relevant department. If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Josh Burns

Your Nintendo UK Team

0845 60 50 247

Fax: 0203 166 4136

Online Store: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/home.dept

Email: customer-support@Nintendo.co.uk

Visit: http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

Battle Mode sounds like a game of hide and seek. I hope they're working on FREE DLC, you know they are. Pikmin 3 got it, not free mind you. MK8 is a monster franchise compared to Pikmin or anything for that matter. Maybe they'll patch things up for the better.

Digital Foundry vs Mario Kart 8

Seems there is some slight inconsistency in the frame-rate. Really looking forward to finally playing the game next week, see if I can notice this. But yeah, 59fps is still awesome considering the quality of the visuals. :awesome:

I just cancelled my pre-order. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

:p

Oh boy, who let Neogaf in?

Oh boy, who let Neogaf in?
I can't believe there's a 21 page thread about that on neogaf.

Actually... I can. :heh:

I too agree. I want F-Zero. I'm losing interest in MK8, still getting it for the free game but a few things bother me. If this game does well, Smash will have most likely the same voicechat features. My purchasing this game says I'm O.K. with that when I'm not. I wrote a long e-mail to Nintendo a few weeks ago explaining my grievances, got an automated response then a short response from someone, no better than the automated response. Pi$$ing in the wind.

Battle Mode sounds like a game of hide and seek. I hope they're working on FREE DLC, you know they are. Pikmin 3 got it, not free mind you. MK8 is a monster franchise compared to Pikmin or anything for that matter. Maybe they'll patch things up for the better.

I think Nintendo have already made a decision about voice chat in smash.

Nintendo are strange. Mario kart doesn't have the right.voice chat but smash might although I seriously doubt it. Smash may allow invites in game unlike Mario kart.

Mario golf has great online modes but Hydrule warriors is not online at all.

Why can't Nintendo be Consistent??

Get up to speed with Sony and MS and keep that way for all first party games.

Voice chat.

We still talking about it? Yes, it's crap it doesn't have it in the races itself but we had this discussion for about 10 pages and it's now getting a tad boring.

Roll on release day.

But yeah Nintendo will probably fuck up with voice chat in Smash but thats for the Smash thread. I expect at least 20 pages of discussion. :p

Edited by Blade

Voice chat.

We still talking about it? Yes, it's crap it doesn't have it in the races itself but we had this discussion for about 10 pages and it's now getting a tad boring.

I've got to agree that the discussion is getting pretty boring now. It's not in and - in my opinion is not a deal breaker. Voice chat is in my experience nearly always descends into cacophony of inaudible voice and feedback; from The Hideous Conduit to COD I've not come across one game that doesn't suffer from terrible voice chat audio either from the technology used or some idiots screaming in the TV. The lack of it is really worth complaining about.

@david\.dakota, you seem to be missing the main thing about voice chat everyone here wants: talking to friends. I think most of us are perfectly fine if Nintendo don't have voice chat against random people as that's perfectly understandable (especially for Mario Kart). However, the choice of not have in-game voice chat with friends is a stupid decision.

Nintendo should really look into getting a voice chat app working with multitasking on Wii U, similar to how it works on Xbox. I'm sure the Wii U could handle it. Well, I'd hope it could handle it. Something tells me such a thing would be impossible.

Voice chat.

Roll on release day.

But yeah Nintendo will probably fuck up with voice chat in Smash but thats for the Smash thread. I expect at least 20 pages of discussion. :p

This. Except it got boring a week or two ago.