NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Baby Rosalina is the one of the few things I absolutely hate about the roster. (And Pink-Gold Peach, that's like Honey Queen levels of dumb)

Is not that I have nothing against the baby characters, but Baby Rosalina sticks out to me especially because if someone had just given it a little more thought, they would have realised that if you were going down the "Younger Rosalina" route, this would have been a far more inspired choice!

rosalinastorybook.png

You look me in the eye and say you wouldn't rather see that!

Do any of you people with kids know if the lower ones appeal more to your kids than the upper ones? :blank:

Sadly my 4 1/2 year old daughter LOVES Baby Peach and Baby Rosalina... her face just lights up every-time she sees either on the trailers. I can guarantee they will be her go-to characters... (With their big counterparts, Yoshi and Toadette!)

Funnily enough even her as the girly-ist girl is completely non-plussed by Pink-Gold Peach... and she really does love Peach!

Isn't it enough that poor Rosalina has to be lumped in with the heavy weight category! :(

They should bring Tatanga back!

tatanga.jpg

... or you know, white gold Toad... whatever.

Characters like Tatanga and Wart would be great DLC :smile:

There's something in that image that I would like more than Tatanga, though, and that's to see some planes in Mario Kart 9.. or just go ahead and give us a new Diddy Kong Racing :yay:

Characters like Tatanga and Wart would be great DLC :smile:

There's something in that image that I would like more than Tatanga, though, and that's to see some planes in Mario Kart 9.. or just go ahead and give us a new Diddy Kong Racing :yay:

Haha, yeah it basically made me wish for Diddy Kong Racing 2 as well :p or like yo say, Mario Kart taking exactly the same approach.

How we only ever got ONE game that used that formula is just so :(

Why isn't this guy involved in any way with the Mario Kart franchise?

3ds_luigismansiondm_char10_ad.jpg

He's a FREAKING GENIUS who could've been responsible for inventing all the new additions to the karts and tracks.

2014-05-02-562.png

And in a freak accident he could've accidently created Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach, and they would become joke characters instead of serious additions to the roster.

I would love to see Prof. E. Gadd driving some sort of Polturgust adaptation.

Why isn't this guy involved in any way with the Mario Kart franchise?

He's a FREAKING GENIUS who could've been responsible for inventing all the new additions to the karts and tracks.

And in a freak accident he could've accidently created Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach, and they would become joke characters instead of serious additions to the roster.

I would love to see Prof. E. Gadd driving some sort of Polturgust adaptation.

Yeah he should totally be driving a hoover!

There is however already a reason for Pink Gold Peach's existence... ;)

Great news for Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway!At least in Finland, the whole thing seems to work like this:

1) Buy the game, get the code

2) Register the code at the Finnish Nintendo site between 30.5.2014 and 31.7.2014

3) Receive the download code into your email by 31.8.2014 at the latest.

So basically, you have to wait till August to get the code but still, at least they're making it happen... #goodjob

Wow, thanks for telling me this. Had no idea. I have been pretty annoyed at missing out on the free games the rest of the world gets just because of the country I live in. Hope they continue arranging special cases like this for us as long as we can't be members of Nintendo club, or just sort that part out.

@Tales Tell me about it. Very pleased that they're actually making this happen, a free game is quite a big incentive...

Wow, thanks for telling me this. Had no idea. I have been pretty annoyed at missing out on the free games the rest of the world gets just because of the country I live in. Hope they continue arranging special cases like this for us as long as we can't be members of Nintendo club, or just sort that part out.
Why is that so, that the Nordics can't join Club Nintendo? What's the difference with, let's say, The Netherlands where I come from? Something to do with retailer protection or price regulation and Nordic laws?

I would actually like to see some Nintendo Mii employees in this: Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto etc...

Why is that so, that the Nordics can't join Club Nintendo? What's the difference with, let's say, The Netherlands where I come from? Something to do with retailer protection or price regulation and Nordic laws?

Think it has something do with Bergsala, market regulation etc and Swedish laws, but I don't know the spesifics. Bergsala is the swedish-based distributor of Nintendo games for Scandinavia. I have just assumed Nintendo haven't worked out it with Bergsala yet. We did have the Club magazine and website but it was closed down like a decade ago.

Edited by Tales

There’s no option to invite friends into a game, and Mario Kart 8 also doesn't provide message notifications. This is seriously disappointing because you have to use outside means to coordinate friends-only races.

*shakes head*

Anyone read any reviews that mention using headsets yet? I'm slightly concerned we will only be able to use the GamePad mic, which wouldn't be ideal.

Anyone know if there are friend leaderboards for time trial? And can you download any ghost like you can on the Wii version?

I see NintendoWorldReport gave it 7.5. Not surprising really. If you have been listening to their podcast in recent weeks you could see this score coming a mile off. Most of them ( especially James ) weren't that impressed with what they saw of the game over the past few months.

*shakes head*

Cant wait for the game but its things like this that just boggle the mind.

Cant wait for the game but its things like this that just boggle the mind.

Yeah, it really bums me out to see stuff like this. :(

I always organise games with friends outside of consoles, even on 360/PS3. It was always "fancy playing Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Halo Wars/CoD etc.?" and from there it's relatively simple.

To each their own, though

I always organise games with friends outside of consoles, even on 360/PS3. It was always "fancy playing Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Halo Wars/CoD etc.?" and from there it's relatively simple.

To each their own, though

It's nice having the option of turning on the console and just seeing who's online and going from there, especially with people on here, who I don't know outside of the forums.

It's really annoying me that we still have to put up with this kind of pants with Nintendo's online games. :shakehead

It's nice having the option of turning on the console and just seeing who's online and going from there, especially with people on here, who I don't know outside of the forums.

It's really annoying me that we still have to put up with this kind of pants with Nintendo's online games. :shakehead

Defiently. I have people on my PS4/360 friendlist that I dont know outside online gaming and its nice just able to recieve or send requests for people to play some multiplayer.

*shakes head*

Someone will try and defend Nintendo and claim it's not an issue and we should use Skype and the Internet to arrange matches.

Something so basic should be in the game.