NEurope
Ike

Mario Kart 8

Okay, the game looks fantastic visually and I'm really impressed with it. I'm slightly worried by the speed of the gameplay in those videos though..maybe it's because some of the tracks are so wide but it doesn't feel like they are 'racing' to me, although that could be because they were just on 50/100cc. I've mentioned before that SMK is one of favourite games of all time, simply because they nailed the controls and the levels were tight and rewarded cornering and controls, hopefully this game is similar.

Nintendo aren't telling us anything about the game!"

Are Nintendo planning on spoiling everything about this game before it gets released? :mad:

:p

elispp.gif

Nintendo wins all

Is that supposed to be N64 Rainbow Road or a new one in the new trailer? If they still have the one lap thing for longer tracks it may actually be fun to play.

Seeing so many say they're getting a Wii U now.

The tides...they be turning...

Is that supposed to be N64 Rainbow Road or a new one in the new trailer? If they still have the one lap thing for longer tracks it may actually be fun to play.

That's the N64 one :)

====

My favourite asset

ibgBoXjVBzeVB9.jpg

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Seeing so many say they're getting a Wii U now.

The tides...they be turning...

It does seem like there's a lot of renewed interest now, yeah. :smile:

Good job too because if MK8 doesn't get the Wii U on track then I'm going to be seriously concerned about the future of Nintendo and therefore the future of gaming as a whole. :hmm:

It's pretty clear that they've have put everything into MK8, we're seeing the best video game developer in the world on top form here. :awesome:

Panic mode Nintendo has gone into overdrive! :yay:

New footage:

God damn. :o

This game is surely ready. Why the hell we gotta wait another 2 months!?!? :cry:

It does seem like there's a lot of renewed interest now, yeah. :smile:

Good job too because if MK8 doesn't get the Wii U on track then I'm going to be seriously concerned about the future of Nintendo and therefore the future of gaming as a whole. :hmm:

It's pretty clear that they've have put everything into MK8, we're seeing the best video game developer in the world on top form here. :awesome:

Panic mode Nintendo has gone into overdrive! :yay:

New footage:

God damn. :o

This game is surely ready. Why the hell we gotta wait another 2 months!?!? :cry:

Indeed. Nintendo's output on the Wii U so far has been utterly top-notch (even if there have been droughts. There always is with first party line-ups on any console. We're just noticing it more because of lack of third party) and this seems to exceed that. I have already been questioning the gaming industry's current status at dismissing fantastic games just because of the hardware (even then I don't believe the Wii U is as bad as certain people make it out to be, sure it has issues but it's by no means bad). If Mario Kart 8 doesn't do well, then the industry has changed to something that I don't like.

Anyway, on topic, I like that video, it's the small things you notice. Like with GBA Mario Circuit, as it's showing you the level, you see the big ramp bit being raised into place. Beautiful.

This puts everything else out there that other devs are showing off to shame - it looks incredible. I literally cannot wait for this game!

I consider it criminal that you are going to be playing it on that ancient tele of yours.

I consider it criminal that you are going to be playing it on that ancient tele of yours.

What tele does he have?

I've decided to stop watching videos of this now. It looks utterly incredible and I just want to play it. I'm happy learning about weapons and modes and such, but do t want to watch videos.

Anyone else surprised they never did a direct with all this?

This is my TV!

old_tv_by_somniumstock.jpg

I don't know what @kav82 is laughing at though, my TV may be shit, but at least I don't sit cowering in the corner begging my wimpy flat mate for the remote haha

Item customisation.

"There was some item customization in Mario Kart 7, in that you could choose to have a mushroom-only race or shell-only race. We're going to have that plus a little bit more, actually, in Mario Kart 8," Yabuki said during a roundtable interview at GDC last month.

"I think we're going to be able to answer that feeling of, 'I don't want to race with items.' Well, OK, then no items. Or, 'I only want to have bananas.' Well, OK. I think we're going to be able to provide a system to answer that desire this time around."

Item customisation.

His examples are EXACTLY what you can do in 7 :) I want to know if we can turn on and off any item in the game :) Also, stop the UTTERLY RIDICULOUS item locking to communities. Just have communities and then let us change how we want to play each game!

This is my TV!

I don't know what @kav82 is laughing at though, my TV may be shit, but at least I don't sit cowering in the corner begging my wimpy flat mate for the remote haha

I'm not sure if you're joking or not... I think yes... But ... That isn't your tele is it?

This is my TV!

Yeah that's not quite the case there mate. Cheeky git! Haha

Looks good. Digging the small SMK influences. Still a bit worried about how the online will turn out, though... #fingerscrossed

elispp.gif

Nintendo wins all

Donut Plains in HD. Jaw on the floor.

As good as the new trailer was (that remixed Rainbow Road sound track!!), the visuals REALLY look stunning when the perspective is as above, and not in free flowing replay mode.

OMN goes through the tracks by cup. I'll just link the Mushroom Cup though.

This is freaking AMAZING!!! :yay: I see some favorite courses returning :heart:

Hype levels gone up...now the wait will take forever.

Any mention of the online functions in any of the previews?

Nintendo still has a few things to show - the rest of the characters, for example, and most notably the Mario Kart TV feature briefly mentioned at E3 last year, used for sharing race footage. We got a sneak peek at the "Edit Highlight Reel" option included at the end of each race, where you select parameters to automatically generate a video of your playthrough. You can choose the clip length, specific characters for the camera to follow and a focus on key racing moments such as item use or stunt jumps. It's a nice extra, especially considering the Wii U's lack of any baked-in game-streaming.

Sounds great!

Moo Moo Meadows looks absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!!!! If anyone finds a gif please post it

Edited by Ronnie

Any mention of the online functions in any of the previews?

Sounds great!

I've been thinking about it, based on what I've read, and I'm convinced that all the Mario Kart 8 trailers were made using this feature.