NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Give it at least a go for a couple of weeks, voice chat in the lobby before and after might make a difference, you never know.

The servers better be a LOT better than this!

After this experience I doubt I will be joining the league nights.
Duuuuuuude... You gotta join. :(

Give it at least a go for a couple of weeks, voice chat in the lobby before and after might make a difference, you never know.
This.

The league seems a bit daunting :p
The league is awesome. :awesome:

Seriously, and theme GPs are especially amazing, not to mention something that you're unlikely to experience when playing the game in local (or random online) multiplayer.

12 players using exactly the same character/vehicle setup simultaneously is a sight to behold! :bouncy:icon14.gif

I can't wait to witness carnage like this in HD on MK8!:

ROJSrfE.gif

That GIF is nuts!
Yep. :D

That was definitely one of the most epic moments in N-E MK league history. Although there have been many more, including loads on MK7 (as you'll be well aware ;)) that unfortunately weren't recorded due to lack of an easy way to capture footage. :sad:

A lot of the spectacular MK7 moments really had an impact on the framerate and produced some major slowdown. Gonna be interesting to see if we can break the silky smooth 60fps on MK8 too. :grin:

Confused between Wii and Wii U. Not confused between Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

People be dumb.

All of Microsoft's consoles have been called Xbox and not all of Nintendo's consoles have not been called Wii, but it's numerous Wii accessories have been.

Someone wrote a great analysis of the problems the name has caused, but I never saved it :(

Anyway. Karting fun next week!

After playing ( I say playing, more like getting owned on every race ) with the Mario Kart league crew my hype for the game has went down. The online just felt empty without the banter, which is what I can look forward to with this game. It's fine when it's random people but when it's people that I actually know it just feels wrong not being able to communicate with them.

After this experience I doubt I will be joining the league nights.

What you on about? You're moaning about something that won't be an issue in the MK8 League. It has voice chat in the lobby.

Yeah i'm shit at the League but I enjoy it. It's a laugh.

Give it a go. Connections ought to be better as you don't have to use shitty wi fi connection.

What you on about? You're moaning about something that won't be an issue in the MK8 League. It has voice chat in the lobby.

Yeah i'm shit at the League but I enjoy it. It's a laugh.

Give it a go. Connections ought to be better as you don't have to use shitty wi fi connection.

I couldn't give a toss if I'm last. I knew I'd be tripe at it. If I cared about winning I would have quit the race/disconnected.

Yeah, you're right, it is just all a laugh but you can't laugh about it when it's actually happening. I mean tonight Fused had a blue shell, so we all slammed the breaks on as not to get hit. He rolled on by and stayed in first by keeping the blue shell and essentially using it as a threat. Kinda like a nuke. I found this hilarious but couldn't have a laugh about it during the race.

I imagine its not the same having the crack in the lobby and by all accounts the lobby section is very brief anyway.

I may give it a shot but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Can always go on something like Skype or Teamspeak if you have a headset :p

I might check back with this thread on May 30th and all the talk is about how amazing the game is. Think I've read enough lack of voice chat complaints to last a decade.

It's almost like it's something everyone wants but didn't get. Crazy.

I might check back with this thread on May 30th and all the talk is about how amazing the game is. Think I've read enough lack of voice chat complaints to last a decade.

Forgive me for not sticking my head in the sand. As I said the other day, these complaints will continue to happen as long as Nintendo refuse to implement such a simple feature to the game or even the operating system.

It's almost like it's something everyone wants but didn't get. Crazy.

I know, right?

It's just a bit puzzling that why are Nintendo not putting full voice chat into their games when the system, as designed by themselves, does have a voice chat function built right into it? Also, based on my experience with MH3U, it works pretty damn well!

Anyway, I agree with Peeps, have you guys tried a skype / ventrilo / other separate voice chat group for Mario Kart or other games? I think that would be worth a shot, also then we could finally end the speculation and experience first-hand how voice chat really works with a game like Mario Kart. Maybe it is too chaotic, maybe it works just fine.

I've always played Mario Kart online in the past with voice chat. Even back when we were using netplay on Mario Kart 64 we used voice throughout. It adds a lot, so I can see why people would be bummed it has been excluded during MK8 races.

Does anyone still talk to randoms when gaming these days? Haven't had a positive experience with it in years. Mario Kart is an immensely loud game, I can see in-game races with anyone but good friends being an absolute clusterfuck of audio.

Load up Skype on your smartphones and round up some friends for decent online chat. That's what you guys will be doing here with the tournaments, right?

ShopTo have taken payment for my standard edition copy of Mario Kart 8 and then I suddenly remembered that I have both versions pre-ordered still so I managed to cancel my Limited Edition pre-order just in time. :)

Normally I wouldn't have bothered but I thought to myself 'that Blue Shell is really not worth almost £20 to me' so I figured it would be better to cancel in time so someone else who really wants it can grab it. : peace:

I'm going to be more than happy with the game and a free T-shirt. :D

Yep. :D

That was definitely one of the most epic moments in N-E MK league history. Although there have been many more, including loads on MK7 (as you'll be well aware ;)) that unfortunately weren't recorded due to lack of an easy way to capture footage. :sad:

A lot of the spectacular MK7 moments really had an impact on the framerate and produced some major slowdown. Gonna be interesting to see if we can break the silky smooth 60fps on MK8 too. :grin:

I'm pretty hyped for the league now....! : peace:

Also it looks like I got my dates mixed up...my last exam is now on the MORNING of the 30th which means I can go home and play this :D

Does anyone still talk to randoms when gaming these days? Haven't had a positive experience with it in years. Mario Kart is an immensely loud game, I can see in-game races with anyone but good friends being an absolute clusterfuck of audio.

I regularly play left 4 dead 2 online on PC and you get people communicating a lot on there, even when it's randoms. I've made a few friends from random games that I regularly play with today. Playing Halo online is very hit and miss with decent communication but you can easily mute people in the lobby and in the game so it's never a huge issue as you know. If I hear someone being annoying in the lobby I'll mute them before the game even starts and I don't have to deal with it.

ShopTo have taken payment for my standard edition copy of Mario Kart 8

Joins the party/hype train. :yay:

Joins the party/hype train. :yay:

No movement on my Tesco order just yet but I'm also getting pretty hyped. Getting the console and being able to play Mario Kart straight off the bat is actually making me more excited than picking up consoles at launch ever has.

Let's just hope Tesco doesn't pull a John Lewis on me haha, I'm not sure if I can be bothered to try and scrape gift cards from another retailer!

My pre-order is a store one, i can't join said hype train :(

Still, hopefully this deal with E4 will bring in much needed WiiU sales.

Load up Skype on your smartphones and round up some friends for decent online chat. That's what you guys will be doing here with the tournaments, right?

Going to see how the lobby voice chat works out.

@Hero\-of\-Time, it won't be brief, we'll be in the lobby waiting for everyone to join and then after each GP has finished, we'll be back in the lobby chatting about what went down before we start the next GP.

ShopTo have taken payment, ITS HAPPENING!!!

Next week is going to be an incredibly long week.

I've got an email from Nintendo online store.. apparently payment has been taken....

The hype is real. So real in fact, that it made me order MK8 from ShopTo yesterday.

Now I got notification that I've been charged.

Mario Kart here we come!

giphy.gif