NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

I was playing Forza 5 while listening to the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack the other day. It's just not the same. :D

Hahah those hitler videos always surface . I am annoyed no bowser Jnr ,birdo or diddy kong :(

Bowser Jr, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Dry Bones, Wiggler, Kamek, Diddy Kong and Birdo

or

Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Pink-Gold Peach and Metal Mario

Your votes please :indeed:

Do any of you people with kids know if the lower ones appeal more to your kids than the upper ones? :blank:

Personally I don't mind the roster, yes the amount of 'Baby' characters does seem very unimaginative just as 'Pink-Gold Peach' seems lazy but at least we have the Koopa Kids to balance things out a bit. : peace:

Ultimately though we still have all the main 'staple' characters so I can't say I'm that fussed but yes if I was to choose the roster it would look very different to how it looks currently. :indeed:

The roster doesn't bother me either. I will be using Toad as always. Anyone else who is in the game is just a bonus. :)

I guess they just decided to put all of their efforts into the Koopalings and then call it a day.

I can see them releasing free DLC characters though.

I guess they just decided to put all of their efforts into the Koopalings and then call it a day.

I can see them releasing free DLC characters though.

That's what I hope too. More than enough to choose from with this roster, but some extra original drivers/courses DLC would be cool :awesome:

I must be casual as I always main as Mario lol. The old guy just has the appeal as like. Also, really like Mii's. Feels more personal. Definitely in the minority...

Bowser Jr, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Dry Bones, Wiggler, Kamek, Diddy Kong and Birdo

or

Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Pink-Gold Peach and Metal Mario

Your votes please :indeed:

Do any of you people with kids know if the lower ones appeal more to your kids than the upper ones? :blank:

I know my kid would prefer the top row because of the variety it offers, Petey Piranha for f's sake. Personally I love the Mii's, too.

On SNES/Super Mario Kart: Koopa

On N64/Mario Kart 64: Wario

On GBA/Super Circuit: Wario

On GC/Double Dash: Petey and King Boo

On DS/Mario Kart DS: Dry Bones

On Wii/Mario Kart Wii: Koopa

On 3DS/Mario Kart 7: Dry Bones

Seem to prefer the bad guys as always ;)

Man, I would pay MUCHOS DINEROS for a DLC Wart :indeed:

Man, I would pay MUCHOS DINEROS for a DLC Wart :indeed:

It would be like a dream...within a dream!

It's interesting to see who people main with. I think I use Mario as the red stands out on the background well enough for my ageing peepers. :awesome:

I used to always pick Luigi simply because he was the younger Mario brother and I'm the younger brother in my family... even though my brother would never be Mario.

I've always played as Toad. The SNES Mario Kart was where I fell in love with the little mushroom and I've used him ever since. Always hated it when my mate nicked him and I had to be Koopa! :(

I've always played as Toad. The SNES Mario Kart was where I fell in love with the little mushroom and I've used him ever since. Always hated it when my mate nicked him and I had to be Koopa! :(

Snap! Snap!

Koopa was great on the SNES! I always used him.

Bit gutted Paratroopa isn't back for this though. Loved him in DD.

I'm just glad that Lakitu is back, he's basically become my new 'main' character since MK7. :D

They could've gone for Fire Peach from SM3DW, actually a cool design, instead of gold...whatever...Peach.

447px-Fire_Princess_Peach_Artwork_(alt)_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

They could've gone for Fire Peach from SM3DW, actually a cool design, instead of gold...whatever...Peach.

I think the point is to have light, medium and heavy versions of Mario and Peach.

Personally, I think they should have gone "Doughnut Peach" and made her look similar to Fat Princess.

447px-Fire_Princess_Peach_Artwork_(alt)_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

How could they have explained that putting her in the heavy weight class?

Great news for Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway!

Mario Kart 8 Free Wii U Game Promotion Extended to Scandinavian Countries

In great news for Scandinavian gamers — living in Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland — Nintendo of Europe has now arranged an alternative approach so that a free game can still be claimed. Whether buying the title at physical retail, as part of the hardware bundle or on the Wii U eShop, gamers in the region will receive a pin code (with the Club Nintendo branding) — on a printed slip or on the eShop when buying the download — which can then be submitted to a special website; the web address will be released in the near future.

--

While the continuing absence of Club Nintendo in some countries is an ongoing disappointment, on this occasion Nintendo of Europe and distributor Bergsala have, at least, arranged an alternative. If you're in the region and want to know more, you can head to the Danish page, the Swedish page, Norwegian page, or the Finnish page.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/mario_kart_8_free_wii_u_game_promotion_extended_to_scandinavian_countries

At least in Finland, the whole thing seems to work like this:

1) Buy the game, get the code

2) Register the code at the Finnish Nintendo site between 30.5.2014 and 31.7.2014

3) Receive the download code into your email by 31.8.2014 at the latest.

So basically, you have to wait till August to get the code but still, at least they're making it happen... #goodjob

Isn't it enough that poor Rosalina has to be lumped in with the heavy weight category! :(

They should bring Tatanga back!

tatanga.jpg

... or you know, white gold Toad... whatever.

My usual combo of characters (as of MK-7) is Yoshi, Toad, Koopa and of recent times, Lakatu. I'm happy they are all in MK-8. Don't mind whom else is in the game.